This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treacherous streets and Money Grubbing with Sadako on 10/17

Sorry I haven't made a report in a while. I've been so busy this past week, especially with the interview and all ( You haven't heard my interview? Shame on you! - Sadako gets Interviewed! ).

Anyway, 10/17 was busy busy busy at the park. So let's start out with a treacherous trek through the streets of Anaheim...

I JUST GOT CUT OFF BY AN IMAGINEER!!!

I always wondered what happened to Magenta after all those years...

As we made our way into the parking structure, for some reason the previous guest had paid with gold dollars... so we decided to buy a few from the attendant. Why you ask?

I bid two gold coins on the redhead!!!

With more friends in tow than one could shake a stick at, this merry band of little estrogen bubbles gravitated towards Space Mountain. I didn't realize it would be so shaky.

SADAKO: "Don't worry you guys, I found my contact!"
    AERINPEGADRACK: "I bet Jessica Simpson can't look this good in 0 G's."
    JUNGLECRUISEGAL: "I wonder what icicles in space taste like."

Then it was off for a jeep ride in search of Mara's gold... although due to a major backup we ended up just hanging with Dr. Jones... for a good few minutes... take a look - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjBniRFdP1E

And as we came out, we saw rare wildlife, seemingly walking on hind legs and floating along the river in finely constructed wooden crafts... strange... Keep away from the ones with the microphones though. I hear they're poisonous!

Alas, this short day came to an end and we made our way through Downtown Disney, where another form of pirates tried to steal our loot in the droves. Take a look as we wander through the dangerous Vault 28!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAaKtEdPe7k - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4jePQzF_Pc - Part 2

But magic abounded in other parts of this land... the glowing castle becons this princess...

And by the end of the night it seemed the magic had run out in some areas of the land as this mysterious contraption wasn't working.

Thank the Shed our wonderful group had been blessed with alternate means of parking.

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Treacherous streets and Money Grubbing with Sadako on 10/17

Just one question - do people ever get mad at you for doing weird things in the space mountain pictures? Or say that you've ruined the picture? (Had that happen to us once, just curious).

Also, I heard the interview and commented on it! (So, no shame here!)
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

:yea: Yet another AMAZING report from the beloved Sadako! Thanks for always keeping us entertained and updated on all the happenings around the resort. I loved the videos and had to agree that almost $200 for a pair of jeans is a bit crazy, even for Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen
        Just one question - do people ever get mad at you for doing weird things in the space mountain pictures? Or say that you've ruined the picture? (Had that happen to us once, just curious).
        I don't care about the pose but I get mad as hell at whoever keeps taking flash pictures at the end of the ride in that tunnel every single time I go on it

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
          But magic abounded in other parts of this land... the glowing castle becons this princess...

Where was this taken and what exactly is it? Is it a promo for the Delilah after Dark contest (I entered it and am hoping/wishing/praying I win a trip)? It is very pretty and I like how it is all lit up and sparkly!
          Last edited by LlamaLover; 10-24-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Awesome report as always, Sadako!

Comment

awesome pics, look at your roomate what a wierdo !
              Originally posted by LlamaLover
              Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post

Also, I heard the interview and commented on it! (So, no shame here!)
                Noone's ever said anything to me. People generally seem amused actually. I once had some very confused japanese tourists though when CaptPhoebus, MonorailMan and I did the C.O.W. initials on Tower of Terror.

Originally posted by LlamaLover View Post
                Where was this taken and what exactly is it? Is it a promo for the Delilah after Dark contest (I entered it and am hoping/wishing/praying I win a trip)? It is very pretty and I like how it is all lit up and sparkly!

It's right in front of the monorail station for Downtown Disney right now. I think it's because they're going to give away a Honda CRV2 as part of the YOAMD promotions at some point in the near future.
                Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
                  It's right in front of the monorail station for Downtown Disney right now. I think it's because they're going to give away a Honda CRV2 as part of the YOAMD promotions at some point in the near future.
                  I think it is part of the Delilah After Dark contest because it shows YOAMD and the Honday CRV2 as part of the promotion along with a trip on the site. I don't ever listen to her show but if she sends me to Disneyland I might have to start!

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Cruise Gal View Post
                    awesome pics, look at your roomate what a wierdo !
                    I know -- she always has her tongue out, doesn't she?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                      I know -- she always has her tongue out, doesn't she?!?
                      The evidence is stacking up to verify Frogberto's tease claim about you JCG!

Comment

Cool pics, last one is the best...:blush:
                        -Jack :geek:
                        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

I haven't listened to the interview so shame on me. But only two gold coins for the redhead. Shame on you.

Love the pics. It hasn't been the same without your daily updates. I also love your Space Mountain pics. If I was on your rocket I would just laugh.
                          Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X