Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AP Question (well, 3 questions)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AP Question (well, 3 questions)

    hi everyone, i had a quick question about APs. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna get one, but they cost is so high, I dont know if I'll be going enough to make full use of a premium pass. So I was thinking about getting a deluxe pass, only problem is I am confirmed going to DL in two weeks on a deluxe blackout date, and again in June on a blackout date, so i was wonderin.....

    1) If I was to buy a deluxe AP on a blackout date, is there a discounted ticket price to get into the park on that day? like pay extra money to get in to the park (not the $53 reg. admission lol), but maybe like 20 bucks to get in for the day?

    2) Is there a discounted rate to get in to the park for other blackout dates once you have already purchased your AP? like if i was to buy my AP on the blackout date in 2 weeks when i go, when i next went in june would i be able to purchase a single day ticket on the cheap?


    and since I'm posting questions about APs,
    3) is there a way to buy a premium AP without the free parking? I know you can purchase the other AP options with or without parking, with the without costing $50 less than the with option. so is there a way to purchase the premium AP (the one without any blackout dates) for $50 less if i was to get it without parking?

    thanks for the help everyone! i really appriciate it!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

  • #2
    1. No, you don't get a discount per se when you buy your passport, however if you have paid for admission, you only have to pay the difference to "upgrade" your 1 day ticket to an AP.

    2. As I understand it, yes, on your blackout dates you can buy tickets with a significat discount. I haven't had the deluxe for several years, but back in 2001 the blackout days could be purchased for $25.

    3. Sorry, but parking is automatically included with the Premium passport. But if you can afford it, adding parking is really the way to go IMO. Those $10 parking charges REALLY add up!

    Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Comment


    • #3
      are u able to get a discount on buying a ticket if u have the so cal select AP?
      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
      __________________________________________________________

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
        are u able to get a discount on buying a ticket if u have the so cal select AP?
        Do you mean on a blackout date? I'm pretty sure, but like I said, I haven't had a non-premium passport for several years. Things could have changed. I would check with Guest Relations to be 100% sure.

        Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

        Comment


        • #5
          $30 everyone. $30.
          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


          -- robotarmada.net --

          Comment


          • #6
            I just checked the DL website passholder info page. It shows a blockout day ticket is now $30.00 and doesn't state that any particular AP is excluded. I'd call to be sure, though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by robotpirates
              $30 everyone. $30.
              Wow, that's not that big of a jump from 2001! I'm shocked its not more these days.

              Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                Wow, that's not that big of a jump from 2001! I'm shocked its not more these days.
                Yeah! That's why I'm okay with buying my AP at the end of the month instead of the 17th of July. I can just pay my 30 bucks and go in for the 50th.
                Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                -- robotarmada.net --

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by robotpirates
                  Yeah! That's why I'm okay with buying my AP at the end of the month instead of the 17th of July. I can just pay my 30 bucks and go in for the 50th.

                  Smartie!! That's what I'm doin too!
                  Great minds think alike.
                  A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                    are u able to get a discount on buying a ticket if u have the so cal select AP?
                    yup you can, I've done it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The last time that we purchased a black-out day pass they were $20. We recently saw that they are $30.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dsnyfnatic
                        1) If I was to buy a deluxe AP on a blackout date, is there a discounted ticket price to get into the park on that day? like pay extra money to get in to the park (not the $53 reg. admission lol), but maybe like 20 bucks to get in for the day?

                        2) Is there a discounted rate to get in to the park for other blackout dates once you have already purchased your AP? like if i was to buy my AP on the blackout date in 2 weeks when i go, when i next went in june would i be able to purchase a single day ticket on the cheap?


                        and since I'm posting questions about APs,
                        3) is there a way to buy a premium AP without the free parking? I know you can purchase the other AP options with or without parking, with the without costing $50 less than the with option. so is there a way to purchase the premium AP (the one without any blackout dates) for $50 less if i was to get it without parking?

                        thanks for the help everyone! i really appriciate it!
                        1. On the day of AP Purchase, there is NO Blockout date, so you would not have to worry about paying extra for that day.

                        2. You need to go to the Main Entry Plaza Ticket booths on the date you want to attend on a blockout day, and pay $30 (current price). This will give you access to both parks for that day. (You need to bring your AP, and the Blockout Pass is ONLY good for you, not for additional tickets.)

                        3. The reason its "free" is because you can't seperate it.

                        One thing to think about, buying an Multi-Day ParkHopper first, so you can get the Early Entry and ESPN Zone Game Card, then upgrade to an AP. Remember that Multi-Day tickets are only good for 2 weeks after first use.
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          thanks for the help guys! i appricaite it!

                          Originally posted by Darkbeer
                          1. On the day of AP Purchase, there is NO Blockout date, so you would not have to worry about paying extra for that day.
                          does this mean that even if i was to buy my AP on a blackout date, it wouldn't count as a blackout date for me? like i would be able to enter the park only using my AP and everything on that date? that's the only thing i'm confused on, but other than that, thanks for the rest of the info, everyone!
                          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by robotpirates
                            Yeah! That's why I'm okay with buying my AP at the end of the month instead of the 17th of July. I can just pay my 30 bucks and go in for the 50th.
                            I plan on spending the extra dough and pay 57.00 for a 1 day park hopper online, so I dont have to wait in line on the 50th. To me, it's worth the extra cash. I cant even imagine what the ticket booths will look like on the 17th

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Disguy
                              I plan on spending the extra dough and pay 57.00 for a 1 day park hopper online, so I dont have to wait in line on the 50th. To me, it's worth the extra cash. I cant even imagine what the ticket booths will look like on the 17th
                              To answer your question... the estimate for July 17th at Disneyland is Capacity (80k), and DCA is 35k

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                80,000! Wow. Talk about a sardine can!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Duuude... I can't wait. haha.
                                  Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                                  -- robotarmada.net --

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I have another AP question...if they were to stop letting people in on the 17th, would that include AP holders? I was there once where they "closed the gates" but we were allowed in because we had purchased our tickets at the Disney Store. I was just wondering if that applied to AP's too.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      It is Disney's official policy to allow guests to enter the park/use their AP voucher on the date of purchase. This is mainly to allow the processing of the AP at the Processing Center at the Bank on Main Street. Also, this helps the sales of AP's, especially ones like the SoCal AP. This way, they can get folks to buy them during the peak summer period, when the AP is normally blocked out.

                                      As for July 17th, there are stages that Disney takes when the park gets close to capacity.

                                      The first stage is the suspension of selling tickets. If Disney does that, then AP Blockout tickets would not be available at that time.

                                      The last stage is the closing of the park gates. If that happens, then all AP holders, along with any other ticket/ParkHopper would not be allowed in, at least until some park guests leave the park.
                                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X