This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Beer Floats anyone?

Ok, I see a million threads on various snacks in the park (Dole whips, churros, etc.) so I thought I'd ask if anyone else here always gets a root beer float from the soft serve ice cream Catch a Flave (I believe) at Paradise Pier at DCA? I just discovered these over the past year and now I try to always get one when I go (unless it's cold!) It's a classic treat, but I've never had it with soft serve and I'm a fan. Anyone else?

P.S. I apologize if anyone else has written threads on this although it is kind of random!

Re: Root Beer Floats anyone?

Other threads on it? Hmm can't think of any, I mean I could be wrong don't quote me I don't wanna get fired or anything over it...

*sorry*

Comment

I don't usually get the root beer floats, but I do love to get a cup of butter pecan. Man, that stuff is SO GOOD! MMMMMMMM

Comment

Well, actually this place is awesome no matter what you get. I like the soft serve flavor blast with chocolate or strawberry. This is my fave ice cream in the parks.

almandot, I figure there wouldn't be, I just didn't want to contribute to the endless threads about the same treats over and over. Dang dole whips.

Comment

But....it really is all about the Dole Whips. Dole Whips are the 42 of Disneyland culinary options.
          MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I was referring to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
              It's funny you brought that up, because that was the first thing that I thought of when I read "root beer floats at DCA."

Let's focus on the happy this time.
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

OH I remember reading that thread. Quite the debate! I went to that place after reading that because a float sounded good and it wasn't on the menu...guess it's just an assumed item. Soft serve floats are the win anyway!

HAHA Those dole whips always end up somewhere in a thread...they are like an official Disneyland treat. I don't care for them that much (yikes, that's blasphemy!) which is why I try to find other yummy options...hence the root beer float. And I'm back on topic.

Comment

That really is blasphemous! Be careful, or we may make you walk the plank!! :lol:

Nah...I haven't tried the soft-serve floats...but I'm going to have to next time! I may even have to request a Diet Coke float, because those are nummy as well!

And if you're looking for other delicious treats...I have to plug the Cream Cheese stuffed Pretzel. Deviloushly good! Available at Coke Corner and also now at the pretzel cart near the Mark Twain Landing!
                  MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                    That really is blasphemous! Be careful, or we may make you walk the plank!! :lol:

Nah...I haven't tried the soft-serve floats...but I'm going to have to next time! I may even have to request a Diet Coke float, because those are nummy as well!

And if you're looking for other delicious treats...I have to plug the Cream Cheese stuffed Pretzel. Deviloushly good! Available at Coke Corner and also now at the pretzel cart near the Mark Twain Landing!
                    Haha, And that is why I stay away from the Dole Whip opinion threads! Unless they have changed since I tried them like 10 years ago, they were too air-y for me. Still tasty, just not the holy grail.

That sounds good! The first thing that comes to mind is in Joey's voice from Friends..."What's not to like? Cream cheese...good, pretzel...good!" I'm so glad I'm going this weekend! "Unhealthy" treats may be on the outs with the parks, but I'm on a "minivacation", bring on the treats!

Comment

Why don't they build a soft serve like Catch a flav in DL. I try to get over there every now and again.

I used to get rootbeer floats at Carnation gardens (still have the mugs), I miss that place.

Comment

I didn't know they sold RBF's!!!!

/slams door/tires on car screeching away

Comment

What I miss is the old Fashion rootbeer floats with scoop ice cream (in a mug) sell at Main street Cone Cream Parlor.

it stop when dreyer's took over.

I wish that bring it back:yea:

DL have soft server ice cream is in Gibson Girl ice cream parlor
                          Last edited by akfandisney; 10-19-2006, 06:17 AM.

Toy Story Mania construction:
                          Older photo
                          New Photo

Member of
                          MiceChat WDW Trip
                          Next trip
                          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                            But....it really is all about the Dole Whips. Dole Whips are the 42 of Disneyland culinary options.
                            HaHa I like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxxy reference, did any one else catch that?

But back ontopic, I will have to give the soft serve float a try when I get to Disneyland for the first time

Comment

They sell root beer floats there!?

Comment

News to me. I am THERE this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
                                  I used to get rootbeer floats at Carnation gardens (still have the mugs), I miss that place.

Me too! It was a plastic mug with Mickey's sitting in a row and saying "i wonder what I'm going to do next!" or something like that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Where is 'Catch a Flave' is it by the entrance to DCA with Burrrrbank, or is it buried back in the resort?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                                      Where is 'Catch a Flave' is it by the entrance to DCA with Burrrrbank, or is it buried back in the resort?

It's Paradise Pier to the left of CA Screamin'. Yah, it's like... real lonely.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Mmmmm. Roootbeeeer floooaaaats. Scandelicious.

I like rootbeer freezes even better. Same thing but run through a shake mixer.
                                        -AmandasDad

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X