X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott Reeder
    • Jul 2006

Disneyland Kennel Club

I haven't seen a thread about the kennels - my Wife and I were always reluctant to bring our pooches to the park, but I gave it a go today on my weekly commute back to the desert from LA. The lady that was running things was awesome and put any apprehensions to rest - they run a very tight ship. I was only in the park for a coupla hours - time for breakfast, Space Mountain, BTMRR, The Mark Twain... a perfect morning.

Inside:

There's an "exercise" area that's kept very clean:

She sure was happy to get out, though!
  • Groomer
    And, THEN she said...
    • May 2005

Re: Disneyland Kennel Club

thats good to know that the kennel is so clean and well run did you have to provide proof of vaccinations at check in?

My Blue Heeler goes everywhere with us so this is good to know if I ever get back home for a visit thank you!

Comment

• Scott Reeder
      • Jul 2006

Yeah, I believe it was proof of rabies and distemper vaccinations that they requested (my Wife keeps immaculate records for all our animals). I asked if they'd keep the records on file, but they won't - that'd be a lot of unnecessary filing and stuff. Understandable. I'm gonna keep extra copies in my car just in case I space...

Comment

• clara
        Sshhh, being very quiet
        • Jan 2006

Ok this is the FIRST I've ever heard of a kennel! Can you please tell me where this kennel is? Do they take your dog for a day while you are at the park or is there a time maximum or minimum? How much does it cost?

Ta Da!

Comment

• clara
          Sshhh, being very quiet
          • Jan 2006

IF someone could PM me more info on these kennels. This is all the Disney website offers:

Kennels

Indoor kennel facilities for the Disneyland® Resort are located to the right of the Main Entrance of Disneyland® Park. The kennel is available for a charge of $15.00. Sorry, there are no facilities for overnight accommodations.

The
          Disneyland® Kennel Club and County of Orange requires a rabies and distemper vaccination certificate from your vet in order to board dogs over 4 months of age.

Do you have to be staying in one of the hotels to use the kennels?

Ta Da!

Comment

• Scott Reeder
            • Jul 2006

It's just off to the right of the main entrance to Disneyland. I think they operate only during park hours - there's no over-nighters - not very convenient if you're staying at on of the hotels... It was 15 bucks for the day, and of course you need to visit during the day to walk 'em and take care of business.

(edit) oops - you're a lot faster than my typing - no, you don't need to be a hotel guest - I had her in a crate and rode the tram in from the Mickey & Friends parking lot.

Comment

• clara
              Sshhh, being very quiet
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Scott Reeder View Post
              It's just off to the right of the main entrance to Disneyland. I think they operate only during park hours - there's no over-nighters - not very convenient if you're staying at on of the hotels... It was 15 bucks for the day, and of course you need to visit during the day to walk 'em and take care of business.

(edit) oops - you're a lot faster than my typing - no, you don't need to be a hotel guest - I had her in a crate and rode the tram in from the Mickey & Friends parking lot.

This is GREAT news. My sister would LOVE to bring her dog! I wonder why I had NEVER heard of this and I've been an AP holder for almost 3 years!

Ta Da!

Comment

• Scott Reeder
                • Jul 2006

Well, I'm glad I posted this - cheers!
                I just got my 1st ever AP three weeks ago - my 4th trip will be Monday - already, my friend's think I'm crazy!

Comment

• Groomer
                  And, THEN she said...
                  • May 2005

Yeah, I believe it was proof of rabies and distemper vaccinations that they requested (my Wife keeps immaculate records for all our animals). I asked if they'd keep the records on file, but they won't - that'd be a lot of unnecessary filing and stuff. Understandable. I'm gonna keep extra copies in my car just in case I space...
                  good! that makes me even more confident of the integrity of the kennel operators..every good kennel and groomer always requests vaccination records.

and if you ever need it I do believe the motel 6 chain is dog friendly

and by the way, welcome to MiceChat! and your furbaby is just adorable!
                  Last edited by Groomer; 10-20-2006, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Opus1guy
                    • Sep 2005

There used to be fake red fire hydrant in the exercise area, that I always thought was kind of a fun little touch. Did you happen to notice if it was still there? It didn't show in your picture.

Comment

• Scott Reeder
                      • Jul 2006

Thanks!

(edit) Red fire hydrant? Check!
                      Last edited by Scott Reeder; 10-21-2006, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Malcon10t
                        Minion
                        • Jun 2005

I would be happier if they required bordatello vaccines too, but we can't have it all. The kennel is to the right of the turnstiles. The kennel staff will not touch the animals, but they will feed per your instructions. They feed Purina, although if you bring your own, they will feed that for you. Water and food are provided in paper bowls, which usually get torn up in the crate quite quickly.

