This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morrigoon
    I can imagine the angry English dudes who would bang on the door THAT night...

(This is an inside joke)
    Heheheh, and one that I get. One which points to the danger of in-room parties at the Disneyland hotel(s): Guests who complain about the noise. I imagine they would have a legit beef for lots of noise at 2am, but I plan on taking no nonsense - from Brits or anyone else - about parties in my suite till just about that hour of the wee ones in honor of Disneyland's 50th Birthday on a bloody weekend!

As for camping out all night and lining up - I can surely testify as to how fun that is (cough*7-week-StarWars-line*cough), but I'd hate to pay for no sleep the night before with flagging energy on the actual birthday. I think I'm gonna opt for the usual 3 hours of sleep we get in our hotel suite vs. the zero hours of sleep I'd get out near the esplanade. (And how insane would I have to be to pay for Disneyland Hotel suite only to sleep on the ground near the tram stop?)

But I'll surely stop by a little after midnight to see what's happening. Pffht, someone on this board is trying to arrange a 2nd MiceChat DrinkUp meet for that Saturday night, so maybe all of us attending will stagger by at around 1ish to say Hi.

Comment

• I will probably be one of those people staggering back to DLH through the esplanade to say HI those in line, only to be back sometime between 6-8am.
      Cliff
      WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

Comment

• Do people line up on the 17th every year?

I know this is the original date but do people line up every year on July 17th? or is it just for the 50th?
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• Re: Lining up over night for July 17th

The only other time I recall people arriving very early was on the 45th because they were giving out hats etc.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X