Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

    I don't know the game too well but I know from most people that it's a good one.

    So... keep talking about how to make the show work, just leave the hypothetical replacing of Fantasmic! out. There's room for more than one amazing show at the disney parks.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

      I dont even know what kingdom hearts is besides a game, I really dont think kingdom hearts is something a ton of people can relate with besides extreme gamers, which I am not among many others. The point of fantasmic is to touch our hearts with that disney magic and imagination, with your classic charactes, change that, and you've ruined what fantasmic always stood for, and why it was made.






      ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

        Well, personally, I don't want to ever see F! leave. It reduces me to tears every time I see it. One day, who knows how far down the road, it most likely will be replaced. At current draw, however, not anytime soon

        I do, however, think that the Kingdom Hearts idea is the best I've ever heard for a show idea. It has the scope and scale that is required. The story is strong enough. It has the characters. It has credible threats. Excellent moral and themes.

        To be honest, I don't think it's the story of F! that people identify with. It's the themes, the emotions and drives behind it that people identify with. The story is just a way of presenting those things in an entertaining way. Good triumphing over evil and what can appear to be overwhelming odds. Love and beauty being stronger than evil and hatred. The power of imagination to conjure up and bring to life our most amazing dreams. Those aren't the story, those are the ideas, and Kingdom Hearts has very similar themes in it as well.

        As far as infrastructure, F!'s infrastructure isn't ireversible, and much of it could be used for any show involving KH. French Screens, fireworks, etc. could all be used. No need for animatronics, could use actors with trapdoors and flashpots for fight scenes. There are a lot of things they could do for this one. Has so many of the Disney characters helping Sora battle the Disney Villains in order to rescue Mickey, who proceeds to kick some butt himself. Has the story of finding your family and love for family. Friendship and loyalty no matter what. I'd have to go through the whole story and look at both TSI and PPL (et al on the waterways of the parks) in order to figure out a way to pull it off.

        Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

          I adore Kingdom Hearts and I say no way.

          The key to the success of Fantasmic and any other parade or show in a theme park is simplicity. The premise and plot have to be easily explained in just a few seconds to a large and noisy crowd, or nobody will care about what's going on.

          Kingdom Hearts, being a Square/Enix production, has an incredibly deep and rich story, as does it's sequel. It's got that Japanese complexity to it, bridging emotional themes and deep fantasy concepts. There's the 'heartless' and who they represent, what happens to people who become heartless, how the worlds interact, what the keyblade does and why it's important for Sora to have it, why Goofy and Donald are teamed with Sora in his quest...everything I just mentioned is vital to understanding even the basics of the Kingdom Hearts tale. That's not even scratching the surface of KHII, with Organization XIII, the various splinter factions, the truth behind the villain of the first story, Mickey's involvement, the Nobodies, etc.

          There is absolutely no way to do the story even the tiniest bit of justice in a 20 minute show. Fantasmic is very, very simple: Mickey is dreaming and using his imagination, and several villains team up to take over his dream and steal his imagination. He fights back, wins, and everyone cheers a lot.

          Then, of course, there's the issue where most kids under the age of 10 probably haven't even heard of Kingdom Hearts, same with most adults over 30.

          Kingdom Hearts as the float in a parade? Sure. Even a Kingdom Hearts attraction? Absolutely. But as a show, or even worse a show replacing the still wildly-popular Fantasmic? Ugh, not a chance.
          Mr. Dark
          Writer, Disney geek, madman.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

            Terrible idea! Fantasmic! in one of the best shows at the park! I dont think many people would be happy with that no matter what they put in place of it.

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

              Originally posted by Mr. Dark View Post
              I adore Kingdom Hearts and I say no way.

              The key to the success of Fantasmic and any other parade or show in a theme park is simplicity. The premise and plot have to be easily explained in just a few seconds to a large and noisy crowd, or nobody will care about what's going on.

              Kingdom Hearts, being a Square/Enix production, has an incredibly deep and rich story, as does it's sequel. It's got that Japanese complexity to it, bridging emotional themes and deep fantasy concepts. There's the 'heartless' and who they represent, what happens to people who become heartless, how the worlds interact, what the keyblade does and why it's important for Sora to have it, why Goofy and Donald are teamed with Sora in his quest...everything I just mentioned is vital to understanding even the basics of the Kingdom Hearts tale. That's not even scratching the surface of KHII, with Organization XIII, the various splinter factions, the truth behind the villain of the first story, Mickey's involvement, the Nobodies, etc.

              There is absolutely no way to do the story even the tiniest bit of justice in a 20 minute show. Fantasmic is very, very simple: Mickey is dreaming and using his imagination, and several villains team up to take over his dream and steal his imagination. He fights back, wins, and everyone cheers a lot.

