• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WDI33
    Tour Ready
    • Jan 2005

Tiki Room Re-Opening Question...

The Tiki Room is scheduled to be closed 08/02/2004 - 03/11/2005. Does this mean the Tiki room will reopen on 3/11 or 3/12? I'd love to be there for the first show... and would hate to miss it! Hope someone can help! Thanks!
  • figment1986
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

currently i think if it says through then it will open on March 12, 2005... unless something set it back.....

Comment

• xfkirsten
      I Hug My Tapirs
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by figment1986
      currently i think if it says through then it will open on March 12, 2005... unless something set it back.....
      Yup, that's what they mean.
      "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• mamabot
        Rally Vixen
        MiceChat Administrator
        • Jan 2005

Ah yes, but will there be soft openings? I want to be there as soon as they open it, work and family schedule allowing.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• Disneyland RR Guy
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2005

Tiki will NOT have a soft opening. Even though long down times have soft openings. Tiki is behind schedule. It will reopn March 12, 2005.

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

• mamabot
            Rally Vixen
            MiceChat Administrator
            • Jan 2005

Thank you for the information DL RR Guy! We have waited this long already, another few weeks isn't going to hurt. Especially since Tiki is getting the love it deserves.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• xfkirsten
              I Hug My Tapirs
              • Jan 2005

I sure hope it's on time. I really miss it! I used to think it was boring, but I've come to love the Tiki Room... even when that finale gets stuck in my head...
              "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• Disneyland RR Guy
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2005

Update: Tiki is now on the TBD (To be determined) list. Tiki might reopen March 12, however that is not for sure.

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

• xfkirsten
                  I Hug My Tapirs
                  • Jan 2005

Agh, that's a shame. Well, I'd rather see them take their time and do it right than rush to finish it on time. Keep us posted!

Comment

• E-ticket
                    With my wife....
                    • Jan 2005

Are they quantifiably changing the Tiki room? Or just fresh paint, etc...?
                    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

• Jerm
                      Jerm is Food...Not Friend
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by E-ticket
                      Are they quantifiably changing the Tiki room? Or just fresh paint, etc...?
                      Have you not heard about all the stuff going on? They gutted the full building and had to rebuild most of it. The show will be the same but everything will be new and clean. Also the outside (Tiki Garden) is being redone as we speak and will look better then it has in years.

J
                      Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

• Cuzco-topia
                        /sigh
                        • Jan 2005

Yeah! So, maybe now all the tiki todem poles will actually sing in unison without spastic blinking!
                        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                        Marge: Pink.
                        Homer: D'oh!
                        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• swagdaddy
                          Baybeh!
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                          Yeah! So, maybe now all the tiki todem poles will actually sing in unison without spastic blinking!
                          Which came to be a highlight to me in recent years. It was funny to watch.
                          www.deliciousmayhem.net
                          www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

• Cuzco-topia
                            /sigh
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by swagdaddy
                            Which came to be a highlight to me in recent years. It was funny to watch.
                            True! The freakish one-eyed tiki that always stared at me during the show, did have it's charm!
                            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

• Disneydanny
                              • Jan 2005

It sure is a shame that the full show from '63 won't be back. I personally know Imagineer Alice Davis & she was verry upset when the show was edited

Comment

• Dustysage
                                Man of mystery and
                                MiceChat Administrator
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disneydanny
                                It sure is a shame that the full show from '63 won't be back. I personally know Imagineer Alice Davis & she was verry upset when the show was edited
                                I'm sure that many of us diehards agree with you. However, the real problem was that people would get bored and leave in the middle of the show. So the door kept getting opened which ruined the show for everyone who wanted to stay. At least in the abbreviated form, there are fewer people who get up and leave (Usually just teenagers or parents to remove a screaming child).

Now, if they'd just start serving tiki drinks at the tiki room, we'd be set!

-Dusty
                                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                Save

Comment

• TNTigger
                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dustysage

Now, if they'd just start serving tiki drinks at the tiki room, we'd be set!

-Dusty

Here you go, mate!
                                  Last edited by TNTigger; 01-25-2005, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Cuzco-topia
                                    /sigh
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dustysage
                                    ...Now, if they'd just start serving tiki drinks at the tiki room, we'd be set!

-Dusty
                                    What a brilliant idea, Dusty! Mai Tai's all around!

Comment

• AP2CM
                                      "Retired" DL Tour Guide
                                      • Jan 2005

actually, I'd be content if they just brought the dole whip back. That's an attraction in itself!
                                      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                                      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                                      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

• Disneydanny
                                        • Jan 2005

Don't worry they'll be back

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X