X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    Techno, make it on your computer music anyone? That's so not classic and beautiful... That's just well... electric keyboard! I'd complain, but I haven't actually been to disneyland, and haven't heard the music from the carasol for myself yet...

Leave a comment:

• Wendy_Bird
    replied
    i sure hope so... I havent been to the park in August but it dosent sound as nice as the old sound

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied
    Maybe it's a temporary thing.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    OK, now the music for King Triton was done from sampling from an actual band organ. I know this because I know the gentleman who owns the organ. He told me that Disney came down and recorded every pipe in the instrument. This is a large organ,(for a band organ) having in excess of three hundred pipes, and it took them a little while to do it. The First time I went to DCA it was fairly obvious (to me,at least) where the sound it self was derived from. Personally, I'd rather see them rebuild the organ that's behind Dumbo, or better yet put it behind the facade on King Arthur's Carousel. The Facade is a new one built to replace the one that was with the original organ,which was sold to a collector a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied
    Uhm.... I just now got around to listening to this, and I don't think it's that bad.

Admittedly, it's been six years since I was at the park, but it sounds like a theme park carousel. So?

Leave a comment:

• seenoevil
    replied
    Originally posted by s8ntmark
    Isnt a little late to be complaining about the HM Attic changes? Its been almost 10 years since they did it...sheesh!
    ??

Leave a comment:

• OTownGuy
    replied
    Does anyone have the NEW track list BTW?

Leave a comment:

• innerSpaceman
    replied
    Change is bad if the result is worse.

Change is not necessarily bad for its own sake, although many people are upset by what they are not used to.

A good example is how people are generally not upset by the Sleeping Beauty Castle decorations, even though they represent quite a big change.

The caroussel/calioppe music change is clearly a turn for the worse, and we have every right to complain about it (and I hope many people do so, in person at City Hall).

Leave a comment:

• TheManator
    replied
    You people are way too jumpy. We should just leave the complaining on how change is bad to the democrats and the christians.

Leave a comment:

• Larxene1959
    replied
    XO MY EARS!!! *blood shoots out*

I think the old "Mario Brothers" theme sounds better. Heck, twanging a rubber band sounds better!

I remember on my last trip I went on the carrosel (me being 17...) and had a load o' fun because 1) The feel of being on a horse is great (even if it's fake) and 2) Sleeping Beauty Music and the like rocks

With this stuff, you'd think you'd be riding around on a Yoshi or a Pikachu

Leave a comment:

• innerSpaceman
    replied
    Yeah, with Warner Bros. - the merry-go-round broke down ... but at Disneyland, the Caroussel stayed operational (for the most part) while the calioppe source of its music broke down. I don't know when exactly they switched from "live" to a recording ... but I really want that recording!

Leave a comment:

• General Grizz
    replied
    Originally posted by OTownGuy
    We HAVE to form SOME sort of MASS complaining/campaign. Remember how we brought down Pomp and Circumstance from POTS? We can do the same thing here. We NEED to let them know how offensive it is to our EARS, to Fantasyland, and to WALT. They had NO reason to do this based on what the park is celebrating now. It is an INSULT.
    I would also write about saving Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied
    Wasn't the calliope in the "tent" behind Dumbo, the original source for the carousel music when New Fantasyland opened - - and later they switced to a recording?

Is the calliope broken?

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    I don't remember the old music at all... I don't spend much time in Fantasyland. This music just sounds like carrousel music to me. :confused:

Leave a comment:

• TheManator
    replied
    I like change. This change is much welcomed. Nothing stays the same. Oh well, too bad.

Leave a comment:

• OTownGuy
    replied
    About the 2-CD set. When i first heard ONCE UPON.... i thought it was the ORIGINAL King Arthur from 55-82. No i hear this new BIBBIDI clip and i realize that ONCE UPON.. clip is from the NEW loop. I hope Randy had nothing to do w/ this.

Leave a comment:

• OTownGuy
    replied
    We HAVE to form SOME sort of MASS complaining/campaign. Remember how we brought down Pomp and Circumstance from POTS? We can do the same thing here. We NEED to let them know how offensive it is to our EARS, to Fantasyland, and to WALT. They had NO reason to do this based on what the park is celebrating now. It is an INSULT.

Leave a comment:

• innerSpaceman
    replied
    Better yet, complain at City Hall when you happen to be in the Park. (If you haven't been to the Park for the new fireworks, um, what are you waiting for?)

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
    Isn't it on the new 2-CD Disneyland set? My copy is in the car or I would check the play list. I would swear the calliope/pipe organ, etc. music is on one of the CD's.
    Well, I haven't gotten my set delivered yet, so I'd appreciate it if someone would check. Though it might be the same clip that was on the Disneyland Forever CDs - - which was a snippet (I believe) of the Mickey Mouse Club March, and not a bit of the delightful tunes from the animated films which were the mainstay of the calliope/Caroussel music.

Leave a comment:

• Dirton
    replied
    Wow that sucks! We need to get the old music back. Everyone should email D-land!

Disneyland's E-mail

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    Originally posted by General Grizz
    KING ARTHUR CAROUSEL??... my condolences.

Oh, Matt, where art thou?
    Shall I prepare a eulogy? Let me confer with the Disney sisters and we shall pray to the Lord our Walt that he resurrect the great music that was King Arthur's Carousel! Praise be to Walt!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X