This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland All To Yourself....

Congratulations! You just won a grand prize in the Year of A million wishes. You and your family get to have Disneyland all to yourself for two hours.

What would you do?

Personally, I'd try and use it as a way to wrangle a visit to Walt's apartment.

Then I'd head for the main street station and catch a ride on Lilly Belle over to Frontierland. I'd have her wait at the station while we visited HM (the best attraction in the park to do by yourself...), PoTC, Splash and Indy. Then we'd get back on for a ride past toontown and over to tomorrowland.
    Last edited by Moonliner; 10-23-2006, 06:57 AM.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Re: Disneyland All To Yourself....

I would finally get to take flash photography on any ride I wanted to! I never do because it might ruin it for someone else.
    Foolish Mortal
    sigpic

Comment

I'd go on Space Mountain and ask them to turn off the music and all the lights so I could just ride in the pitch dark with no noise and no screaming.

Comment

I would have them pull an autopia car off the track and let me use it to drive from attraction to attraction on the little car. I have always thought that would be fun. I would also like private viewings of Fantasmic and Remember...
        Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

These are good ideas. Anything that a person could not do normally would be fun. As a side note: when I chaperoned grad night this year, I had the experience of riding Splash Mountain TOTALLY alone at 4:00 am. I walked through the entire que without seeing a soul, boarded my log alone withouth anyone in front or behind me, and exited the ride by myself. It was funny seeing the pictures at the end... all these empty logs and then... me. It was a eeire experience.

Comment

Weasel myself into Club 33!!!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

I've always wanted to walk around the Indiana Jones ride, just walk around the inside of the ride and look at the tiny details. Same with Haunted Mansion and Pirates.
              "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Space Mountain with the lights on!!!

And I'd probably want an Autopia car to drive myself around the park

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Be able to walk through the park unobstructed and get on whatever ride I want. Oh and throw in a few characters to meet without waiting in line.

Comment

All good .. Mine would be to take one of the autopia cars and drive my way to club 33 then race back to Walts apartment and take a picture from outside and one with me in the window. CLASSIC!!
                    We rock the party that rocks the party!
                    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

If it's only two hours, I would use that time to just walk inside the rides and see all the backstage stuff. Take lots of pics with the AAs.

Comment

Ride Haunted Mansion many times, do the same on Pirates. Then I'd kick back and ride all the rides I usually overlook and take my time looking at Disneyland from a different perspective.

EDIT:

Oh, for two hours? Then I'd take time to calmly mosey on throughout Disneyland just to take in all the scenery and environments. The atmosphere is something that can not be enjoyed as much when the park is crowded.

Comment

I run around and go photo crazy!

Comment

I'd sit out front and sell Early Entry admissions to my suddenly and rapidly expanding family.

Comment

Originally posted by musiken View Post
                              These are good ideas. Anything that a person could not do normally would be fun. As a side note: when I chaperoned grad night this year, I had the experience of riding Splash Mountain TOTALLY alone at 4:00 am. I walked through the entire que without seeing a soul, boarded my log alone withouth anyone in front or behind me, and exited the ride by myself. It was funny seeing the pictures at the end... all these empty logs and then... me. It was a eeire experience.
                              I would have bought one of those shots of an empty log and told everyone that the riders had fallen out on one of the plunges.

Comment

I'd run to innovations have have it all to myself for two hours!

Oh... Wait. Never mind.
                                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
                                  I would have bought one of those shots of an empty log and told everyone that the riders had fallen out on one of the plunges.
                                  :lmao: OK, I like this idea!

I would ask for a walkie-talkie and ride some of my favorite rides (Indy, Splash, BTMRR, Space, POTC) and use the walkie-talkie to talk to the ride controller so I could stop whenever I wanted and take photos, study things from up close, etc. It'd be cool to be able to stop on the bridge in Indy and just look around, then start up again when you were ready!

I'd also go on some rides (Indy and POTC) over and over, just an endless loop without even slowing down in the loading area.

Oh, and definitely I'd have Walt's firetruck or one of the other Main Street vehicles, to ferry me from place to place.
                                  "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer )

Comment

2 hours isn't enough, but I think I would mostly walk around and get pictures of the really minor details of things in the park that you just can't get because of "traffic", I would also make sure to ride my favorite rides and get lots of pics while on them.

Comment

I would challenge Mickey Mouse to a footrace. If I won I would just keep saying "in your face" to him until it was time to leave.

If I lost I would just sit there and cry.
                                      sigpic
                                      Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

I'd rent an ECV and ride from churro cart to churro cart until . . .

Oh, wait, that's a different thread.

So, I would run immediately to Space Mountain, demand that they bring back the Dick Dale soundtrack and play it for me until I got tired of riding. After my third ride ( ), I'd cut back across the hub and ride Indy, then Pirates, then Indy, then Pirates, then Indy, then -- well, you get the picture. I'd get on the Mark Twain and take a nap. I would be tempted to climb up the Tarzan tree but why ruin a perfect record of never having gone up it in three decades of visiting Dinneyland? Last, I'd get on BTMRR (doing the goat trick each time, natch) and ride until I finally spot the skunks everyone keeps talking about. Where are those again?

At this point it would be 10 or 11 in the morning, so I'd go back to Rivers of America and stake out my place for the 10:30pm Fantasmic! )

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X