• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abominable Snowman
    Premium Youngling and
    • Aug 2006

Cocina Cucamonga (BLAH!!!)

I took at relaxing trip to the park yesterday to watch only shows for the whole day which was awesome. Right after we finished watching Aladdin, the feeling of hunger was set upon us. We decided to go to Cocina Cucamonga in DCA because nothing sounded better than pork tacos with chips and beans (mmmmm). Well we got there only to find out that they took away not only the nachos (which i had already known about) but they took away my pork tacos! I decided to go with the chicken tacos because I figured there was no way they could mess up chicken, boy was I wrong. I have never had such dry chicken in a such stale tortillas before! Not only were the tacos terrible but they were served with the dryest mexican rice I have ever had with cold beans and no chips. This used to be one of my favorite resturaunts is DCA but not anymore!

Anyone else thing this restaurant had changed for the worse?
  • WannaCub
    Can Only Wish For More!
    • Aug 2005

Re: Cocina Cucamonga (BLAH!!!)

Where is that restaurant?
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Comment

• Uzmati
      Zero Blockout Dates
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WannaCub View Post
      Where is that restaurant?
      It's in the Fisherman's Wharf Area of DCA by Rita's Baja Blenders and the Pacific Wharf Cafe.
      IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

• doombuggy driver
        Haunted Mansion Lover
        • Sep 2006

If you want good nachos you should try Whitewater snacks in GCH. They have the best nachos I have ever had!!!
        Foolish Mortal
        sigpic

Comment

• ~*~Aniko~*~
          MiceChatter
          • Apr 2005

they took away the nachos????

im going to go cry now

Comment

• The Mad Hatter
            • Jan 2005

I've eaten there. The food isn't bad....they just don't give you enough.

Comment

• Doofy
              • Aug 2006

I haven't been there in over a year. I don't know that I will go back now. Most of the time we have a craving for Mexican food we end up at Rancho Del Zocalo.
              Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

• migo
                Mexihick, y'all
                • Feb 2005

That place just sucks now. Knowing they took away the nachos ruined it for me.

Comment

• snappy
                  • Jan 2005

No mas Nacho's!!!! What??? I loved eating them! They were tasty and we always got them! Dammm Disney!@!#$#@#

Comment

• Aristocat
                    Astigmatic
                    • Nov 2005

I liked the pork tacos, too. Oh, well, I guess I have another reason to go to the Cove Bar. You can get nachos there...and with chicken, if you ask.
                    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                    Words hurt.

Comment

• 10-8atDisneyland
                      • Mar 2005

The steak nachos were great. Don't know why they do stuff like that, instead of just adding a few items they replace items. They did the same thing at Stage Door Cafe, took away the burgers and replaced them with fried fish and chicken sticks. It seems it would be a better idea to add items to an already successful menu in order give the guest a larger choice of items. I realise this would add pressure to the kitchen but I can't imagine that being a big factor.

Comment

• Max Fischer
                        That Guy
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Doofy View Post
                        Most of the time we have a craving for Mexican food we end up at Rancho Del Zocalo.

With all due respect, I think that Rancho Del Crappo is really, really, bad. It reminds me of grade school cafeteria food, when the regular cooks are on vacation. Seriously, you will find better Mexican food at a 'Somebody-Bertos' drive through.

Yikes.

Comment

• chadb14
                          • Feb 2005

I have never even tried to get Mexican food in the park

Comment

• wave789
                            MiceChatter
                            • Sep 2006

I work at Rancho del Zocalo as one of my restaurants and I will tell you that it is very much dependent on the CM serving the food how the quality is. It is our discretion when we through away old tortillas, replace old rice, beans, etc. It works this way for any similar restaurant in the parks. There is not much uniformity going on because each CM is given almost complete control over the food they serve. Some CMs will give more of a certain food while some will portion less. I speak for buffeteria restaurants though, not necessarily counter service. Although this does depend on the nature of the food being served.

Comment

• wave789
                              MiceChatter
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
                              The steak nachos were great. Don't know why they do stuff like that, instead of just adding a few items they replace items. They did the same thing at Stage Door Cafe, took away the burgers and replaced them with fried fish and chicken sticks. It seems it would be a better idea to add items to an already successful menu in order give the guest a larger choice of items. I realise this would add pressure to the kitchen but I can't imagine that being a big factor.
                              I don't know about SDC specifically, but some kitchens already operate at capacity. They simply cannot make any new product because there's no way to do it. Also, some kitchens are EXTREMELY small like Coke Corner. Coke Corner doesn't need a big kitchen for its limited menu (hot dogs, pretzels, bread bowls), but I can't imagine they'd have room back there to make anything else in addition to those foods.

Comment

• Walt Jr.
                                It's all about Theme!
                                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                                With all due respect, I think that Rancho Del Crappo is really, really, bad. It reminds me of grade school cafeteria food, when the regular cooks are on vacation. Seriously, you will find better Mexican food at a 'Somebody-Bertos' drive through.

Yikes.
                                Don't put down that resturant! That is like the best place in my opinion in Disneyland. Excluding Blue Bayou. Nobody can compete with that.
                                Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                                "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                                -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                                -August 2nd 2010

Comment

• erick13
                                  Former CM
                                  • May 2005

Originally posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
                                  You should see the tiny kitchen at Stage Door. They was really no way to add anything to the menu and the burger stove was pretty small. With such a small kitchen it made them really slow. While I don't eat at Stage Door I do appericate that they do have food there that I can't get anywhere else in DL and now they are faster too.

Next time you go to Stage Door just look into the back. What you see is all of the space they have back there which isn't much.

Comment

• wave789
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                                    Don't put down that resturant! That is like the best place in my opinion in Disneyland. Excluding Blue Bayou. Nobody can compete with that.
                                    This is exactly what I'm saying. You guys clearly had different CMs serving you at Rancho because your experiences were so vastly different.

Comment

• 10-8atDisneyland
                                      • Mar 2005

Actually I've been IN the kitchen at Stage Door as well as EVERY kitchen at both parks.

Added: I guess what I'm saying is that they could have added the fried fish and chicken strips with little or no impact as they were already frying French fries. The only problem I see with that would have been a potential storage problem. After all, you drop some fries in the fryer or you drop some fish or chicken, it's not like they would be making something that uses a completely different cooking method.
                                      Last edited by 10-8atDisneyland; 10-17-2006, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Abominable Snowman
                                        Premium Youngling and
                                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by wave789 View Post
                                        I don't know about SDC specifically, but some kitchens already operate at capacity. They simply cannot make any new product because there's no way to do it.
                                        Isnt it kinda true that a kitchen cant expand because when the restaurant is initially built, it is built to make only the things that are initially on the menu? Like if Redd Rockets wanted to add Mozzerella sticks to the menu, the couldnt because that kitchen was built only to make pizza pasta and salads. See what I mean?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X