Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kingdom Hearts Replacing Fantasmic

NO. But make it at DCA for the heck of it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

This would actually probably be really good! But I love Fantasmic so much. I say make it a new show at DCA.
      (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
      (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Could we just merge the threads, and put the poll in the new one?

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
          Well, since I have NO clue what the heck Kingdom Hearts is, I'm going to have to say....NO.
          Same here.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Re: Kingdom Hearts taking place of Fantasmic!?

Sorry, but I don't think its a good idea at all. Yes, it has Disney characters and such...but c'mon... A show ripped from a anime video game??? Why not keep Kingdom Hearts and keep Fantasmic! or create something new and ORIGINAL to replace it. Why do people like Fantasmic!? Because it features known characters in an original story. The same reason people like Kindom Hearts. But the crossover would just be confusing and would totally alienate a major disney demographic.
            Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

I still think FantasDON was a good idea...

Comment

The comic-book fan in me loves a good cross-over, and Kingdom Hearts seems like something I would get into. However, not owning a PS2, I've never really had much of a go at the thing.

That said, I like the general concept and I enjoy the idea of multiple characters mixing it up.

Alternatively, I'd love to see a House of Mouse-style show!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                  i'm still standing by my idea.

Does anybody have any ideas for this kind of show/
                  I get the impression that the OPer does not dislike F! at all, and in fact really likes it, but is doing some good, old fashion armchair imagineering and just tossing out a random idea for a show. I don't think the point of this is to "replace F!" at all. It's more of a for-fun,-what-idea-did-I-come-up-with thread. Some like the idea of KH some don't... so if you were tasked with coming up with a new show for the venue, what would you put in there? (no plussing of F! allowed... new show ideas).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Actually, I think that you could incorporate many of the ideas from Kingdom Hearts into Fantasmic as it already is instead of replacing it with a whole new show. Sora, Donald, Goofy, and King Mickey could duke it out with Maleficent at the end and the sealing of the keyhole could somehow figure into the finale of the show. Also, a Kingdom Hearts segment could either augment or replace one of the other segments in the show.
                    Woof!

Comment

As much as I like KH, I don't think that's a good idea. Fantasmic is one of the best shows in the park, and you have to consider the people who have never seen it, or have only seen it a few times before taking it out completely. KH would be very difficult to pull off as a stage show without it looking a bit cheesy. Besides, not that many people are familiar with KH characters. It just wouldn't work out.

Comment

na, i'll have to pass on that one.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                        MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

I do think it would be cool, however Fantasmic! is very special and I don't think they should do anything to it...
                          *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Nope, keep Kingdom Hearts out of the parks. Just like the comic books and various darker Disney properties like Gargoyles, while I don't think it's BAD I think it's not appropriate for all ages.

It's far-too-serious attitudes and all the occasions you see Disney characters whuppin' on characters that are real people (yes, the storyline comes up with an excuse that says they aren't real people, and they were given 80s hair to look more fantasy-like, but come on) is not what I'd want for a 5 year old.

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                            Better yet, let DisneySeas work on that. Squaresoft is a Japanese company, to begin with.
                            Disney owns Kingdom Hearts, Square just makes the games for them and puts in their own charactesr as unimportant cameos. Disney could take the license elsewhere, because they own the main characters, and Square's cameo characters would just disappear.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I just printed and sealed up a letter to WDI about this idea. I haven't mailed it yet...
                            Then you'll know for sure it won't happen, since WDI doesn't listen to "outside solicitations." Almost no company does, since if it happens 6 years later or something someone could come back and say "Hey, I wrote the letter with that idea! Pay me for it!"
                            Last edited by MickeyMania; 10-24-2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

It's a good idea for a show, (Disney has tried worse things) but not a good replacement for Fantasmic. Maybe put it in another area. The paradise pier lagoon perhaps? Or make it a parade of some sorts?
                              "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                                Disney owns Kingdom Hearts, Square just makes the games for them and puts in their own charactesr as unimportant cameos. Disney could take the license elsewhere, because they own the main characters, and Square's cameo characters would just disappear.
                                Square's own characters are not unimportant to the story, and often times aren't merely cameos but main characters. Sora is a Square character, and happens to be the main character of the entire series.

edit- Well to be fair, Square created Sora but he and others in the game might be classified as Disney characters now.
                                Last edited by scorsese; 10-24-2006, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I personally think that Kingdom Hearts is interesting. However, I don't think
                                  the topic has the sufficient recognizability among the general public
                                  at large to have anything close to the F!. Everything in F! is drawn (pun intended)
                                  from existing and mostly well known (in some cases, very well known) Disney
                                  work. KoH is well known among some video game players, but it released
                                  mainly on PS2 and never reached the popularity of break-out hits like "Tomb raider" or "Mario".

Sora definitely is the main character and it would be deathnell (at least
                                  as a KoH show) to not to include him.

Comment

This is just my idea: What if Fantasmic! was reinvented, and transformed into a Kingdom Hearts epic special effects spectacular?
                                    I'd absolutly love it, not that I don't love Fantasmic! but a Kingdom Hearts show would be spectacular!

Comment

You know what though... a Kingdomhearts show or something may get those non Disney fans to come out and check it out... only to fall in love with the place. That's always a good thing right?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                        I have a better idea, let the Disney studios in floriday have that show. I love me my Fantasmic CA version.
                                        THANK YOU!
                                        My mind won't rest
                                        and I don't sleep
                                        Not even in my dreams...
                                        -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                                        written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                                        1985-2005

Comment

Originally posted by scorsese View Post
                                          Square's own characters are not unimportant to the story, and often times aren't merely cameos but main characters. Sora is a Square character, and happens to be the main character of the entire series.

edit- Well to be fair, Square created Sora but he and others in the game might be classified as Disney characters now.
                                          Sora and his two friends are owned by Disney. I'm talking about crossover characters from other video games.

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                          You know what though... a Kingdomhearts show or something may get those non Disney fans to come out and check it out... only to fall in love with the place. That's always a good thing right?
                                          Depends. Have seen the "fans" that flock to that game? I've gone looking for information and found, uh, hand-drawn works that look fit for a NAMBLA promotional. Don't know who those people are, but if they're Disney fans then they're giving responsible Disney fans like this board a bad name.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X