This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Burtonis Opinion on Haunted Mansion Holiday

Over on aint it cool news Harry Knowles posted an interview with Tim Burton about many topics, like Sweeney Todd. The thing that stood out to me was about the Haunted Mansion Holiday. It is a terrific interview and it can be found at this link. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30438

HK: How do you feel about them using the NIGHTMARE characters on something like The Haunted Mansion. Does that feel good to you or is it sort of like messing with something precious to you in a different form?
    TB: At one level, I feel quite honored by it, but there's one level where it kind of pissed me off because they never... Because, you know, you feel like it's your creation and it's something that they... I mean, they were excited enough to let the movie be made, but that was about it, and then it becomes something else. I have mixed feelings about it, but basically I think it's fine. Where I would draw the line would be doing spin-off movies or something like that. That I don't feel is right.
    But that I felt was kind of cool. I love The Haunted Mansion. I felt more bad for The Haunted Mansion in a certain way because that's like toying with a classic!
    HK: That's sort of what I was thinking of. I know you growing up in Burbank... going to The Haunted Mansion had to be...
    TB: Yeah, that was a big deal. I remember when it first opened up. It was a big deal. It was a great ride. I feel more sorry for that.

Re: Tim Burtonis Opinion on Haunted Mansion Holiday

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
    Where I would draw the line would be doing spin-off movies or something like that. That I don't feel is right.
    Somebody go ask Tim what he thinks of the spinoff storylines in Kingdom Hearts.

Comment

Yah, Tim Burton has always been on one side or another about the Haunted Mansion. He was supposed to make an appearance at the park for one Haunted Mansion Holiday event but bailed out at the last minute, sending a video of himself talking to the camera instead.

He was also on Leno earlier this week to talk about the 3D version of the film. He made a joke that it took them over 10 years to figure out how to market the film and it's almost true. (in my opinion, they never marketed it even now... the fans were there, they just started making the merchandise and the fans marketed it for free).

Tim Burton also joked that he had the option of making the film in 3D, or just play the movie with Disney Executives coming down from the ceiling to scare the audeince... he opted for the 3D route.

Funny guy Tim Burton is.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
        He was also on Leno earlier this week to talk about the 3D version of the film. He made a joke that it took them over 10 years to figure out how to market the film and it's almost true. (in my opinion, they never marketed it even now... the fans were there, they just started making the merchandise and the fans marketed it for free).
        Keep in mind that Hot Topic didn't exist in 1995. Neither did Mallgoths. Much like how fantasy role-play is more popular now than it was in the 1970s, when it was just a bunch of basement-dwellers.

Comment

for the record, hot topic did exist in 1995

Comment

Originally posted by mantrasia View Post
            for the record, hot topic did exist in 1995
            Hahaha thanks for that, cause I was gonna say thesame thing.
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
              Very interesting read.
              ---------- A Yzma Fan ----------

The One And The Only - MiceChat.com.

Comment

I experienced Haunted Mansion Holiday for the first time last year, and I was really impressed with it. I expected to be disappointed by the crass corruption of a classic ride, but they did an amazing job integrating the movie into the ride for the most part. For one thing, the storyline through the ride made a lot more sense than the bride-killing pirate story (maybe that's why the non-holiday HM is being re-done - HMH gave them an idea of how the ride could work better).

P.S. The man's name is Burton. I'm not sure who this Burtoni fellow is. A distant Italian relation perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
                  P.S. The man's name is Burton. I'm not sure who this Burtoni fellow is. A distant Italian relation perhaps?
                  was that in jest...because it obviously was a typo that must be forgiven.

Ta Da!

Comment

And how do us Sweeney fans feel about him doing that ha ha!
                    Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
                      I experienced Haunted Mansion Holiday for the first time last year, and I was really impressed with it. I expected to be disappointed by the crass corruption of a classic ride, but they did an amazing job integrating the movie into the ride for the most part. For one thing, the storyline through the ride made a lot more sense than the bride-killing pirate story (maybe that's why the non-holiday HM is being re-done - HMH gave them an idea of how the ride could work better).

The Haunted Mansion has never had a bride-killing pirate storyline. It may have been proposed at one time, but it was never implemented. Ever.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                        I thought typos were an unforgivable sin, right up there with leaving the toilet seat up...
                        -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                          Of course it was in jest!

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                            I thought typos were an unforgivable sin, right up there with leaving the toilet seat up...
                            If leaving the toilet seat up is a sin, I better get to confession right away!

My penance: no disneyland for 2 weeks.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                              Somebody go ask Tim what he thinks of the spinoff storylines in Kingdom Hearts.
                              That is a good question to ask him. Too bad I didn't think of it last February when I got his autograph at a Corpse Bride DVD signing. Would have been interesting to hear his thoughts on that.
                              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                He was also on Leno earlier this week to talk about the 3D version of the film.
                                Tim was great on Leno. I loved when he was talking about the German reporters at junkets.

Reporter: Is it true that you and Helena live in two seperate houses only connected by a TUNNEL?!?!?!?!? And what is your obsession with Vincent Price?
                                Tim: Well, you know he kinda saved my life when I was kid and I watched his movies.
                                Reporter: Why? Was your life in some sort of DANGER?!?!?!

) ) )
                                Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X