              Then, of course, there's the issue where most kids under the age of 10 probably haven't even heard of Kingdom Hearts, same with most adults over 30.

              Kingdom Hearts as the float in a parade? Sure. Even a Kingdom Hearts attraction? Absolutely. But as a show, or even worse a show replacing the still wildly-popular Fantasmic? Ugh, not a chance.

              Thank you, said it perfectly, took the words out of my mouth.. besides the whole I adore kingdom hearts and stuff, since I have no clue what it is






              ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
              ~

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                here is just a thought: if this really happend, I know a good finale:

                Sora and Kairi are shown on a raft while fireworks fire into the air and special effects projectors show Destiny Islands being reformed agian. In the background, you can hear a small snippet form the finale of "Fantasmic!" with the chorus singing.


                AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                  Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                  here is just a thought: if this really happend, I know a good finale:

                  Sora and Kairi are shown on a raft while fireworks fire into the air and special effects projectors show Destiny Islands being reformed agian. In the background, you can hear a small snippet form the finale of "Fantasmic!" with the chorus singing.
                  Using a raft? How about a water show at DCA, near Paradise Pier? A KH show might actually get me to go to that park more often.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                    Originally posted by Long Live Remember View Post
                    Using a raft? How about a water show at DCA, near Paradise Pier? A KH show might actually get me to go to that park more often.

                    Hehe... Kingdomhearts Luminaria. That may actually work!


                    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                      I actually never thought about it going to DCA.

                      It would people a good excuse to stay at DCA after dark. But the reason I chose Disneyland is because they have the pirate ship for the Peter Pan sequence, and Tom Sawyer Island for Destiny Islands. In other words, Rivers of America has everything we need!


                      AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                        Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
                        How about NO!

                        I say update fantasmic, add/change some scenes, but don't mess with it's premise!

                        I AGREE!!!!
                        sigpic
                        "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                          I'm sorry to disappoint, but I just printed and sealed up a letter to WDI about this idea. I haven't mailed it yet...


                          AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                            Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                            I actually never thought about it going to DCA.

                            It would people a good excuse to stay at DCA after dark. But the reason I chose Disneyland is because they have the pirate ship for the Peter Pan sequence, and Tom Sawyer Island for Destiny Islands. In other words, Rivers of America has everything we need!
                            Yes, but I just wouldn't want to lose a show as well received as F! over this experiment. I wouldn't be surprised if F! becomes a classic like the Main Street Electrical Parade. DCA desperately needs a boost anyway, and the whole park itself was an experiment, so why not?

                            They could redo the water area a bit, perhaps even build an island in the middle that people can visit during the day. Forget the Peter Pan sequence, I say if you're going to have a ship, put parts of KH2 in there and have it be the Black Pearl!

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                              Originally posted by Long Live Remember View Post
                              Yes, but I just wouldn't want to lose a show as well received as F! over this experiment. I wouldn't be surprised if F! becomes a classic like the Main Street Electrical Parade. DCA desperately needs a boost anyway, and the whole park itself was an experiment, so why not?

                              They could redo the water area a bit, perhaps even build an island in the middle that people can visit during the day. Forget the Peter Pan sequence, I say if you're going to have a ship, put parts of KH2 in there and have it be the Black Pearl!
                              Hey, that's actually not a bad idea! There could be like a small northern California island built in the middle and it could be the parks TSI. Then, at night, it's transformed for the show!


                              AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                                Oh, and have a track for The Black Pearl ship during that sequence.


                                AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                                  Kingdom hearts show is a still a big NO in my eyes, no matter where it goes, it isn't know by enough people to make it an actual show. Sorry.






                                  ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                  ~

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                                    I wholehearted ly disagree with OP
                                    No offense, i think it would work in another park or as a show soemwhere else, but you really cant get rid of Fantasmic!
                                    I think they should just refurbish Fantasmic.
                                    But not with a KH theme.
                                    This has potential but not in placce of Fantasmic!

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

                                      i'm still standing by my idea.

                                      Does anybody have any ideas for this kind of show/


                                      AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Kingdom Hearts Replacing Fantasmic

                                        To expand on TheRockr's idea, here is a poll to officially find out your thoughts on his idea of Kingdom hearts, replacing Fantasmic. Please Explain your reasons, and you can vote for more then one option.


                                        here is the link to the original thread explaining his and others ideas: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42316






                                        ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                        ~

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Kingdom Hearts Replacing Fantasmic

                                          Well, since I have NO clue what the heck Kingdom Hearts is, I'm going to have to say....NO.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X