This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
    All of those people and no one went to get a CM??

Also I didnt know its considered rude to stand during the fireworks? In Disneyworld everyone stands for them. I have been away from home for years so I dont remember wether people sat down or stood.
    It is weird - some nights are sitting crowds and some are standing crowds. Sometimes DL forces a standing night when the crowd is huge (like 5/5)

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
      All of those people and no one went to get a CM??

Also I didnt know its considered rude to stand during the fireworks? In Disneyworld everyone stands for them. I have been away from home for years so I dont remember wether people sat down or stood.
      Ghostbuster: when everyone in that particular area is already seated, both in front and behind him, AND when one of those seated people directly behind you is in a wheelchair (eg: doesn't have the option of standing to see over him), AND everyone for 25 feet behind him is shouting for him to be seated.... yes, it's rude.

If I had seen a CM w/in shouting distance, perhaps, but remember that the show had already begun before anyone worried about the fact that he was still standing, and there was absolutely no way anyone could get out of the area, it was too packed.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

The same thing happened where I was last night too! I was directly in front of the castle, just in front of the curb where Main Street circles in front of the hub and the castle. Perfect place to see the show! EXCEPT, these two guys to the right directly in front of me who were standing in the sea of spectators who were all sitting. Then just to the left, a woman who was sitting in this weird stool thing on wheels. It looked like a walker, but with a bench across the top.

So, just as it got dark, EVERYone behind (all the people on the front edge of the hub path who had been wating) started yelling at these two guys to sit down! It was great! And then this woman, who was not with these guys, turned around and screamed SHUTUP!! I think she thought they were yelling at her. Well, the two guys DID finally sit down and everyone applauded! I heard him mumble to his friend "somebody should tell these people that fireworks are up in the sky."

The stupid lady, however, of course never sat down. No one bothered her because it looked like some kind of handicapped thing, but I don't think it was. I just think it was a portable bench! Rude. If not for her being a obstruction, it would have been a perfect show.

What most people don't realize is that "Remember Dreams Come True" is not just a traditional fireworks show... it's a fireworks and light spectacular with Sleeping Beauty's Castle as an integral part of the show! Many effects and lighting, in conjunction with the soundtrack are played directly on the Castle itself. A view of the castle not only enhances the show, it is a main part of it IMHO.

But I agree, it is difficult to regulate. e.g. in reference to calling a CM to assist--IMPOSSIBLE! You are in a giant space with "wall-to-wall" people all squeezed in sitting and whatever. No aisles, no extra spaces, hardly even possible to walk through without "tiptoeing" and stepping on a few fingers and toes. There would be no way to get to a CM, and no way for them to get to return to where you were. It's strictly "fend for yourself" and I think as things progress, and AP's get into the habit of staking out nightly shows... things are only going to get uglier!! It's only been 5 days!

My Mom told me she wants to see it, and I want to take her but I'm worried about how difficult it's going to be to get a decent place to see it where she would be comfortable. I'm going to have to stake it out a few more times to figure it out. She isn't a passholder and is not used to the crowd situation.

Any suggestions??

--J.
        --Jonathan

Comment

This one happened to me last year at Grad Nite:
          Me and my friends are standing in line for Pirates, which was fairly long at the time, when all of a sudden a group of literally 20 people started pushing past us, and mind you we were already in the middle of the line, so they had pushed their way all the way up past the 1st 1/2 of the line, then past us, and then decided that that was enough cutting for the time being, and stopped right in front of me and my friends. now, i'm the kind of person who HATES people cutting, and my friends are the same way. so naturally, we start making a million comments a minute, acting like we were talking to each other, but talking loudly and looking at the group of cutters to make it obvious that we were directing our comments at them. now, it just so happened that these cutters were all of a race different than my own, which of course made no difference to me, i wouldve said something to them regardless of if they were white, black, blue, green, orange, or all of the above, but they decided that the best way to make us shut up was to bring race into the issue, i would assume because there are so many out there who are afraid of being deemed a "racist" that as soon as the race card is played, they back off, allowing the cutters to get away with it time and time again. it was definitely a line these cutters had used before, and they seemed sure it would work. well, it didnt. we were arguing with these people the whole time we were in line, because as you know, there are no CMs down in the bottom pitt of pirates, you have to wait until you are in the show building to talk to any of them. so anyways, this whole time we were in line, we were arguing with the cutters (me and my friends aren't the type to back away from an arguement, esp. when we know we are so obviously right, as with this case), and in all seriousness this thing almost came to blows, which i would have hated cuz grad nite was something i was looking forward to ever since i was old enough to realize that come senior year in high school, i would get to go to disneyland with all of my friends from school. So anyways, once i reached a CM, i complained, and NOTHING WAS DONE! these people got to stay in line, right in front of us, and many of them ended up in our boat on the ride, which as you might guess, made for one of the most intersting rides of POTC i had ever been on. I was so frustrated not only at these cutters, but at the CMs and the whole situation in general that it completely ruined my one and only grad nite that i will ever have at the park that i love so much. definitely wasn't a great way to finish off my senior year.

all because some people are too selfish and think only of themselves, and think that the rules don't apply to them, that the rules were written only for the rest of us. it was such a shame. anyone know of a way where i could go to another grad nite to make up for this one? lol, i guess i could always re-take senior year, but i dont know if that is allowed now that i have a year of college credit under my belt too lol
          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanIT
            Then just to the left, a woman who was sitting in this weird stool thing on wheels. It looked like a walker, but with a bench across the top.

