Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 billion dollars later after all of Merlin Jones' fantastical deas...
    he could have bought himself a time machine and gone back 20 years ago :lol:

Comment

Walt would scoff at your post! We can't live in the past. Walt wanted Disneyland to always grow and change.

Also you miss the point of my post. I was saying upgrade, not change. Take an older ride and give it a new flavor.

Comment

About the Matterhorn: caves help with the fact that one side of the line closes during parades, but the problem would be getting the line back to the station to load because it would have to come out of the mountain without going through the track or going back in to the walkway which would defeat the functional purpose of building the cave. Also the two story ski lodge would probably ruin the forced perspective of the mountain. The Matterhorn's queue has been fine for the last 46 years, there's really no need to change it.

Would the Country Bears fit size wise into Splash Mountain? They would fit theme wise. And not all of the Country Bears mind you, just a few of the favorites like Henry, Wendell, and Big Al.
        Last edited by matterhornmaniac; 05-09-2005, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Ahem... the next generation of the Matterhorn is without a doubt, Expedition: Everest.

And if they put in the snowman from Monsters Inc. on the Matterhorn, then he had better offer you a yellow "lemon" snowcone. LOL

Imagine, the first time you see him... "Hey, want a Snowcone?!"

Second time, "it's not what you think, it's lemon! Hey, wait!"

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
            Ahem... the next generation of the Matterhorn is without a doubt, Expedition: Everest.

And if they put in the snowman from Monsters Inc. on the Matterhorn, then he had better offer you a yellow "lemon" snowcone. LOL

Imagine, the first time you see him... "Hey, want a Snowcone?!"

Second time, "it's not what you think, it's lemon! Hey, wait!"

LOL
            Oh man! :lol: Just seasonally, that could be a bad joke in the summer! I like Expedition: Everest but somehow I doubt we will get it so I think we deserve some basic upgrades for grips sake!

Comment

I don't think a two story Ski Lodge would be wise

imagine what it'd do to the forced perspective :\

it's best to keep the Matterhorn as designed

the que isn't that bad I've never really waited more then 30min for it even when the que was quite long
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Hmm... how about a 3 story ski lodge then with the 2nd and 3rd story having smaller windows and such? The building would only be about 2 stories... and the lodge would contain the line and the line might go upstairs and such.

Comment

>>10 billion dollars later after all of Merlin Jones' fantastical deas...
                  he could have bought himself a time machine and gone back 20 years ago<<

Hey that would be a great Tomorrowland ride - - and a new one at that!

Too bad we've had so many "downgrades."

...But we have never seen a good Winnie-the-Pooh ride to date, or Uncle Remus narration, so that is in keeping with your "upgrade" guidelines - - not retro suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
                    I don't think a two story Ski Lodge would be wise

imagine what it'd do to the forced perspective :\

it's best to keep the Matterhorn as designed

the que isn't that bad I've never really waited more then 30min for it even when the que was quite long
                    Thats why I noted the direction of the POTC where they buried the queue slightly, dig down 20 feet in front of the Matterhorn, so you march down before you go up and your building is only slightly higher than the exsisting outdoor building now housing the line.

I might add the line is set up poorly by the obvious lack of a fast pass. Only E-ticket without one that I am aware of.

Comment

>>Walt would scoff at your post! We can't live in the past. Walt wanted Disneyland to always grow and change. <<

Walt wouldn't have tolerated an executive corporate culture that made upgrades into cheap downgrades - - so it would have been a non-issue!

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                        Thats why I noted the direction of the POTC where they buried the queue slightly, dig down 20 feet in front of the Matterhorn, so you march down before you go up and your building is only slightly higher than the exsisting outdoor building now housing the line.

I might add the line is set up poorly by the obvious lack of a fast pass. Only E-ticket without one that I am aware of.
                        Mansion and Pirates don't have it anymore

keep fast pass away from the matterhorn it doesn't need it

they'd also probably do a lazy/sucky thing like they did with WDW's space and just make one side fastpass only and the other side for regular riders

I'm glad that fastpass never touched the Matterhorn

Indy does alright I suppose Big Thunder Mountain doesn't seem to make wise use of it

if I remeber correctly you can just jump the chain after you get into that part of the line or whatever (I'd have to go again and double check)

Space Mountain will probably be a good deal though

Comment

For indy when they first started the fast pass, we would just walk down the exit and then hop the ropes and they didn't even know the difference. We don't really do that anymore because the lines half the fun but you really can do that on most rides.

