This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PanTheMan
    Disneyland is still the best. It will always be where my memories are, and send me back to my visits as a kid, and make me happy.

It is like all those new baseball/hockey-- stadiums/arena's. Sure it's nice to Visit the new large staduims, but what can beat the Classics like Fenway or Wrigley? Disneyland is the same way.

Did the Disney World Video show you the Mesquitoes the size of mini-coopers in it too? The Florida humidity and insects never let you forget it was BUILT IN A SWAMP.
    I never had any problems with mosquitos at WDW. Let's not exagerrate or make things up, now, shall we?

Comment

I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that most of Florida is on or near a swamp, it is humid and there are mosquitoes.........

I believe those are called facts
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Adventurer, you've been very lucky to not encounter mosquitos in WDW, generally, they are some of the largest mosquitos I've seen.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by AndersDMB
          Adventurer, you've been very lucky to not encounter mosquitos in WDW, generally, they are some of the largest mosquitos I've seen.
          Ahhhhhhhhhahhhhhahhhhh! *hides*
          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Well, could have been due to the muck fires. They probably acted like a giant mosquto punk, kept them all away.

Comment

I like what someone said earlier- Disneyland is in my blood. Going to DL is like going home for me- And I said that before the 50th stuff started. I'm sure when I get to WDW, I will love it. But it will never be a part of my soul.
              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by AndersDMB
                A trip to WDW is a totally different experience from one to Disneyland. At WDW, everything is Disney. I love both WDW and DL, but they are very different experiences. The Magic Kingdom is definitely not able to compare to Disneyland itself. Though instead of just having DCA across the way, you have Epcot, Disney Studios, Animal Kingdom, the two water parks, the golf courses, the recreation opportunities at each of the resorts, the resorts themselves, a larger Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. Not everyone likes everything at WDW, but there is going to be something that appeals to each person. I haven't been to WDW since 2000, and go to DL basically weekly now and I do love both.
                I must agree, there are things there that I never knew where there. There were a couple things I saw on the video that I don't thing I would ever actually want to do while at WDW (camping, fishing...ect.), but just the fact that you have the ability to do it at WDW is just amazing.
                Beautify Yourself

Comment

Yeah. It all depends on what you're looking for.
                  Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by Adventurer
                    I never had any problems with mosquitos at WDW. Let's not exagerrate or make things up, now, shall we?

I think it depends on when you go. In the spring/summer, it's likely you will get bit. If you are afraid of bugs and the like, save a trip for Oct/Nov Dec. May I suggest the 2nd week of December? Not sure how it is now, but when I went that was perfect. The weather was nice, the crowds weren't bad at all and aside from the castle looking like a cupcake...it was fun!!!!
                    Katie :yea:
                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Is West Nile virus a problem in Florida?

Comment

Why is there a debate over which park is better (DL vs WDW)? Why do people have to argue over such ridiculous things? Does it really matter? If you grew up going to DL and that is where your childhood memories are then you'd probably say DL. However, if you grew up going to WDW (like my wife and I) you'd probably say WDW!

What does this prove? That they are both equally great and unique and what makes one park better then the other is the memories that you make as you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle
                          The pictures I've seen of WDW Magic Kingdom look.. icky. Plus things look too spaced out; it looks like DCA with better rides. I like how cramped Disneyland can be.
                          I have to agree with this... I love WDW but it can't compare to the original. Imagine a giant scale model of Disneyland built on a big rubber canvas. Take it at each of the corners and s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Then, install giant DCA style cement slab pathways between EVERYThING. And that's how they designed WDW Magic Kingdom. You can't beat the intimacy of Disneyland (I wouldn't say "cramped"). WDW/MK is just spread out more... and you have to do a whole lor more walking in miserably humid weather for the same amount of attractions, and a less "magical" atmosphere IMHO. Disneyland rules!

BTW, does it bother anybody else that they stole the name "Magic Kingdom" from DL and gave it to WDW? Disneyland is the original Magic Kingdom!

--J.
                          --Jonathan

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X