X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare b4 xmas 3D Downtown Disney?

Heya...
    I was planning on going to the park this coming Sunday, and wanted to catch Nightmare Before Christmas 3D beforehand at the AMC theater in Downtown Disney. After looking online today, I was surprised to see that it's not playing there! It's a Disney film... they have a ride based on it at Disneyland... and yet it's not playing at the theater there? Wah?!? Does anybody out there know if they have any plans on showing it there while it's still in theaters, or do I have to go elsewhere? I would love to check it out and then go on the ride for comparisons sake. Thanks!

Re: Nightmare b4 xmas 3D Downtown Disney?

They don't have the ability to play a 3D movie I'm assuming. It's at the Spectrum in Irvine, they have IMAX.

Comment

Inexcusable... they should accommodate my every single need, no matter how unreasonable. Oh well... thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by HotelNeptune View Post
        Heya...
        I was planning on going to the park this coming Sunday, and wanted to catch Nightmare Before Christmas 3D beforehand at the AMC theater in Downtown Disney. After looking online today, I was surprised to see that it's not playing there! It's a Disney film... they have a ride based on it at Disneyland... and yet it's not playing at the theater there? Wah?!? Does anybody out there know if they have any plans on showing it there while it's still in theaters, or do I have to go elsewhere? I would love to check it out and then go on the ride for comparisons sake. Thanks!
        El Capitan http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/el_capitan/
        Last edited by minnietoo; 10-19-2006, 06:21 PM. Reason: add web page
        sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

they should let us APers see it for free too!!

Comment

Originally posted by symbolic View Post
            they should let us APers see it for free too!!
            Yeah!!! They should also figure out a way of superimposing our faces over our favorite characters' faces, too! Come on... I'm American and I'm a card carrying DISNEYland member, for chrissakes... stroke my entitlement!

Comment

HILARIOUS! And yet sooo true!
              A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                They don't have the ability to play a 3D movie I'm assuming. It's at the Spectrum in Irvine, they have IMAX.
                The movie is *not* playing at Imax theaters. Though a theater where it's being shown may have the IMAX screen, it is not playing at any IMAX theater.

It is only being shown at Real-D theaters.
                -Tim

Comment

I wish it was playing down here .

Like your avatar Frum .

Comment

Well, it looks like it will be playing in Long Beach at the Edwards 26. Guess I'll run up there Saturday.
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
                      Well, it looks like it will be playing in Long Beach at the Edwards 26. Guess I'll run up there Saturday.
                      Isn't the 3D version exclusive to the El Capitan? The OP was asking about the 3D version if I am not mistaken.
                      sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

The 3-D version is playing at theatres equipped with Real D.
                        "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                        You set the bar I could not live up to
                        Tonight the light is breaking through
                        So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                        Zebrahead

Comment

Originally posted by Hector View Post
                          The 3-D version is playing at all theatres equipped with Real D.
                          Thanks for the correction - found this web site to help one locate a real D theater http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures...are/index.html
                          sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

For those unfamiliar with Real-D it is a system that connects to Digital Projectors, (remember all that talk about digital cinema a few years back?)
                            Basically it is software that enables a digital projector (like the one you may have at home but much bigger and much more expensive!) To display 3d images using one projector and polarized glasses. Here is a little blurb from the RealD FAQ

For those who may be familiar with Imax 3D it is a totally different system than Real D, Imax utilizes 70MM 15perf film! (each frame of film is HUGE) The IMAX 3D projector uses Rolling Loop technology to run two separate rolls of film simultaneously past twin projection lenses. To enable the 3D effect, the lenses are carefully aligned to project both left and right eye views onto the giant screen. The picture quality in a native Imax3d presentation is unmatched by any other system out there although RealD is very cool for what it is!

Thanks for letting me geek out!

Comment

It is in digital 3D and I am assuming that those theatres dont have that ability. I live in Vegas and the Galaxy Theatres at the Cannery have Digital!!!! So they are playing it there!!!! I will be taking the kids!!!

Comment

So then why is it playing at my Imax?

Nevermind, *sigh* teach me to trust my 15 year old cousin when he tells me something. He said it was playing at our Imax but I just went and looked at their website and it isn't. So you all were correct.

Edited again...now I am just going to sob and cry, they aren't even showing it in Sacramento. I will have to drive all the way to SF to see it! Argh!!
                                Last edited by lisaboo; 10-19-2006, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelNeptune View Post
                                  Inexcusable... they should accommodate my every single need, no matter how unreasonable. Oh well... thanks for the info!
                                  They could play the movie in the regular format, and have people dressed in character performing the exact same thing in the seat in front of you.

Mind you, this would be a logistical nightmare if more than one person was in the cinema.

Perhaps I haven't thought this through...

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
                                    The picture quality in a native Imax3d presentation is unmatched by any other system out there although RealD is very cool for what it is!

Actually, the IMAX 3D is considered to be one of the lesser 3D systems. Real-D is far superior.

The only thing IMAX 3D has going for it is the size of the picture. Real-D is a much more effective system, giving more room for head tilt, clearer, brighter pictures, and, like most polarized movies, are projected on a silver screen.

IMAX 3D has more in common with anaglyphic movies -- the difference is very subtle, but you are looking through two different colours, something that's much more likely to cause headaches in many people (although not as bad as anaglyph).

Dolby Digital recently created a system based on Real-D technology that lets the images be projected on a normal screen. When they start releasing that commercially, there's sure to be a lot more availability of good 3D at places other than the few Real-D equipped theaters, IMAX, and a few other systems out there.

I am not a fan of 2D to 3D conversion at all. I've seen some impressive examples, but they usually end up looking like they were a conversion. If you're going to have a 3D film, shoot in 3D. It may be a bit more complicated while shooting, but it'll be worth it in the end.

However, from what I saw of the NBC trailer, this looks like it will be a very good conversion -- nothing like the train wreck of Superman Returns. This wasn't a rush job, after all. Superman was an extreme rush job.
                                    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                                      Like your avatar Frum .

Thank ye muchly. It's the first time I've ever had a photo of myself for an avatar...

It's kinda creepy.

Are you going to stalk me now?

Uhm... back on topic... NBC RULES!
                                      -Tim

Comment

it is being shown in 168 theaters and they are all theaters that have digital projectors....
                                        Last edited by Sam; 10-20-2006, 07:54 AM.
                                        The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X