Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip Report-Oct.22-A Day of Dreams / A Nightmare in Hollywood (con Mucho Photo)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report-Oct.22-A Day of Dreams / A Nightmare in Hollywood (con Mucho Photo)

What a big day! Started off at Disneyland and ended up at the El Capitan to see A Nightmare Before Christmas: in 3-D no less!

Arrived at D-Land around 10:30 and the line of cars going into the Harbor Blvd. entrance was much longer than normal. No pics of line of cars so sorry if I disappoint. It's early after all.

Getting onto Main St. there were noticeable crowds and boy was it hot!

(Plaid is kind of hot too)

Mickey and the band looking cool as ever:

These webbed feet were made for walkin'. (And that's just what they'll do):

Mice Chat Meet!
    Crazy Legs, JudiMouse, Michelle's Mom, and Michelle too!

Out of Town super special guest Nephythys snacks up as David looks on...

JustJohn, dsnylndmom, and SimplySabrina:

Grumpy4, one of the young'uns, Nephy & David:

The group split up to different places after about an hour. Nephy, Michelle, and her mom went to Splash. I went with Dave, Crazy Legs, and JudiMouse to Rancho del Zocalo (super yummy). The rest went to Golden Horseshoe AND WERE NEVER SEEN AGAIN! No, they're fine.

After the excellent meal, it was time to get Haunted. No this is NOT the end:

Merely playing Follow the Leader(s)

Jack is hanging around, even though we have a date later that night:

No! Not that kind of date!

CL & JM present "This Old Hearse"

I was able to experience Haunted Mansion - Wheelchair Style (!) thanks to being in CL's posse for the day. Riding all the way thru to the entrance and the "shrinking room" were cool but the real treat was being able to spend some time with CL and the others. It was loads of fun but I had to cut it short due to a previous engagement. And I had to use the Space Mountain FP I got when I first got there (didn't mention that did I?).

I ran into SusieP and company on the way out of Space Mtn. She was being dragged by hopeful Padawans to the Jedi Academy and I did not have a chance to take a pic. I need to get better at that.

So I gave Mickey a wink...

...fed the dog...

(OK not really)

...and bade farewell to Million Dream Land...

Stay tuned because you don't want to miss what comes next...

(No, I do not get a seasonal job at El Cap. Although that might be kinda groovy..)
    Last edited by PEZZ Lightyear; 10-23-2006, 06:44 PM.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
    :monkey: :monkey:

Trip Report - Oct. 22 - A Day or Dreams / A Nightmare in Hollywood (con Mucho Photo)

Great to meet you! Love the photos, can't wait for the rest, my boys are dying to see TNBC in 3D! Oh and that's me in the picture with JustJohn and Sabrina

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Re: Trip Report-Oct.22-A Day or Dreams / A Nightmare in Hollywood (con Mucho Photo)

Great report thus far - thank you!

Comment

Re: Trip Report-Oct.22-A Day or Dreams / A Nightmare in Hollywood (con Mucho Photo)

Thanks for sharing the pictures; they are great!

Comment

Thank you post the meeting
          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
          Older photo
          New Photo

Member of
          MiceChat WDW Trip
          Next trip
          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Great photos! Looked like fun!
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Notice that the movie playing in Main Street Cinema just happens to be, "Traffic Trouble". What a coincidence!

Comment

Ain't even done with the night...

OK where were we? Oh yes!

Jack is back and on the attack in a black mack.. *hack*

Display window next to theater.

And another view:

Surf's up!

My daughter, PEZette, waits for the rest of our party..

Ah, there he is!

Watch the hands, buddy!

In the lower depths of the theater, there lurk monstrous aberrations. And restrooms. The original "puppets" from the movie are on display until Oct. 31 (I think). The signs tell about how the puppets were made and that they are VERY fragile and temperature controlled blah blah blah. Bottom line: NO FLASH PICTURES. The lights inside were provided mainly by outdoor Christmas lights. I tried to take a few pics and "enhance" them using the Kodak Easyshare(c) software that came with my camera. Professional - I ain't.

Jack Skellington (and skeleton):

Sally Stitches:

Mayor:

Mrs C:

Reindeer and the good Doctor:

This is an original set-piece and it is big. Probably 5' tall:

Inside the theater, there are very sweet decorations. Look up to your left to see the fountain:

And to your right to see Jack in scarecrow mode:

And look behind you to see... Hey! You're in my seat!

PEZette sporting the latest in 3-D accessories.

And now for the film:

It was great. If you like the movie, you will LOVE this version. It is totally the same film - only 3-D'er. The picture quality is excellent: clear, not dark (you know what I mean), and the 3-D works like a charm! I don't know how they did it, but it is amazing! The sound has been re-done so if you like Danny Elfman, Oingo Boingo, Wagner, Saint-Saens, or Dead Can Dance (seemed appropriate), you will love it.

If you already love the movie: wear disposable undergarments.

PEZette and I were both highly impressed and may have to go again very soon. The film is also playing at several locations throughout the US (and Canada?) and I can't say enough good things about it.

And just like that - the day is done. Some great conversations, awesome Park Meet, a few pictures, and even a couple of mementos:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
                How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Re: Trip Report-Oct.22-A Day of Dreams / A Nightmare in Hollywood (con Mucho Photo)

Oh my goodnessssssss, I am so very very VERY jealous. NBC3D isn't even playing in my town and you get to see it at the El Cap. Thanks so much for posting these pics. They were fab!

Comment

Re: Trip Report-Oct.22-A Day of Dreams / A Nightmare in Hollywood (con Mucho Photo)

Nice pictures, thank you for posting these. Glad you enjoyed the new enhancements to Nightmare.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Thanks Pezz for the cool pics.. Its me--Michelle's mom--Michelle and I really enjoyed our first Micechat meet and greet. A note for crazy legs--Michelle did try to call you on your cel but the reception was terrible! So I'm sorry we did not hook up with you and Judimouse again! Hope everyone had a good time despite the crowds. Michelle and I can't wait to see Nightmare in 3-D!

Comment

Ah, the return of Jack's hill and moon to the El Cap!
                        The perfect day, thanks for capturing it in photos. So sweet, your daughter is adorable!
                        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Great report and pics!!! Sounds like you had a great time!

Comment

Nice and Simple. Good job!

Comment

Great photos. I saw NBC 3D on Saturday in Salt Lake. Nothing as cool as seeing it at El Capitan, but I loved the movie. It is visually amazing. I would go and see it again but my wife was bored through the whole thing so I don't think that will be an option.
                              Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X