This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filming in the park today 10/18/06

I was in the park today and noticed filming going on, I understand from speaking with a CM that it was for a Coca-Cola commercial which will be playing in movie theaters durring the previews...I was curious if anybody happened to be in the park today and snapped a couple shots of all the action going on with the film crew & actors, thanks!

Re: Filming in the park today 10/18/06

That's weird because I thought Disney was cutting ties with them for selling an unhealthy product. Interesting.

Comment

Coca-Cola? Naw... THAT'S a lucrative deal, if I ever saw one!

Comment

They would never get rid of coca-cola. Thats been a sponsor for a while! and its my favorite soft drink.

Comment

Oh... well in that case...

Comment

All of the coca-cola product you drink in the park, whether it be a 20oz contour bottle or the syrup in your fountain soda... is sent to disneyland for free as part of their sponsorship.

So what you pay Disneyland for the drink is 100% profit for Disneyland. And 100% name recognition for Coca-Cola tied to Mickey Mouse.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              All of the coca-cola product you drink in the park, whether it be a 20oz contour bottle or the syrup in your fountain soda... is sent to disneyland for free as part of their sponsorship.

So what you pay Disneyland for the drink is 100% profit for Disneyland. And 100% name recognition for Coca-Cola tied to Mickey Mouse.
              Well, they have to pay for the water in the fountain drink.
              "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
              "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Has anyone had a coke with too much syrup in it? Those are soo good!
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                  They would never get rid of coca-cola. Thats been a sponsor for a while! and its my favorite soft drink.
                  50+ years in the park as one of a couple of the original sponsors.
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                    That's weird because I thought Disney was cutting ties with them for selling an unhealthy product. Interesting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=1937651&page=1
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                      Well, they have to pay for the water in the fountain drink.
                      Don't forget the cup! As well as those peskie guests who also take a straw, that is real money! They just might have to start charging even more for a soda...

Comment

we saw them in the store near Buzz, and then again near the Plaza garden. forgot pics thought, my battery was flat!! SORRY!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                        Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                        Originally Posted by MWalton
                        :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

May 8, 2006 — Are overweight Americans to blame for the fact that McDonald's Happy Meals might stop offering Disney action figures after this year? Maybe, maybe not.

The dissolution of a 10-year promotional partnership between the Walt Disney Co., the parent company of ABC News, and McDonald's made waves today when a newspaper report said Disney might have concerns about marketing fast food to children, which it might not believe is in keeping with its family-friendly image.

Disney and McDonald's are not renewing an agreement that saw the fast-food chain promote Disney movies exclusively for the past 10 years, often with tie-ins to the restaurant chain's Happy Meals for children. A report in today's Los Angeles Times suggested that Disney chose to end the relationship because it did not want to be linked to childhood obesity, which is often associated with fast-food menu items.

The thread is about Coke NOT McDonalds. No where (above) does it say Disney is cutting ties with Coke.
                          Last edited by minnietoo; 10-18-2006, 06:13 PM.
                          sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                            50+ years in the park as one of a couple of the original sponsors.
                            You are correct!

Comment

At least they put rootbeer in our park. *grumbles at magic kingdom*

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                                At least they put rootbeer in our park. *grumbles at magic kingdom*
                                I feel your pain, if you're back before January I'll run downstairs to the cast vending machines and get you a bottle.

Comment

If Disneyland were to cut out unhealthy food and drink, there really wouldn't be much left to eat or drink in the park.
                                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

True... and some of it stems from the classic "theme park" food, that Walt wanted to be oh so much better than the other guys.
                                    Well... better, not omnipresent.

Comment

I wish they would Pepsi back into the park...

(yes they did use to have Pepsi.)

Comment

I wish they would put ice tea back. Part of the menu change at the golden horse shoe was the elimination of ice tea.
                                        Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                                        How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
                                        Originally posted by steamboatpete
                                        Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X