Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Blues...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disneyland Blues...

    I just recieved my Walt Disney World Travel Planning Kit today in the mail and after watching the DVD for a good 2 hours, I must say. DisneyWorld puts Disneyland to shame in soo many ways. Don't get me wrong,....I absolutly love Disneyland, but after seeing Disneyworld, comparing the two is like comparing an apple to an Apple Pie. The original is sweet and always good in it's original form, but the 2nd version is bigger, sweeter, and the flavor is enhanced to leave your taste buds wanting more.

    I don't know what to think anymore. I feel like i've betrayed Disneyland in some way, but at the same time, it's a step up for the better.
    I'm sooo confused....
    Beautify Yourself

  • #2
    I watched the WDW DVD and I wanted to break it...or let my dog defecate on it, those hosts were damn annoying. It did nothing for me, Disneyland is still vastly superior, quality over quanity.

    Comment


    • #3
      Have you been to WDW yet, Derekuda?

      Comment


      • #4
        Try watching the Cruise DVD, you won't be able to make it through!
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!


        - Wolfette

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by twinmom
          Have you been to WDW yet, Derekuda?
          Nope, Thats why i ordered the planning kit. I'm hoping to save up and go hopefully in the next 6 months.
          Beautify Yourself

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wolfy999
            Try watching the Cruise DVD, you won't be able to make it through!
            Make it thru as in it's annoying or make it thru as it will make me want to explode with excitment.????
            Beautify Yourself

            Comment


            • #7
              how's the saving coming along??

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by girl anachronism
                how's the saving coming along??
                I need to pay off my Laptop, and then the saving can officialy begin.
                I owe around 1400, so it shouldn't take too long hopefully.

                But on a side note.....I am seriously considering making one final purchase....the six disc DL set. I want to buy it before it sells out. Isn't it a limited thing?

                P.S. The WDW saving fund is still open if anyone wants to give any donations. Sympathy is always a good thing.
                Beautify Yourself

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by girl anachronism
                  I watched the WDW DVD and I wanted to break it...or let my dog defecate on it, those hosts were damn annoying. It did nothing for me, Disneyland is still vastly superior, quality over quanity.

                  Yeah, no kidding. I had to turn the thing off.. I even tried hitting the mute button for a couple minutes but still just seeing them was bad enough. Its only worth the really great Happiest Celebration commercial at the beginning. haha. Other than that, what a waste of materials. I was hoping I would learn more about what exactly WDW has to offers and some more info about attractions and the different parks, but I felt like I was still confused and in the dark after watching it. I have no idea what to expect still, I didn't really get any particular "feel" of the parks from the DVDs, just close ups of the bad hosts and hostesses and some very sterile, general press-clips from the attractions.

                  I was very disappointed by the planning package. I havent seen Disneyland's .. I'd like to see how the two compare...

                  Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MasterGracey
                    I was very disappointed by the planning package. I havent seen Disneyland's .. I'd like to see how the two compare...
                    ohhoho, well it consisted of the Happiest Celebration on Earth commercial, and the Disneyland short clip that was in the special features.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Man. I haven't been to WDW, but I don't know how I could ever like it more than DL.
                      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                      -- robotarmada.net --

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by robotpirates
                        Man. I haven't been to WDW, but I don't know how I could ever like it more than DL.
                        Watch the WDW planning video! Like I said before, I absolutly love Disneyland, but after watching all the stuff to do there, its just hard to compair the two.
                        Beautify Yourself

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have been to both, I like Disneyland more. Disneyworld is just a bit much for me.
                          Are we there Yet? :devil:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The pictures I've seen of WDW Magic Kingdom look.. icky. Plus things look too spaced out; it looks like DCA with better rides. I like how cramped Disneyland can be.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by robotpirates
                              Man. I haven't been to WDW, but I don't know how I could ever like it more than DL.
                              You could, trust me. It's not perfect, but overall, I think it's better.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                WDW is great. I went in 96, but I don't like how you can't stay off site and just walk to the resorts like you can Disneyland. Besides, DL is the original!!!!
                                Katie :yea:
                                Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!








                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Adventurer
                                  You could, trust me. It's not perfect, but overall, I think it's better.
                                  Nah. DL is too much in my blood.
                                  Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                                  -- robotarmada.net --

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    A trip to WDW is a totally different experience from one to Disneyland. At WDW, everything is Disney. I love both WDW and DL, but they are very different experiences. The Magic Kingdom is definitely not able to compare to Disneyland itself. Though instead of just having DCA across the way, you have Epcot, Disney Studios, Animal Kingdom, the two water parks, the golf courses, the recreation opportunities at each of the resorts, the resorts themselves, a larger Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. Not everyone likes everything at WDW, but there is going to be something that appeals to each person. I haven't been to WDW since 2000, and go to DL basically weekly now and I do love both.

                                    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

                                    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


                                    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by AndersDMB
                                      A trip to WDW is a totally different experience from one to Disneyland. At WDW, everything is Disney. I love both WDW and DL, but they are very different experiences. The Magic Kingdom is definitely not able to compare to Disneyland itself. Though instead of just having DCA across the way, you have Epcot, Disney Studios, Animal Kingdom, the two water parks, the golf courses, the recreation opportunities at each of the resorts, the resorts themselves, a larger Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. Not everyone likes everything at WDW, but there is going to be something that appeals to each person. I haven't been to WDW since 2000, and go to DL basically weekly now and I do love both.
                                      I hope to go to WDW in a couple of years. Maybe 2007. ...I don't know whether to save up for a West Coast Disney cruise or WDW. Maybe both.

                                      I definitely want to have my honeymoon at WDW!
                                      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                                      -- robotarmada.net --

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Disneyland is still the best. It will always be where my memories are, and send me back to my visits as a kid, and make me happy.

                                        It is like all those new baseball/hockey-- stadiums/arena's. Sure it's nice to Visit the new large staduims, but what can beat the Classics like Fenway or Wrigley? Disneyland is the same way.

                                        Did the Disney World Video show you the Mesquitoes the size of mini-coopers in it too? The Florida humidity and insects never let you forget it was BUILT IN A SWAMP.
                                        -----------------------------------------------
                                        DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

                                        YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X