X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterGracey
    Dateline Disneylander
    • Jan 2005

PHOTO UPDATE 10/22: Tomorrowland, Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE

This photo update is a bit late, but there isn't much new going on in the pictures... so I didn't rush to get them up. Just some new Ears, a couple shots of the Sub Lagoon, and behind the Monsters Inc refurb wall...

Here we go

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND
    The Harbor marquee is out from it's covers. Darkbeer posted photos of this a while back already, but here's a shot from the car:

The location for the Steamboat Willie collage is still behind it's curtain. For the most part, the area looks finished, I wonder what the hold-up is?

TOMORROWLAND WORK PROGRESSES

New stairs/ramps for the Monorail platform are coming along:

...And new lighting has been installed on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage:

INSIDE THE SUB LAGOON

MONSTERS INC REFURB WALL

Took a peek over the construction wall to find big door props. I'm going to guess this area is gonig to become an eventual photo op area, but boy is it taking long for this photo op to come along?!

MONKEY BRIDE!
    A new monkey bride has been added to the Haunted Mansion's attic, to the left of where the bride usually stands. Here's a short video clip of the new monkey

NEW MERCH AND COLLECTIBLES
    New light-up Year of a Million Dreams ears, part of the Disney's DREAMS Collection. They're really nice looking, actually, even if they are totally obnoxious. Hopefully people will take advantage of that on/off switch and turn the dang things off inside of attractions.

New Jack Skellington Sculpture is coming out soon:

As well as a new Nightmare watch:

And Olzewski's Pirates of the Caribbean sculpture is coming soon as well!

....Alright... that's it for now.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-24-2006, 07:39 PM. Reason: Added photo of light-up ears.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!
  • disneyballerina
    Sparkle Plenty
    MiceChat News Team
    • Jul 2006

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/22: Tomorrowland, Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE

Thanks for that! Excellent update. The monkey bride cracks me up!!!

Comment

• disneyballerina
      Sparkle Plenty
      MiceChat News Team
      • Jul 2006

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/22: Tomorrowland, Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE

PS you made my day with that monkey bride video. Sometimes it's a little thing that can turn your day around!

Um, yeah -- oops, I thought my PS was going to be en edit to the previous post. Sorry.
      Last edited by disneyballerina; 10-24-2006, 01:03 PM. Reason: Oops

Comment

• nemofinder22
        A Beautiful Tomorrow!
        • Jul 2005

Amazing lagoon shots once again! and the Monsters photo op, Thanks again
        "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Comment

• 2DieFR
          MiceChatter
          • Jun 2005

Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE
          Amazing Alliteration, Andy!

Those two places under refurb walls - Main Street and Monsters Inc - have been giving me question marks too. I suppose all we can do in the meantime is take pics of it.

I totally dig the lighting on the TT stage. Every time I pass by it I like it more and more, and that's saying something since every time I passed Club Buzz I despised it more and more.

My first reaction to light-up ears is, I just know someone will have them on in the ballroom...

And as for the monkey bride - leave it to Disney to hide something as peculiar as that.

Comment

• Doofy
            • Aug 2006

Great photos. Thanks for the update.
            Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

• MasterGracey
              Dateline Disneylander
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by disneyballerina View Post
              PS you made my day with that monkey bride video. Sometimes it's a little thing that can turn your day around!

Um, yeah -- oops, I thought my PS was going to be en edit to the previous post. Sorry.
              Glad I could help

Comment

• RobotMirror
                Neep meep beep
                • Apr 2006

I saw a lot of people with the light up sparkly star ears on Sunday, and I loved them! I think it's clever, and too bad they're not giving THOSE out for the YOMD!

Comment

• hollywood1939
                  isn't an elitist
                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                  • Sep 2006

Awesome update! How did you get those inside the Submarine Voyage shots?
                  -Jack :geek:
                  Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

• sorceress1986
                    Disney worshipper/geek
                    • Mar 2005

I wish I oculd go to the signing!

My great-uncle was an artist, and his name happened to be David Pacheco. This guy had to add in his middle initial for a while because f my uncle! I would love to be able to meet him and tell him that. Sometimes, it was confusing...
                    My mind won't rest
                    and I don't sleep
                    Not even in my dreams...
                    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                    1985-2005

Comment

• MasterGracey
                      Dateline Disneylander
                      • Jan 2005

...Realized I forgot to include the photo of the light up ears. They're there now

Comment

• Alchimedes
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2005

Saw alot of the new ears too. Surprised me to see they light up. So much for the element of immersion on the rides.
                        Had to look hard for that monkey, good eye Gracey.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• dlfreak
                          Disneyland Freak
                          • Jan 2005

The ears are not much more distracting in dark rides like Haunted Mansion than the spinny Buzz and princess things that they've been selling for the past few years or the glow neckalces that they've been selling for decades.
                          Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                          www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                          If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                          Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

• 2DieFR
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by dlfreak View Post
                            The ears are not much more distracting in dark rides like Haunted Mansion than the spinny Buzz and princess things that they've been selling for the past few years or the glow neckalces that they've been selling for decades.
                            True, but it's only fanning the flames.

...Then again, I suppose it won't be long until everyone will be sporting light-up shirts, so maybe this isn't such a big deal after all.

Comment

• dlfreak
                              Disneyland Freak
                              • Jan 2005

Oh I remember that, those are so cool! lol!
                              Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                              www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                              If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                              Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

• Evil Minion
                                wasting time
                                • Jan 2005

The monkey bride is not new. It's been there for quite a while.

In fact, I think it was there last year and the year before.

Comment

• clara
                                  Sshhh, being very quiet
                                  • Jan 2006

I love the Monkey Bride Doll. It's cool how the red heart is pulsing.

Ta Da!

Comment

• peoplemover1
                                    I Love Disneyland!!
                                    • Feb 2006

Great update MG!

I love the monkey < :wave: bride too!! (hahaha)...
                                    Now I have something new to look at every time I go on it!

(I must go now to the "oddball things" thread and post.... hahaha)
                                    I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X