Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ears ( not the freebies)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Ears ( not the freebies)

    We were at the parks this past weekend and I got a pair of the new Ears (not the YOAMD cloud ones)...I don't have them here with me so I will post a pic as soon as I get back home...(maybe someone already has)

    They are very cool, dark blue w/ silver ears that have lights on them. You flip the battery switch on the back to turn on/off and the ears "sparkle" The front has a patch w/ Mickey and the castle and it says something about dreams...

    One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.

    These were so new that the Mad Hatter CM had to call to ask if it was ok to embroider these (maybe he thought there were wires that might get stiched??) and another CM stopped me on Main Street to ask me where I got the cool ears. Also, I only saw a few others wearing them.

    Anyhoo, I will post a pic when I get back home w/ a full trip report.
    Be Nice or Leave

  • #2
    Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

    They sound great! Especially the chin strap! I don't see why they don't put them on all ears, and if you don't like it, you can cut if off!!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

      cool...

      I don't like the elastic strap on the adult ears. The NBC ears I bought have that. I'm cuting it off before I wear them...LOL...I tried the strap, but it felt odd...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

        Originally posted by PrincessLeia View Post
        One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.
        Yeah, I constantly wonder just how big they think the average human adult head is!

        Even with my boofy hair it is an ill-fit.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

          do you know that they have sold OUT of the pumpkin ears RESORT WIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?


          Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
          Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

          "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

          Charles M. Schulz
          Originally Posted by MWalton
          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

            Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            cool...

            I don't like the elastic strap on the adult ears. The NBC ears I bought have that. I'm cuting it off before I wear them...LOL...I tried the strap, but it felt odd...
            I agree that the strap is a little wacky...but I use it on the rides and then flip it to the back while I stroll around. Beats fiddling w/ clips! (I have a somewhat giant noggin)
            Be Nice or Leave

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

              I posted a photo of the new ears in my 10/22 PHOTO UPDATE thread.


              Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                Originally posted by tassie View Post
                do you know that they have sold OUT of the pumpkin ears RESORT WIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?










                I predict another HOT eBay item!

                And so many folks here weren't too impressed with them. I thought they looked cute.

                Enjoy!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                  I didn't see a picture of the ears.
                  sigpic
                  Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                    Ohhh.. I haven't seen these! Lights on the ears? That sounds pretty cool!




                    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                    Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                      Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                      I didn't see a picture of the ears.
                      You're right... I forgot to add the picture in the update. :shy: Sorry about that.

                      I added the photo to my thread, and here as well:

                      Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                        I love the light up factor, but not too keen on the logo - Mickey looks a little weird.
                        sigpic
                        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                          my daughter loves the leopard ears behind them...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                            Originally posted by tassie View Post
                            do you know that they have sold OUT of the pumpkin ears RESORT WIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
                            Ah. so that's why we couldn't find any of them last night. It's too bad, my friend's boyfriend really wanted a pair.

                            Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                            "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                              Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                              I love the light up factor, but not too keen on the logo - Mickey looks a little weird.
                              I agree. But the lights!! Way cool! I'd like to see them in action!




                              Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                              Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                                Originally posted by PrincessLeia View Post
                                We were at the parks this past weekend and I got a pair of the new Ears (not the YOAMD cloud ones)...I don't have them here with me so I will post a pic as soon as I get back home...(maybe someone already has)

                                They are very cool, dark blue w/ silver ears that have lights on them. You flip the battery switch on the back to turn on/off and the ears "sparkle" The front has a patch w/ Mickey and the castle and it says something about dreams...

                                One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.

                                These were so new that the Mad Hatter CM had to call to ask if it was ok to embroider these (maybe he thought there were wires that might get stiched??) and another CM stopped me on Main Street to ask me where I got the cool ears. Also, I only saw a few others wearing them.

                                Anyhoo, I will post a pic when I get back home w/ a full trip report.
                                Disney actually has listened. What we have been told, is that the intent is wherever possible- all new ears will be embroiderable, and will have chin straps.

                                The new light up ears are able to be embroidered on, thanx to the fact that the wires et al are completely contained within each ear, and thus there is nothing significantly different from the felt cap than other ears.
                                The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                                  Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                                  Mickey looks a little weird.
                                  But you have to admit, at least this time he's not holding a baton upside-down...



                                  ...speaking as a pure bando here, that's the one and only thing that bugs me about the last Mick. This one he's just gesturing towards a Disney Castle.

                                  I like the dark blue on these Dream ears much, much more than the cloud print on the Dream ears that are given away. I'll say this a million times for the next 15 months, but I'm not big on the whole cloud thing.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                                    Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                                    Ah. so that's why we couldn't find any of them last night. It's too bad, my friend's boyfriend really wanted a pair.
                                    I wanted some as well. Looked ALL over last week, to no avail. Weird thing was, I still saw people wearing them. They must have JUST sold out that weekend. Hopefully they'll get some more in before next Tues.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                                      i dont think very much of the logo either the hat is just a bit weird.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

                                        Originally posted by PrincessLeia View Post
                                        We were at the parks this past weekend and I got a pair of the new Ears (not the YOAMD cloud ones)...I don't have them here with me so I will post a pic as soon as I get back home...(maybe someone already has)

                                        They are very cool, dark blue w/ silver ears that have lights on them. You flip the battery switch on the back to turn on/off and the ears "sparkle" The front has a patch w/ Mickey and the castle and it says something about dreams...

                                        One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.

                                        These were so new that the Mad Hatter CM had to call to ask if it was ok to embroider these (maybe he thought there were wires that might get stiched??) and another CM stopped me on Main Street to ask me where I got the cool ears. Also, I only saw a few others wearing them.

                                        Anyhoo, I will post a pic when I get back home w/ a full trip report.
                                        Exciting!

                                        Now to get the cloud ones..

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X