This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receipes From The Park

Greetings. I know you can go to City Hall in Disneyland and get most of the receipes from inside the park. But, does anyone here know if there is a place for CA Adventure? They have a killer corn chowder over there that I really would like to mkae at home. Thanks.
    If I can't be a good roll model at least let me be a bad example.

Re: Receipes From The Park

Just got the receipe for the Corn Chowder they serve at Storyteller's, I'm sure it's the same. Have had it at both places and love it!

4 ears fresh corn, unshucked
    2 slices bacon, diced
    1 tablespoon diced onion
    1 teaspoon chopped garlic
    1 Yukon Gold potato, peeled and diced
    4 cups chicken stock
    6 tablespoons butter
    6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 cups heavy cream
    1 cup pulled chicken meat
    2 slices bacon, for garnish
    Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    Hot sauce, to taste
    2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, for garnish

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. To roast corn, put whole ears in their husks into preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool briefly, then peel back the husks and cut the kernels off the cobs, set aside.

3. Saute diced bacon. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat and add onion and garlic and saute until transparent but not brown. Add the roasted corn, potato, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.

4. Meanwhile, in a separate saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, incorporating with a wire whip until the mixture is smooth. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until mixture begins to loosen slightly. Let cool.

5. Add the cooled butter/flour mixture to the simmering broth, incorporating with a whisk. Stir often to keep from sticking to the bottom of pan. Simmer 30 to 40 minutes.

7. Meanwhile, cook the bacon for garnish until crisp. Drain and chop into small pieces; set aside.

8. Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce, to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with garnish of bacon and cilantro.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by wolfy; 10-20-2006, 02:19 PM.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

:bow:

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Wolfy that sounds just yummy (even more so since I had the Campbells Chunky Chicken Corn Chowder last night - this would have been SO much better!). Just checking though - only ONE potato?
        I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
        then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Copied the receipe direct from the Disney Chef Mickey Cookbook....yep it says 1 potato.
          Last edited by Dustysage; 10-21-2006, 08:02 AM.

- Wolfette

Comment

Hey Wolfy, where did you get that book and is that the exact title. I did a search on Amazon and they had one called Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs. Thanks.
            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Actually I bought it at the Park as a gift for someone, but copied just the one receipe, so not sure of the exact name. The book includes receipes from WDW, DL and the Disney Cruise Line....great book, plan on buying it for myself one of these days.

- Wolfette

Comment

Great, thanks.
                Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

^^ Yes it seems that this recipe would be GREAT at home. Last time I ate it at Storytellers, they served it with uncooked bacon, which was revolting.

/storytellers rant off
                  I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                  sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

I've been trying to get the recipe for the Mickey waffles they serve at the hotels. I've checked all the Disney recipe books and I've tried contacting the chef at Goofy's Kitchen, once while I was there but he was too busy, and several times by e-mail through the restaurants' manager (she gave me her card) but she never answered. I gave up a couple of years ago.
                    Does anyone have any advice?

Comment

If any one would be so kind...could u get the recipe for dole whip floats since the next time i will be able to go to disneyland will be in late november thanx

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

You know I have seen two of these very cookbooks in the shop on Main Street that sells the coffe and hot chocolate. Can't righly remember the name of the place now even though we go in there every time we go to the park. You know the store I'm talking about? Has all the cooking stuff in it. I'll propably remember about five minutes after turning off the computer for the night.

Comment

That's the one.....can't remember the name either!

- Wolfette

Comment

Market House? For some reason that's all I can come up with.

Comment

If anyone has and can post the recipes for the pasta sauces at the Plaza Inn - especially the Chicken Pesto Alfredo sauce, I would very much appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                                Just got the receipe for the Corn Chowder they serve at Storyteller's, I'm sure it's the same. Have had it at both places and love it!

Enjoy!
                                Wolfy,

Thanks for taking the time to post this, I'll have to try it!

[email protected]

Andy
                                -
                                What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Dole Whip Float recipe would be magical.

Comment

Wouldn't you need special equipment to make the whip?

Comment

If you go to City Hall they have some recipes in a binder that you can look through and take what you want. They don't have all the recipes, but they do have some.

Comment

Here are some recipes I've gotten from other threads here on Micechat I coped and pasted them into a word document and I just coped and pasted them back to here. I know I found a recipe for a non-dairy dole whip once upon a time but it wasn't as good as the real thing to me. I can't find it right now. will look for more recipes if you want. I also have the pavlova recipe from the cruise and more.

