This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your First Disneyland Visit

I was a little 8 yr old kid, and I remember the date clearly. August 16, 1977.

I only remember because we arrived in DL to see the headlines announcing Elvis had died.

My poor Mom was a huge Elvis fan and she had to deal with kids who wanted to play when she wanted to cry

Comment

I didn't go to DL till I was 21 in March 2001.
      WDW first trips was in Aug 1988 when I was 8.
      And DL Paris in Nov 2004 at 25.

And these were some of the best trips ever!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Whoa a double post, first time it has ever happened to me
        Last edited by Disney Magic; 10-21-2006, 07:42 AM. Reason: double post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

I went for the first time in 1990 for the 35th Anniversary! I got to see the Party Gras Parade and the old Tomorrowland and all kinds of stuff that's not there anymore

...but I was only 1 year and 10 months haha so I don't really remember...BUT we have a video of it! :0)
          *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

1966 when I was 6 years old. Only really remember the Pack Mules. Loved them! Miss them!
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I was around 3 and newly potty trained. My grandma "kidnapped" me for the day and took me as a reward! She had me call my mom after we got there and my mom was like "What????? You're where?"
              A signature should go here.

Comment

My first visit to Disneyland I was at an NFFC convention. The trip inside the park was on July 17th and we were on a foot rally... with questions like where can you find this number discreetly displayed in the park "9265478"... the only ride I got to go on was BTMM... but we came in 2nd place.

Should I have known I would become an addict after that?
                sigpic

Comment

Growing up in the midwest, I never got to either DL or WDW. Then moved to AZ and immediately went to college for 5 years so couldn't afford a trip. Wasn't till I was 25 and out of college that I finally made it to DL, been making up for lost time ever since!
                  sigpic

Comment

I can't remember exactly how old I was on my first few trips, but we used to go to Hughes Aircraft night, back when the park closed at 6 p.m. in the off season. The parents would always make me, my brother and my sister take a nap in the afternoon so that we could stay awake until midnight. The naps were of limited success due to the fact that the three of us were always too excited to sleep!

But, because we always went at night, I had a surreal perception of what Disneyland was really like because I never saw it during the day. So, when we went on Pirates, or Haunted Mansion or any of the other dark rides, I never had a good sense of whether we were in a building or not.

Good magic.

Comment

I used to live in the condos across the street from Disneyland Hotel (back in the 80s when there was only one hotel). We used to visit the park all the time and I'm not sure when my first visit was but I found a picture of my mom and I in Disneyland and I'm about 1 year old so I'm going to say newborn-1!

Here's the picture!

We're in front of the Rivers of America.... and yes that is my Aunt's thumb blocking the bottom left of the shot!

My best score ever!

Comment

Comment

MandaBella, hopefully you can take your mom someday.

Comment

Originally posted by nemopoppins View Post
                            MandaBella, hopefully you can take your mom someday.

My mother took herself 2 years before I went for the first time...in October...during the Food and Wine Festival!! I was not happy mouseketeer that week. However, I was an adult at the time and in the middle of my senior year of earning my bachelor's degree.... HOW COULD SHE LEAVE ME BEHIND?!?! oh the pain...the PAIN!!! My mom defends her actions by stating she's been a Disney fan a lot longer than I have, therefore she deserved to go...which I can't really argue with. She's even been to DLP, which I haven't gotten to yet. She hasn't done DLR or DCL. I offered to take her to DLR, but she doesn't seem interested. I may take her on my next DCL trip.

I did take her on my first trip as a DVC member in 2001.

Did I mention my grandmother also went to WDW without me? I can so feel the love...
                            Amanda
                            Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

1989-
                              My mom was working the opening of Splash when she found out she was expecting. Then when she was too big to fit into anything (Back then the biggest was a size 16) she was sent to the Tiki Room because it was the only costume she could fit in. When I was born she took me to see her friends when I was 3 weeks.

Comment

I have a distinct memory of being in a stroller on Main St. I believe it was 1959??

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X