• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrincessLeia
    I love Mulholland Madness
    • Jan 2006

New Ears ( not the freebies)

We were at the parks this past weekend and I got a pair of the new Ears (not the YOAMD cloud ones)...I don't have them here with me so I will post a pic as soon as I get back home...(maybe someone already has)

They are very cool, dark blue w/ silver ears that have lights on them. You flip the battery switch on the back to turn on/off and the ears "sparkle" The front has a patch w/ Mickey and the castle and it says something about dreams...

One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.

These were so new that the Mad Hatter CM had to call to ask if it was ok to embroider these (maybe he thought there were wires that might get stiched??) and another CM stopped me on Main Street to ask me where I got the cool ears. Also, I only saw a few others wearing them.

Anyhoo, I will post a pic when I get back home w/ a full trip report.
    Be Nice or Leave
  • BFJen
    For You!
    • Feb 2006

Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

They sound great! Especially the chin strap! I don't see why they don't put them on all ears, and if you don't like it, you can cut if off!!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• SCUBAbe
      no flash photography...
      • Jan 2005

cool...

I don't like the elastic strap on the adult ears. The NBC ears I bought have that. I'm cuting it off before I wear them...LOL...I tried the strap, but it felt odd...

Comment

• Loomis
        Vegetarian Disneylander
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by PrincessLeia View Post
        One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.
        Yeah, I constantly wonder just how big they think the average human adult head is!

Even with my boofy hair it is an ill-fit.

Comment

• tassie
          MiceChatter
          • Jul 2006

do you know that they have sold OUT of the pumpkin ears RESORT WIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
          Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
          Originally Posted by MWalton
          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

• PrincessLeia
            I love Mulholland Madness
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            cool...

I don't like the elastic strap on the adult ears. The NBC ears I bought have that. I'm cuting it off before I wear them...LOL...I tried the strap, but it felt odd...
            I agree that the strap is a little wacky...but I use it on the rides and then flip it to the back while I stroll around. Beats fiddling w/ clips! (I have a somewhat giant noggin)
            Be Nice or Leave

Comment

• MasterGracey
              Dateline Disneylander
              • Jan 2005

I posted a photo of the new ears in my 10/22 PHOTO UPDATE thread.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• PirateMickey
                A Pirate's life for me!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                do you know that they have sold OUT of the pumpkin ears RESORT WIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I predict another HOT eBay item!

And so many folks here weren't too impressed with them. I thought they looked cute.

Enjoy!

Comment

• BFJen
                  For You!
                  • Feb 2006

I didn't see a picture of the ears.
                  sigpic

Comment

• penguinsoda
                    Jester of Randomness
                    MiceChat Moderator
                    • Jan 2005

Ohhh.. I haven't seen these! Lights on the ears? That sounds pretty cool!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• MasterGracey
                      Dateline Disneylander
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                      I didn't see a picture of the ears.
                      You're right... I forgot to add the picture in the update. :shy: Sorry about that.

I added the photo to my thread, and here as well:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• BFJen
                        For You!
                        • Feb 2006

I love the light up factor, but not too keen on the logo - Mickey looks a little weird.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                          no flash photography...
                          • Jan 2005

my daughter loves the leopard ears behind them...

Comment

• aerinpegadrak
                            Basking in birthday love
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                            Ah. so that's why we couldn't find any of them last night. It's too bad, my friend's boyfriend really wanted a pair.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

• penguinsoda
                              Jester of Randomness
                              MiceChat Moderator
                              • Jan 2005

I love the light up factor, but not too keen on the logo - Mickey looks a little weird.
                              I agree. But the lights!! Way cool! I'd like to see them in action!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• mrmainstreet
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2005

We were at the parks this past weekend and I got a pair of the new Ears (not the YOAMD cloud ones)...I don't have them here with me so I will post a pic as soon as I get back home...(maybe someone already has)

They are very cool, dark blue w/ silver ears that have lights on them. You flip the battery switch on the back to turn on/off and the ears "sparkle" The front has a patch w/ Mickey and the castle and it says something about dreams...

These were so new that the Mad Hatter CM had to call to ask if it was ok to embroider these (maybe he thought there were wires that might get stiched??) and another CM stopped me on Main Street to ask me where I got the cool ears. Also, I only saw a few others wearing them.

Disney actually has listened. What we have been told, is that the intent is wherever possible- all new ears will be embroiderable, and will have chin straps.

The new light up ears are able to be embroidered on, thanx to the fact that the wires et al are completely contained within each ear, and thus there is nothing significantly different from the felt cap than other ears.
                                The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

• 2DieFR
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jun 2005

Mickey looks a little weird.
                                  But you have to admit, at least this time he's not holding a baton upside-down...

...speaking as a pure bando here, that's the one and only thing that bugs me about the last Mick. This one he's just gesturing towards a Disney Castle.

I like the dark blue on these Dream ears much, much more than the cloud print on the Dream ears that are given away. I'll say this a million times for the next 15 months, but I'm not big on the whole cloud thing.

Comment

• ClubDisCM
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                                    Ah. so that's why we couldn't find any of them last night. It's too bad, my friend's boyfriend really wanted a pair.
                                    I wanted some as well. Looked ALL over last week, to no avail. Weird thing was, I still saw people wearing them. They must have JUST sold out that weekend. Hopefully they'll get some more in before next Tues.

Comment

• luckygreencolor
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Oct 2006

i dont think very much of the logo either the hat is just a bit weird.

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                                        I was deleted.
                                        • Dec 2008

Exciting!

Now to get the cloud ones..

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X