• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Druggas
    Hooterville, USA
    • Feb 2005

We want Roy!

Ok, you know that we always wonder if our voice is heard. What say we start a letter writing campaign, to have Roy read the dedication on the 17th. First of all, is anyone as excited about that possibility as me? I've already sent an e-mail to Roy expressing my desire for him to create some real Disney magic. Am I dreaming, or can we make this happen? I will do 99% of the work, if you tell me what to do. As creative as this board is I know we can pull this off. Let me know what you think.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.
  • DLRDCA_Jerry
    • Apr 2005

I believe Roy is not going on the 17th of July to keep from making waves and to express his concern over the choice of Iger as CEO after Eisner is booted. Roy does touch on the fact that he would like to be there at this link:

On the upside though that letter to the Save Disney public is much more positive than many he has written when it comes to the disneyland staff. Too bad he can't be there. I imagine he will be there either soon before or soon after though but not in an official capacity.

Comment

• Disney Vault
      • Apr 2005

Someone at MousePlanet said Roy wont be there because this is the last year he plans on sailing during an event that goes on at that time. But I still really hope he changes his mind and reads walt's opening day speech.
      Last edited by Disney Vault; 05-08-2005, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• robotpirates
        Rainicorn.
        • Apr 2005

I hope so, too. What's a 50th anniversary without any DISNEYs?
        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
          Official Mice Chat person
          • Apr 2005

Wow, that would be amazing if he could read the dedication! As of now who is planned to do it?

Comment

• Alex3231
            Disney Freak
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
            Wow, that would be amazing if he could read the dedication! As of now who is planned to do it?
            Probably Evil Eisner
            Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
            My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
            My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

Comment

• Cousin Orville
              Boss Angeles, CA
              • Jan 2005

Diane Is The One

BIG DEAL. If you really want Disney, get the girl who was there with her father, Diane Disney. Walt's daughter rode home in the car those opening days and has great stories. I love Roy, but the real connection is Diane. I want her to read her Dad's dedication. She'd have the whol eplace crying..Up with women!!!
              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

• Alex3231
                Disney Freak
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                BIG DEAL. If you really want Disney, get the girl who was there with her father, Diane Disney. Walt's daughter rode home in the car those opening days and has great stories. I love Roy, but the real connection is Diane. I want her to read her Dad's dedication. She'd have the whol eplace crying..Up with women!!!
                Duh! Why wasn't it Diane from the start? Doesn't she bair the name Disney, Diane Disney Miller is her name. Her husband worked at the company after Walt had died. Walt said he was a good guy, and wanted him to take over. Wouldn't you think that Diane and her Husband would go and read the dedication? Why Eisner?
                Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
                My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
                My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

Comment

• Druggas
                  Hooterville, USA
                  • Feb 2005

Any Disney will do. I don't know how to reach her though. Any ideas?
                  sigpic

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
                    We all need a Jiminy.
                    • Apr 2005

Any Disney? My first vote would be for Roy. Second would be for Diane. But there is another... What about Walt's namesake, Walter Elias Disney Miller, Walt's grandson? I know nothing about him, but he is younger and had the name. My concern is that once Roy and Diane pass away, there will not be a Disney family member to look after Walt's legacy.

Comment

• BigThunder
                      U. B. Bold
                      • Apr 2005

Diane is more of a possibility than Roy as she has stayed "above the fray" in all of the recent controversy. Just goes to show how much Roy has sacrificed for his love of the Disney company.
                      Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

• cellarhound
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Druggas
                        Any Disney will do. I don't know how to reach her though. Any ideas?
                        How about Abby, Roy's daughter? I have the utmost respect for her... I don't know if she is willing to do it... But my respect would not dwindle if she decided not to...
                        Check out my other blog:

Comment

• Disneyphile
                          • Jan 2005

If I find out it's going to be Eisner, I'm so "decorating" some barf bags to hand out to the crowd.
                          [email protected]

Comment

• Druggas
                            Hooterville, USA
                            • Feb 2005

Well, then it's going to have to be a Disney, or else it just isn't the same. Walt's gone, but I would relish a Disney doing the dedication. I'll e-mail again today, and everyday until I get a response one way or another.
                            sigpic

Comment

• cellarhound
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                              If I find out it's going to be Eisner, I'm so "decorating" some barf bags to hand out to the crowd.
                              It might be Iger... Eisner would be making a farewell speach, after all I believe he is retiring right around then?!?!?!
                              Check out my other blog:

Comment

• Neon Cactus
                                New Run Disney addict
                                • Jan 2005

I would like to see Diane do it, even if Roy was available. She was, after all, part of the inspiration for Disneyland in the first place. I don't know if she will, but that would be great. If it's not a Disney, I'd guess Iger, with Julie Andrews as a possibility.

Comment

• jmuboy
                                  JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
                                  • Feb 2005

Well, just read that Roy and Stanley are sueing the WDC over their selection process in finding a new CEO. So, don't look for Roy on 7/17. Read more about this in the buisness news section on CNN.com
                                  WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X