• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare poster that I recently purchased

Check it out! Feedback is appreciated.

Re: Rare poster that I recently purchased

It's a classic.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Very cool!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Thanks guys. I love it myself. Its in a frame right by my window. Its a very nice poster. Mint condition.

Comment

The Ford Exhibit made these also. Great poster for sure.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
            The Ford Exhibit made these also. Great poster for sure.
            ^^ You noticed. I bought this from the Disneyland Exibit up in Oakland, CA. I saw the exibit 3 times and bought this poster on my 2nd visit. It was the last one they had and they said they were not getting anymore. I bought it on July 26th.

Comment

Great poster -- but are those thumbtacks I see in it?! Hardly mint condition now!

I went to the exhibit in Oakland as well. AMAZING exhibit. Unfortunately, all they had left were the books and postcards. I got both, but wished I had gotten a poster.

I ordered the Tokyo Disneyland poster and Tomorrowland poster from the Henry Ford website ...they're rolled up in a tube, awaiting a frame and wallspace someday...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

I just framed it today. This posted has been in the tube in my closet. I just checked. Those ARE NOT Thumbtack prints.

By the way, does anyone know what frame i need for the BIG 50th wall map?

Comment

I purchased the Stretching Portraits for the Haunted Mansion at Oakland. I installed it in a nice cherry wood frame, it looks great.
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

That is one of my favorite photos of DL and Walt

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                    Those ARE NOT Thumbtack prints.
                    I don't think that is what the question MasterGracey asked. He asked if there were thumtacks holding the poster up. BTW what is a thumbtack print anyways?

Are the posters limited edition prints? What makes it so rare if you bought it at a souvenir gift shop?

A frame it fits in may be a good start
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Some bizarre british poster size for the wall map. Go to michaels and take the map with you.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                        I purchased the Stretching Portraits for the Haunted Mansion at Oakland. I installed it in a nice cherry wood frame, it looks great.
                        I was planning on buying that. I loved how the portraits were on display there.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                          Some bizarre british poster size for the wall map. Go to michaels and take the map with you.
                          Or to Jo-Ann's... Sorry, I worked at both stores, but my friend does framing for Jo-Ann's currently. In Temecula. Tell them Mike sent you.
                          Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

I want one like that!!!! My roommate moved out of my dorm and I'm looking for more posters to put in my room. Is there anywhere else I can get that poster?

BTW, does anyone know where I can get attraction posters bigger and cheaper than at the Disney Gallery. I really wanted one that was poster size than the print sizes.
                            My mind won't rest
                            and I don't sleep
                            Not even in my dreams...
                            -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                            written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                            1985-2005

Comment

Well yeah, but Michaels has the poster frames that more appropriately fits the big park posters.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                                Well yeah, but Michaels has the poster frames that more appropriately fits the big park posters.
                                As does Jo-Ann's. Having worked at both....They both carry the same stuff, except Jo-Ann's has fabric and sewing supplies and Michael's is better organized.
                                Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Cool poster. It's the panting they use on the Walk in Walts footsteps tour.
                                  "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                                    As does Jo-Ann's. Having worked at both....They both carry the same stuff, except Jo-Ann's has fabric and sewing supplies and Michael's is better organized.
                                    Oh yeah?? Well... um... yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                                      I just framed it today. This posted has been in the tube in my closet. I just checked. Those ARE NOT Thumbtack prints.

By the way, does anyone know what frame i need for the BIG 50th wall map?
                                      Go to Aaron Brothers, get a big theatrical movie poster-sized frame. Aaron Brothers has a row of them, and they have a movie poster -themed graphic inside the frame. The maps fit almost perfectly, with just about a 1/2 an inch of extra room on either side. It's not perfect, but it's a whole lot easier, not to mention cheaper, than getting the thing custom-framed.

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                                      Are the posters limited edition prints? What makes it so rare if you bought it at a souvenir gift shop?
                                      They arent "limited edition" as in they're a special print, or even numbered. But I believe once the supply of them ran out, that was it. So if you got one, you lucked out, cause from what I understand that poster from the Henry Ford and the Haunted Mansion stretch portrait poster from the Oakland exhibit sold out early on in each respective run of the show.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

This is me right now staring at my screen::blink: (a mixture of the two, ahaha). That's beautiful! It's my favorite photo of Walt ever.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X