The stupid lady, however, of course never sat down. No one bothered her because it looked like some kind of handicapped thing, but I don't think it was. I just think it was a portable bench! Rude. If not for her being a obstruction, it would have been a perfect show.

--J.
            Most likely what you have described is a walker and she was some sort of handicapped person. Many of the walkers for people with permanent disabilities has a built in bench. She couldn't sit down because she was physically impaired or getting up would be extremely difficult - thus the built in bench.

Were there some sort of 'handlebars?' If so, that is what it was.

Those are tough situations, they deserve to be able to sit where-ever they want just like any other guest. Hard to tell where rude leaves off and fair begins.

Besides, there are plenty of other rude people to rile against.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

Jonathan: I'm guessing the lady with the stool thing had a genuine disability and it could conceivably have been next to impossible for her to get up if she were to sit on the ground. I have yet to see the person who uses a walker out of laziness.

However, it sounds like you were very near us - you didn't see the couple that never sat down?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I am saddened to see some DL guests are as classless in their demeanor as some of the ones I have encountered at WDW and DLP. Very sad indeed. Kills the magic for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                  Jonathan: I'm guessing the lady with the stool thing had a genuine disability and it could conceivably have been next to impossible for her to get up if she were to sit on the ground. I have yet to see the person who uses a walker out of laziness.

However, it sounds like you were very near us - you didn't see the couple that never sat down?
                  Yeah, it kind of looked that way... but then again I thought, if she can't sit down and she knows it... why did she park herself in the middle of all those people sitting down? She could have been at the back end of the crowd, at the edge of the hub park and had a great view.

I was thinking also when I read your description that you were close by.. but it sounds like you were at the end of Main Street, with the hub park between you and the Castle? I was on the Castle side of the hub... where the street loops directly in front of the Castle. How is the view from there?

--J.
                  --Jonathan

Comment

Two words - Chili Dog (available at Coke Corner)

My dad is "king" of "biological warfare" when it comes to rude people. He can clear a space with NO problem.

Now, this would have been especially effective if the man was standing downwind from you. I once did it to this woman who kept pressing against my back and letting her kid kick me while sitting for Fantasmic. She didn't respect my personal space, so I didn't respect her right to fresh air. Needless to say, she backed up rather abruptly and stayed there too.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                      Two words - Chili Dog (available at Coke Corner)

My dad is "king" of "biological warfare" when it comes to rude people. He can clear a space with NO problem.

Now, this would have been especially effective if the man was standing downwind from you. I once did it to this woman who kept pressing against my back and letting her kid kick me while sitting for Fantasmic. She didn't respect my personal space, so I didn't respect her right to fresh air. Needless to say, she backed up rather abruptly and stayed there too.
                      Good one pumba!
                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
                        Good one pumba!
                        Darn tootin'!! (Pun intended. )
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan
                          What about a nice cattle prod?
                          Oooo Dejavu.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                            Catherine Zeta Jones and David Bowie

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey Girl
                              Not a pointy stick, a cattle prod. Those things pack a wallop.

Yes anything at this point.Will only use on Rude people who get in my way....
                              :crazylegs

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
                                There are no "nice" cattle prods. Just good 'uns!

Well I do need something or i get a lot of use to go to park make a huge line and run everyone over... Like cards in Alice all stacked up. LOL

Comment

Problem with her going to the back of the sitting crowd is that there are always jerks who are sitting but then stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL
                                    Catherine Zeta Jones and David Bowie

LOL hahahahahhaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Druggas,

With your reply to Disneyphile's post your signature took on a new meaning and seemed very appropriate.

That said, I have to say that I've smelled trouble brewing for many weeks with this new fireworks show. To take away public walkways in the Hub and Main Street to create a staging area must've sounded good around the conference tables but in reality it doesn't work. In my 45 years of experiences in the park I have never seen the crowd do anything but stand during the fireworks. I don't know when this sitting idea caught on and was shocked to read about it.

There are bound to be even more tempers flaring as the temperatures rise this summer. Perhaps even a few physical assaults.

While I took a wait and see attitude during the buzz about the new show, I was hoping that they would design the show to be seen from almost anywhere in the park a guest happened to be. I remember being on many attractions during the fireworks and being able to see them clearly and it only added to the magic of the place.

It's probably way too late to make any major changes to the presentation but I'd bet there are some real worries about what horrors those hot summer nights might bring.
                                      Last edited by desertdweller; 05-11-2005, 02:21 PM. Reason: Additional comments
                                      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I just hope evryone can get along.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                                          I think I need a pointy stick to poke people with.When I am on the chair. LOL
                                          How about a cattle prod...
                                          Whoops, just read the WHOLE thread. Guess the cattle prod thing has been mentioned...
                                          Really sorry to hear about the treatment you received CL. Good thing I wasn't there, I have a problem with people being mean to the meek
                                          Charlie :wave:
                                          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X