Walt Disney's own chili and beans
                                        2 lbs dry pink pinto beans
                                        2 onions, sliced
                                        1/2 cup vegetable oil
                                        2 cloves garlic, diced
                                        1 cup chopped celery
                                        2 lbs coarsely ground lean beef
                                        1 tsp chili powder
                                        1 tsp paprika
                                        1 tsp dried thyme leaves
                                        1 can (28 oz) solid-pack tomatoes
                                        Salt to taste
                                        Wash and sort beans and soak overnight in cold water. Next morning, drain, add water to cover 2inches over beans. Add sliced onions and simmer, covered, until tender, about 2 hours.
                                        Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepot and lightly brown garlic, celery and beef, stirring. Add chili powder, paprika, and thyme. Break up tomatoes with a spoon and mix with meat mixture. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. When beans are tender combine with meat, stirring gently. Taste and add salt as needed. Simmer 30 mins longer.

Jungle Julep
                                        Tahitian Terrace, Disneyland

½ cup sugar
                                        5 cups cold water
                                        ½ cups pineapple juice
                                        3 tablespoons lemon juice
                                        2 tablespoons each: grape juice concentrate and sweetened orange powdered drink mix
                                        1 ½ tablespoons grenadine

In a large pitcher, mix the sugar with the water until it is completely dissolved. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Chill. May be served over ice. Makes 1 ½ quarts.

Mint Julep syrup

1 C sugar
                                        3 C soda water
                                        2 tsp lime juice concentrate
                                        1 can (6oz) frozen lemonade concentrate, defrosted
                                        6 TBSP green crème de menthe or crème de menthe topping

Combine sugar and soda water in a saucepan and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lime and lemonade concentrate. Bring to a full boil. Remove from heat and add crème de menthe or CDM topping. Chill.

To serve, combine 3 parts syrup with 5 parts chilled water and ice.

New Orleans SquareClam Chowder
                                        Chef Ricky Hidalgo
                                        Ingredients 6 oz. Margarine4 Cups Chicken Stock1 Cup Diced Onion1 Cup Diced Celery1/4 tsp. Salt (or to taste)1 Pinch White Pepper6 oz. Flour1 Cup Diced Fresh Red Bell Pepper1 Cup Diced Fresh Green Bell Pepper1/2 Tsp. Thyme1/4 Tsp. Tabasco Sauce3 Cups Whipping Cream1/2 Cup Clam Juice1 1/2 Cups Chopped Clams Preparation 1. Melt the Margarine in pan, add the flour to make the roux. Cook for 10 min., set aside.2. In a soup pot, sauté' the vegetables until cooked, for about 5 minutes. 3. Add to the vegetables the chicken stock and clam juice, bring to a boil.4. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.5. Add the spices, whipping cream, chopped clams and roux. Mix well.6. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.

New Orleans SquareMarinara Sauce
                                        Ingredients
                                        1- 1.5 C. Diced Tomatoes
                                        4 C. Tomato Sauce
                                        3/4 C. Onion, Finely Chopped
                                        2 T. Garlic, Finely Chopped
                                        2 T. Olive Oil
                                        Pinch of each: oregano, thyme, basil, sugar
                                        salt and pepper to taste.
                                        Preparation
                                        Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until lightly brown. Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often. Add remaining ingredients and continue simmering for 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Chocolate Pudding Cookies

2 1/4 C. Flour
                                        1 tsp. Baking Soda
                                        1 C. Butter or Shortning
                                        1/4 C. Sugar
                                        3/4 C. Brown Sugar
                                        1 tsp. Vanilla
                                        1 4 serving size package instant vanilla or chocolate pudding (I use chocolate)
                                        2 eggs
                                        chocolate chips (white for chocolate pudding, semi-sweet for vanilla)
                                        1 C. chopped nuts (if desired, I omit these)

Mix flour and baking soda- set aside. Combine butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding mix. Beat until smooth. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture, chips and nuts. Batter will be stiff. Drop batter (sometimes I use a little melon scoop) about two inches on an ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes (do NOT overbake! Cookies will cool and be super soft and chewy if the cookies are smooth and slightly underdone when you pull them out of the oven)

Forgot to add: saw this salad the other day, and it was DELISH!

Mesclun mix ("greens")
                                        Mint leaves mixed in with the greens (great idea!)
                                        Dried cranberries
                                        Pine Nuts
                                        Crumbly cheese (I think it was chevre, but could have been Feta)
                                        Balsamic vinagrette

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X