Hilton, Sheraton, and Residence Inn are all pet friendly. Sheraton even brings sweet sleeper dog beds.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• clara
                          Sshhh, being very quiet
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                          I would be happier if they required bordatello vaccines too, but we can't have it all. The kennel is to the right of the turnstiles. The kennel staff will not touch the animals, but they will feed per your instructions. They feed Purina, although if you bring your own, they will feed that for you. Water and food are provided in paper bowls, which usually get torn up in the crate quite quickly.

Hilton, Sheraton, and Residence Inn are all pet friendly. Sheraton even brings sweet sleeper dog beds.
                          Thanks so much for all this info. I really appreciate it.

Ta Da!

Comment

• Opus1guy
                            • Sep 2005

Red fire hydrant? Check!
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by Malcon10t
                            Sheraton even brings sweet sleeper dog beds.
                            Many of Sheraton's sister Starwood brands do the same. W Hotels, Four Points, Westin. The Westin chain also provides a pet version of their famous "Heavenly Bed" for our four legged friends. They even sell them:

Enjoy the Westin Heavenly Bed at home for a restful sleep every night. Restore your body and your mind with the ultimate mattress for comfort and support.

Comment

• clara
                              Sshhh, being very quiet
                              • Jan 2006

You know what I just had to say YEAH for hotels that are pet friendly. Do we know if any of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels pet friendly?

Ta Da!

Comment

• Malcon10t
                                Minion
                                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                                You know what I just had to say YEAH for hotels that are pet friendly. Do we know if any of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels pet friendly?
                                No, none of the resort hotels accept pets. If you ride ART, you must have the dog crated. If you are going from the parking structure to the park, it seems to depend on who you get at the tram. I have heard some say they took their dog without a crate from the parking structure, on the tram to the park. I have heard others, and personally seen CM refuse uncrated animals. Disney resorts written policy, according to guest services, is no animals in DTD, however, I have heard of and seen dogs on leads in DTD. If you go with the attitude "Accept the worst, hope for the best", it should be ok.

Here is a list I made a few months ago of who accepts pets:
                                Anaheim Marriot, Anaheim Hilton, Residence Inn Maingate, Residence Inn Garden Grove, Towneplace Suites Anaheim, Embassy Suites, Anabella Hotel, Sheraton Hotel, Sheraton Park Hotel, Clarion Inn, Quality Inn Maingate, La Quinta Inn and Suites, Anaheim Travelodge, Anaheim Plaza Hotel, Marriot Suites, Red Roof Inn Maingate, Econolodge, and Extended Stay America all accept pets.
                                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• MickeyDogMom
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jun 2005

I reccomend bringing toys and some 'homey' things to put in the kennel, they are small and kind of depressing looking, these are kennels not runs, obviously don't leave anything that they can tear apart or injure themselves on.

I've left my pups a couple of times, when bringing them into the park would be too much trouble (too hot or too busy) and it's kind of scary, I'm very overprotective.

With my 3rd puppy who was very young, I cleaned the kennel out briefly with lysol wipes and put in his toys, instructing the kennel people to not touch him. The toilet isn't great but it's suitable and cleaned frequently. Just from a disease standpoint don't let your dog check out other dogs *ahem* leftovers. ;-) And as always be cautious of other dogs.
                                  The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

Comment

• brigeet
                                    • Apr 2005

Two trips ago, I saw a family walk their smallish (15 lb) dog on a leash from Mickey and Friends onto the tram, and to the front gates, not in a crate. they had no problems as far as I could tell. I asked them about the kennel b/c I have a wonderful little doggie and was curious. they were quite happy with the accomodations and they said that at the end of the day the dog gets a certificate that states that he/she stayed at the dl kennel.

Comment

• TigerLily98
                                      Disney Family, San Diego
                                      • Jul 2006

Thanks for all of this info! I've wondered about the kennel there. Very helpful.

To those travelling from a far distance with their dogs, I would be aware of canine illnesses common to Southern California.

For instance, several months ago the dog flu made its way here. I hope the kennel has the presence of mind to reject a dog that is showing symptoms, as it is very easily passed on to other dogs.

http://wendymacblogs.blogspot.com

Comment

• Walt Jr.
                                        It's all about Theme!
                                        • Aug 2006

I visited and it is pretty reasonable. You do have to come take your pet out during the day though! There is a cute red fire hydrant in the play area and when you're on the railroad you can occasionally hear dogs barking.
                                        Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                                        "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                                        -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                                        -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X