This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of the Pedistrian Entrance being repainted AGAIN - 10/24/06

Drove by the DLR today after going to Knott's for the afternoon.... Pulled into the 15 minute parking due to the fact the started to repaint the Pedistrian entrance to the DLR, even though they just repainted it a few months ago...

Looks like they will match the color scheme of the Timon Entrance...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2048015
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Photos of the Pedistrian Entrance being repainted AGAIN - 10/24/06

Interesting. I was wondering about the whole clashing of the color schemes.

Thanks for the photos.

Now, what about the long-neglected entrance sign over across from the Convention Center? Will that thing ever get painted? It's almost as though Disney's simply forgotten about the thing...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

And don't forget the similar "ribbon" signs as you enter M&F parking structure. Maybe those will be the next to convert to yellow and blue.

Comment

EDIT: Guess I left that tab unrefreshed too long...

For that matter, the Mickey and Friends entrance thingies.
        OH.. and what is that piece of legislation that takes down the signs, Darkbeer? I've looked around, but can't find it.
        Last edited by mrfantasmic; 10-24-2006, 08:25 PM. Reason: thanks 2

Comment

Dammit - Is nothing I like sacred! (I'm guessing the Futura logo will stay... for Now)

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if it was designed with the original Disneyland writing?
            Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

The iconography suggesting an orange peel, in my opinion, needs to change.

Orange peels are not good symbols for the resort destination. Another color for those ribbon pieces would definitely help if this entrance signage is going to be around for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by travelmom View Post
                Wouldn't it be cool if it was designed with the original Disneyland writing?
                Not really... it would look horribly out of place alongside the current logos, whether you're referring to the current Disneyland Park logo, the current Resort logo, or the previous Resort logo (which is still used on reciepts from many Foods locations, on the parking tickets, and on signage).

Comment

As I was leaving the Resort last night/early this morning, I saw workers taking down the tarps around the Harbor pedestrian entrance. It's now painted in a color scheme to match the Harbor automobile entrance. The logo used is the original Disneyland Resort logo, the one that isn't easily mistaken for the Disneyland Park logo.

I seriously wish that the Resort would go back to that logo, and was disappointed to see some new T-shirts with the new Resort logo on the tags. The argument that the logo is "over 50 years old" doesn't fly in my opinion, because the logo has changed since the park opened, however subtly. Fox, Universal, Intel, IBM, Pepsi, Pizza Hut and AT&T are all companies that have existed for a long time and have recognizable logos that have changed over the years, some subtly, and some dramatically. Why must Disneyland remain forever stuck in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                    And don't forget the similar "ribbon" signs as you enter M&F parking structure. Maybe those will be the next to convert to yellow and blue.
                    At the park today and the sigs at the M&F structure are under tarps.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X