Comment

I'm glad that fastpass never touched the Matterhorn

if I remeber correctly you can just jump the chain after you get into that part of the line or whatever (I'd have to go again and double check)
                            Yes because chains screams great theming! Big thumbs up to WDI. The queue building could be renovated to provide the same length of waiting, with story theming, without over baring itself on the scale of the ride and it would be a far superior experiance to chains and metal fences that we have now...

Comment

they'd also probably do a lazy/sucky thing like they did with WDW's space and just make one side fastpass only and the other side for regular riders
                              Umm, we don't do that here... sure, the line is split up, but you still get to choose your side...

Comment

Regarding POTC, Jim Hill had an article back in January about a re-theming at night version.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1263

Basically, right where you would hit the cannon scene, you would go behind the pirate ship and go on a completely new track, where the rotting and cursed skeletons would try to attack you in your boat. It's Jim Hill and I know a lot fo people don't really trust what he says, but this idea seems to have some merit in it. If you've been on Revenge of the Mummy at either of the Universal theme parks in CA or FL, then you would know that the skeletons would terrify the daylight out of you.

I don't think that Matterhorn is that long of a wait...and I have no idea how someone could get on Indy on Grad Nite waiting only 10 minutes. Last year I went, the wait was about 120 minutes at least :confused: But anyhow, Matterhorn certainly does need a better queue, and digging would in theory be a good idea...but anytime soon would be a bad time to do it. There's just not enough room.

Comment

Put a Loop on the Monorail......NOW we are talking....
                                  -----------------------------------------------
                                  DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                                    Umm, we don't do that here... sure, the line is split up, but you still get to choose your side...
                                    ok well then I was missinformed

from what I'd heard before that's what they did

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict
                                      Basically, right where you would hit the cannon scene, you would go behind the pirate ship and go on a completely new track, where the rotting and cursed skeletons would try to attack you in your boat. It's Jim Hill and I know a lot fo people don't really trust what he says, but this idea seems to have some merit in it. If you've been on Revenge of the Mummy at either of the Universal theme parks in CA or FL, then you would know that the skeletons would terrify the daylight out of you.
                                      Yes. That would scare the living crap out of me... except would Disney really take it that far? I don't know if they would, especially with such a beloved ride as PotC. I think a lot of people would riot...

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict
                                      I don't think that Matterhorn is that long of a wait...and I have no idea how someone could get on Indy on Grad Nite waiting only 10 minutes. Last year I went, the wait was about 120 minutes at least :confused: But anyhow, Matterhorn certainly does need a better queue, and digging would in theory be a good idea...but anytime soon would be a bad time to do it. There's just not enough room.
                                      Man, Pineapple, last year's grad nite (June 4th, 2004) was one of the best times I ever had at DL. We seriously waited 10-15 min for Indy and the rest of the queues were just as quick, except for Matterhorn & Splash (we didn't go on Splash). I know people from the years past say that the crowding/business is just unbearable... but I guess our HS lucked out!

About the size of the area.. I think they could do it during a major refurb to make the Subs, etc into a transitionary land. Like I said, that area of the park is just a mess. Sigh. I agree with the ski lodge idea and tunnel queue, too. I think those could be implemented without any major re-does to the area if they wanted. The size of the main queue (the roofed area) could have a building there like the Jungle Cruise. Wishful thinking, though.
                                      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                                        Yes because chains screams great theming! Big thumbs up to WDI. The queue building could be renovated to provide the same length of waiting, with story theming, without over baring itself on the scale of the ride and it would be a far superior experiance to chains and metal fences that we have now...
                                        actualy I was talking about the big thunder mountain fastpass merging but I suppose I didn't paragraph well o_o

I don't mind the chain que of the Matterhorn and I like seeing the mountain while I wait in line

it's an early ride I don't expect a Indy esque que for it

Comment

Bring back the Talking Tiki Bird outside the Tiki room.
                                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X