• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmandasDad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkS01
    I agree Dusty,
    Being a big fan of Mary Poppins I think it would be a great idea to have a ride based on the film somewhere in Fantasyland but I really think they should keep Fantasyland Theater for plays. Its great to have that venue in the park.
    I figured Main Street was representative of Mary Poppins. Besides, Fantasyland has the carousel. That works enough.

Leave a comment:

• DsnyFvr
    replied
    Originally posted by Dustysage
    There was a concept for a long time about turning that area into a Mary Poppins ride. Streets of London. Would fit nicely into the Fantasyland theme?

It would also have been a good home for the E-Ticket version of Pooh.
    I agree Dusty,
    Being a big fan of Mary Poppins I think it would be a great idea to have a ride based on the film somewhere in Fantasyland but I really think they should keep Fantasyland Theater for plays. Its great to have that venue in the park.

Leave a comment:

• Wendy_Bird
    replied
    I really like the show... i think that it is a very good show... i love the song and such... what better show to have in there on the 50th anniversity than the first full length feature film walt did... i do however like the idea of enclosing the theater so it is more like the hyperion... and I still like the aladdin show... i think that after the 50th might be the time to start something new... as long as it isnt that band thing that they had in there.

Leave a comment:

• Aura of Foreboding
    replied
    Originally posted by TomorrowlandTourist
    While it would be a much better fit in Adventureland, I would love to see a Jungle Book show. There is some awesome music from that movie, and the set wouldn't really have to be that special, although it would be nicer.

There are plenty of classic Disney movies to use, and I'd be elated to see Robin Hood there too.
    If I remember correctly, WDW had a Jungle Book show in Animal Kingdom in its first year. It was cute, but I though that it could have been better.

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    Originally posted by neuhickman79
    HELLLO!?!?!??! It's Julie Andrews...we do love ourselves a good diva! ...and Julie Andrews...the Official 50th Ambassador...need I say more?
    She is the ultimate diva!! She's like a real life Disney princess... not only so straight people love her, but the gays ADORE her... she's the PERSON Ambassador!!

Generally you can only have it one way. The gays love em or hate em. Straight people love em or hate em. Julie's so universal!!

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Originally posted by melmel
    I think Fantasmic! need to be canned. It was great in 1992 when it came out, but I just saw on May 5 for the first time in years, and it is seriously dated and has little storyline or real content. Most of the villains have no place in it (The Old Hag, Chernabog, and Ursula), and what the heck is up with the elephants?

If they get rid of Fantasmic! they could put in a Sleeping Beauty stage show, which would appeal to everyone: adults, kids, boys, girls... And lots of possibilities for pyro, fights, romance, and dancing animals (Hopefully less... Broadway next time).
    Wha? Huh?.... Fantasmic has no story line? It's always been very clear to me. Mickey is having a great dream where he gets to control fountains of water, his dreams become thrilling, fun, weird, (weird being the elaphents)... Then the evilest of evil vilans invade his dream and try to Destroy imagination! Even mocking it in some of their lines, but Mickey gets them and says "You may think your so powerful, but this is My Dream!" And destroys the evil forces that invade his dream, the ending scene is him going back to his normal wonderous dreams and he's celebrating that he destroyed the evil. How is that story line not clear? Don't get rid of fantasmic, that is one of the best shows Disney has ever put on.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Hmnm... what great movie could have a great entertaignment thing.. Well one i would enclose the theater.... Then put on: Fantasia.. (LOL...) with a live orchastra.... J/K

I would love to see hmm... well.... Mulan....

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    FABULOUS idea Panda...I bless you in the name of Walt.

Leave a comment:

• Small Panda After All
    replied
    ...and what the heck is up with the elephants?
    That is my favorite part! Out of nowhere...."PACHYDERMS!" and a great electric guitar riff!

But on topic, I would love to see a Sleeping Beauty stage show. Maybe it would get Merriweather out there to meet and greet.

Animazement was fantastic and they could definitely justify bringing that back, if only to hold the space while developing a new show. As long as the Mickey's Detective School stays buried. ::shudders::

Interesting idea of a Mary Poppins ride, but what about a show? Is Mary Poppins too dated? It's perfect for the European fantasy theme, but might clash considering the proximity of TT. Speaking of live action/animated movies set in fanciful England, would there maybe be a way to combine Bedknobs and Broomsticks with Mary Poppins. I'm salivating at the idea of so many classic songs in the same show.

