Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievably rude guests

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    You should have called. I would've walked over and snapped the guys neck, just like Steven Segal.










    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Morrigoon
      When the fireworks began, several people shouted "down in front" and other requests for them to not block everyone's view. The man in this couple turned and shouted a stream of obscenities not fit even for ME to print (and those of you who know me know there's little I won't say). He threatened violence to a few people nearest him even. It got to the point that someone even shouted, "You can't beat us ALL up!" at him.
      Next time take a megaphone with a siren alert on it, to get the attention of Park security and other CMs, and, well, everyone (and to tell people to sit down louder than everyone else). http://www.megaphoneusa.com/store/ag...duct=megaphone

      Or even just a personal air horn, to make sure everyone within 200 yards is looking at you (and anyone being rude to you).
      http://www.preparedness.com/911pesasiair.html
      My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by SilentBob66
        What the hell? Does he have his shirt on backwards?

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by SilentBob66
          Was this the guy?



          or was it this dude?



          Nope not him a Hispanic Guy...
          :crazylegs

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by SilentBob66
            Next time take a megaphone with a siren alert on it, to get the attention of Park security and other CMs, and, well, everyone (and to tell people to sit down louder than everyone else). http://www.megaphoneusa.com/store/ag...duct=megaphone

            Or even just a personal air horn, to make sure everyone within 200 yards is looking at you (and anyone being rude to you).
            http://www.preparedness.com/911pesasiair.html

            I think I need a pointy stick to poke people with.When I am on the chair. LOL
            :crazylegs

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
              What the hell? Does he have his shirt on backwards?
              LOL Good ?
              :crazylegs

              Comment


              • #27






                :crazylegs

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                  I think I need a pointy stick to poke people with.When I am on the chair. LOL
                  Not a pointy stick, a cattle prod. Those things pack a wallop.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Evil Minion
                    Just awful Cindy.
                    Oh man I would have clobbered the jerk if he did that to me.
                    No excuse for his rudeness.
                    Vaguely reminds me of a bad experience I had this past Christmas Eve at DL.
                    No CM's approached him ?
                    Off topic-

                    In a Gorillaz mood lately?

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                      I think I need a pointy stick to poke people with.When I am on the chair. LOL
                      I feel your pain.... I was in Costco Monday when this old broad from Mexico nailed me while in my wheelchair. The people from TJ can be so rude.
                      >>Alan<<
                      Member 216




                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Originally posted by Morrigoon
                        Went to the park tonight to watch fireworks with CrazyLegs. She scored us an unbelievable location literally in the middle of Main Street in front of the castle. Everyone around was seated in all directions. Except the people 10-12 feet in front of us.

                        When the fireworks began, several people shouted "down in front" and other requests for them to not block everyone's view. The man in this couple turned and shouted a stream of obscenities not fit even for ME to print (and those of you who know me know there's little I won't say). He threatened violence to a few people nearest him even. It got to the point that someone even shouted, "You can't beat us ALL up!" at him.

                        I tried to point out that my friend, who uses a wheelchair, did not have the option of standing, so would they please sit. Either they didn't hear me (possible), or they chose to ignore, because they NEVER sat down. Their behavior was so abominable that several strangers gathered after the show (us included) to discuss it and talk about how disgusted and shocked we were to see that kind of behavior.

                        I mostly feel sorry for their stroller-age kids. They'll have no chance in life with an example that poor being set for them.
                        I remember this happening to me while waiting for Illuminations at Epcot a few years ago. I was trying to watch accross from the Nine Dragons restaurant and this fat guy with a buzz cut and his kid just stood there while everyone around them was sitting. We all told him to sit down and he just flipped us off and shouted prophanity...a total a$$!
                        -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                        -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

                        -"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                        --DCA: World Of Color

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Originally posted by Morrigoon
                          Went to the park tonight to watch fireworks with CrazyLegs. She scored us an unbelievable location literally in the middle of Main Street in front of the castle. Everyone around was seated in all directions. Except the people 10-12 feet in front of us.

                          When the fireworks began, several people shouted "down in front" and other requests for them to not block everyone's view. The man in this couple turned and shouted a stream of obscenities not fit even for ME to print (and those of you who know me know there's little I won't say). He threatened violence to a few people nearest him even. It got to the point that someone even shouted, "You can't beat us ALL up!" at him.

                          I tried to point out that my friend, who uses a wheelchair, did not have the option of standing, so would they please sit. Either they didn't hear me (possible), or they chose to ignore, because they NEVER sat down. Their behavior was so abominable that several strangers gathered after the show (us included) to discuss it and talk about how disgusted and shocked we were to see that kind of behavior.

                          I mostly feel sorry for their stroller-age kids. They'll have no chance in life with an example that poor being set for them.
                          People like this should be drug out into the street and shot!
                          Beautify Yourself

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            With this particular fireworks show, half the show is the castle. The projections, etc. are an integral part of the show.
                            Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy
                            I always tell guests..umm folks the fireworks are above you....in the sky...why do you need to sit?

                            Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Not quite a rant..

                              It's tragic that the way these events are created don't seem to consider how the crowd actually experiences them. When you create a fireworks show that can only be viewed to it's best result from the Hub (2% of attendence can see it properly?), then naturally you'll bring out the worst in people who are all trying to see it. If you had a baseball park without seats and trees arounfd the field to see the game how people would act. Of course, Baseball parks are well designed to allow good viewing for the most part and you pay for the quality of that view. DL however is perverting the streets and public spaces to become theaters, however, the theater is not ideal in any way and since they advertize a great fireworks experience, but cannot accomodate everyone, then you encourage this kind of "i want my money's worth, me first" kind of vibe from some people. It's unfortunate, and in any event people should be considerate. I'm not defending their behavior, but making a reference to the event itself being at part responsible for this (like micro seating in coach seeding skyrage).

                              I would hope in the future that shows would be considerate of the mayhem they cause (i.e. Fantasmic! before the waterfront was redone.)
                              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

                              [FONT=Arial Narrow]

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                All of those people and no one went to get a CM??

                                Also I didnt know its considered rude to stand during the fireworks? In Disneyworld everyone stands for them. I have been away from home for years so I dont remember wether people sat down or stood.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  You know, without any recourse, these people have nothing to fear. Now I'm not advocating violence, but an all out riot would have been the cure! Violence isn't always the answer, it's the ONLY answer!
                                  sigpic

                                  This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    I would coach my kids in strategic crying, which you can then switch on and off on cue, in order to guilt-trip the cretins at the Park who block people's views. Nothing like a shouted "see, you made my little girl cry! At Disneyland!" to get people to do what you want.
                                    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                                      I think I need a pointy stick to poke people with.When I am on the chair. LOL
                                      What about a nice cattle prod?

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Originally posted by Wotan
                                        What about a nice cattle prod?
                                        There are no "nice" cattle prods. Just good 'uns!
                                        sigpic

                                        This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Originally posted by Morrigoon
                                          The man in this couple turned and shouted a stream of obscenities not fit even for ME to print (and those of you who know me know there's little I won't say). He threatened violence to a few people nearest him even.
                                          And you know darn well that if someone was blocking "his view" he would have threatened violence to get them to sit down.
                                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

                                          Buy Now at Amazon

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X