Leave a comment:

• AmandasDad
    replied
    Why is the Snow White show only OK in your eyes?

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    Well, the gays do love Mary Poppins.
    HELLLO!?!?!??! It's Julie Andrews...we do love ourselves a good diva! ...and Julie Andrews...the Official 50th Ambassador...need I say more?

Leave a comment:

• DarylF
    replied
    A Lion King show would be great.

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldenEars
    On the contrary, most boys/men LOVE a live stage show, especially at Disneyland/DCA. But then again, most of those boys/men that do are gay...me included!

And since Disney attracts all sorts of people, again, especially gay boys/men, I think a live stage show is definitely suited for the Fantasyland Theatre and elsewhere within the Resort.

And I highly doubt that Disneyland will ever get rid of live stage shows all together, just to put in a ride/attraction. There will always be somewhere within the Park where a stage show is being performed. Case in point, when the Space Stage in Tomorrowland became Captain EO, it quickly used the Videopolis Stage (now the Fantasyland Theatre) to bring back live stage shows.
    Well, the gays do love Mary Poppins.

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    There will always be a place for live entertainment, but Disney needs to make shows that appeal to everyone--ideally featuring some sort of love story with great special effects and an epic battle between good and evil in the end...Aladdin has that a lot more than Snow White, which is why more people like Aladdin (though I think it will be about time for a new show in the Hyperion once the 50th ends...4 years is enough for a stage show)...I like a good stage show, but I don't think Disney should produce any show that alienates large groups of guests--for example the new Cinderellabration show at wdw doesn't have much to offer to most male guests...though I'm pretty sure most people wish it had some sort of plotline, it does seem more geared toward young girls. I guess it's good to oppose Lights, Motors, Action!, which I view as...ideal.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFunGuy
    replied
    Either Cinderella or Mary Poppins.

Boys don't want to sit through theater shows as much as girls do, so you have to appeal to them!

On the contrary, most boys/men LOVE a live stage show, especially at Disneyland/DCA. But then again, most of those boys/men that do are gay...me included!

And since Disney attracts all sorts of people, again, especially gay boys/men, I think a live stage show is definitely suited for the Fantasyland Theatre and elsewhere within the Resort.

And I highly doubt that Disneyland will ever get rid of live stage shows all together, just to put in a ride/attraction. There will always be somewhere within the Park where a stage show is being performed. Case in point, when the Space Stage in Tomorrowland became Captain EO, it quickly used the Videopolis Stage (now the Fantasyland Theatre) to bring back live stage shows.

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    the riverboat and...Mickey blowing up the Rivers of America in the finale...now that is hot!

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    The coolest part of Fantasmic is the riverboat at the end, with all the characters on it.

Jane and Terk were there... but no Tarzan.

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    I dunno...I still love Fantasmic! (though I admit its storyline is somewhat confusing) and certainly still packs in the crowds--I say upgrade the technology, fix the scenes that haven't been up to their former glory, and don't change a show that isn't broken. I'm afraid they'd screw it up. The elephants...well...it's Mickey's imagination. I've certainly had very strange, elaborate dreams.... Regardless, I'd still rather have a nighttime show that features a lot of Disney movies, not just one (though it could use an update with the more recent films...that is, the ones that were good). I do love seeing the Columbia and Mark Twain in the show, too.

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    I think Fantasmic! need to be canned. It was great in 1992 when it came out, but I just saw on May 5 for the first time in years, and it is seriously dated and has little storyline or real content. Most of the villains have no place in it (The Old Hag, Chernabog, and Ursula), and what the heck is up with the elephants?

If they get rid of Fantasmic! they could put in a Sleeping Beauty stage show, which would appeal to everyone: adults, kids, boys, girls... And lots of possibilities for pyro, fights, romance, and dancing animals (Hopefully less... Broadway next time).

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    Either Cinderella or Mary Poppins.

Boys don't want to sit through theater shows as much as girls do, so you have to appeal to them!
    correct! and you do that with pyro and fights...so have a musical that includes that. That's one of the reasons I love Fantasmic!...it's made for guys and girls to love...you can't beat a dragon lighting water on fire.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X