X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fkurucz
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan-500
    I think when they see mexican's they automatically think ganstars, and druggys.... Don't ask me why, but that's what I belive most of them think when they see a mexican... Quite rude frankly... Disneyland if their home, as much as it is a white mans, black mans, chinese womens, etc. etc.!
    Probably because Hispanics are are unfortunately over-represented in these demographics. And before anyone jumps all over me, I am Hispanic.

Leave a comment:

• fkurucz
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Legs
    I think everyone has the right to go to DISNEYLAND....
    As long as they can afford the admission price.....

Leave a comment:

• PirateJohn
    replied
    Originally posted by Gopher
    ....but if another teenager comes up to me asking "DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB?" I swear I'll smack ya! :devil:
    And I thought I was the only one!

Ugh...

I used to think I could handle anything the park could throw at me until last night when, after thirteen hours and having to work by Rancho del Zocalo during Fantasmic they had to cart me off to the ER. My blood pressure had gone up to 180/120.

Yeah, idiot guests who think they know everything can do that to a person.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    Did tink make it out?

Leave a comment:

• WindPhyreDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Morrigoon
    Went to the park tonight to watch fireworks with CrazyLegs. She scored us an unbelievable location literally in the middle of Main Street in front of the castle. Everyone around was seated in all directions. Except the people 10-12 feet in front of us.

When the fireworks began, several people shouted "down in front" and other requests for them to not block everyone's view. The man in this couple turned and shouted a stream of obscenities not fit even for ME to print (and those of you who know me know there's little I won't say). He threatened violence to a few people nearest him even. It got to the point that someone even shouted, "You can't beat us ALL up!" at him.

I tried to point out that my friend, who uses a wheelchair, did not have the option of standing, so would they please sit. Either they didn't hear me (possible), or they chose to ignore, because they NEVER sat down. Their behavior was so abominable that several strangers gathered after the show (us included) to discuss it and talk about how disgusted and shocked we were to see that kind of behavior.

I mostly feel sorry for their stroller-age kids. They'll have no chance in life with an example that poor being set for them.
    I was at the park yesterday with my brother and we staked out a spot in front of the castle behind the partners statue (for about 2 hours). A cast member had come by telling us all that when the fireworks started that everyone "on the bricks" would need to remain seated. Well of course there were people who didn't "hear" this announcement and remained standing once the fireworks started after numerous requests from everyone in our area to please sit. The next thing I know, everyone in our area begins to stand up because if you sit you can't see. So of course I stand up so I can see and someone had the nerve to throw an aluminum can, opened, with liquid inside of it at me. It hit me in the back, and i was so pissed that people can be so rude. What was I supposed to do sit on the ground and miss the whole thing...I don't think so, but that really spoiled it for me.

Leave a comment:

• Gopher
    replied
    Not to sound racist, prejudice, mean, or rude or anything...

....but if another teenager comes up to me asking "DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB?" I swear I'll smack ya! :devil:

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied
    I think the only "race" to be allowed in DL, is the "race" to the first ride. DL should be for the kids in all of us.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Originally posted by AnotherPixie
    I think it all started here:
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=33830

Then Bush took it here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ion/index.html

And Mexico responds by releasing this:
    http://www.amren.com/mexguide/mexguide.html

Then people don't really investigate things on thier own and quickly find their own judgement to give. I'am not taking sides to start a political debate, I just find the information following the links I've given to be the type of things I hear spoken about when prejudice against Mexican's is happening. Does that answer your question?

I love how you find info you rock.

Leave a comment:

• AnotherPixie
    replied
    Why is it that but especially the Mexicans, who are given SUCH a hard time at Disneyland by judgemental guests???

Just wondering ......
    I think it all started here:
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=33830

Then Bush took it here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ion/index.html

And Mexico responds by releasing this:
    http://www.amren.com/mexguide/mexguide.html

Then people don't really investigate things on thier own and quickly find their own judgement to give. I'am not taking sides to start a political debate, I just find the information following the links I've given to be the type of things I hear spoken about when prejudice against Mexican's is happening. Does that answer your question?

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.DooDah
    No doubt thats tooo funny... :lol:

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mr.DooDah
    replied
    LOl I watched that show the other night with my mom made me think of It.

I can so see Caron (I think his name is)Doing that with his pants......
    No doubt thats tooo funny... :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Yes I do believe he should have gone with the festive white kahkis..
    hmmm.... :lol:

LOl I watched that show the other night with my mom made me think of It.

I can so see Caron (I think his name is)Doing that with his pants......

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    HERE, HERE!

Dineyland for all!!

YES YES
    YES YES

Leave a comment:

• Mr.DooDah
    replied
    Oh MAn Eye will come after him......
    Yes I do believe he should have gone with the festive white kahkis..
    hmmm.... :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Oh MAn Eye will come after him......

Leave a comment:

• AnotherPixie
    replied
    Originally posted by melmel
    I'm sorry, but there is no reason to be racist. I'm of Mexican descent, and I hate it that the only identifyer used in your description is "Mexican"...

No one says, "This tall white mother****er who took stood in our way"

:botox:
    I'm so offended by the lack of fashion sense the guy in the picture has. Blue jeans and no shoes?? This guy needs help. I'm way offended.

:lol:

Leave a comment:

• Mr.DooDah
    replied
    HERE, HERE!

Dineyland for all!!

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    I think when they see mexican's they automatically think ganstars, and druggys.... Don't ask me why, but that's what I belive most of them think when they see a mexican... Quite rude frankly... Disneyland if their home, as much as it is a white mans, black mans, chinese womens, etc. etc.!

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    Why is it that but especially the Mexicans, who are given SUCH a hard time at Disneyland by judgemental guests???

Just wondering ......
    Even my mom said to me, once she got home from her last Twofer venture, "Where the heck are all these MEXICANS getting the money to come here? I mean, it cost us $700 for only the one day in Disneyland, and our family is small compared to some of their groups! And we even brought all out own snacks and drinks." She brought herself, plus five others that day. And I found myself shocked to be asking myself the same question. Where are these lower-income families getting the minimum of $500 per day to come to Disneyland?

I'm figuring they save up for a long long time, or I'm just calling them "low income" when they're really not. But honestly, if you use Spanish in everyday conversation instead of English when you are Hispanic, I consider you of limited English ability, thus less able to make a good wage rate, in a place where English speaking ability is so necessary. I don't know. I guess I'm a little racist too.

But I just wonder where they get all that dang money (I wonder where my MOM gets it too, since our family is single income), I don't make nasty faces at them and insist that they all go back to Mexico like I've heard/seen some guests do.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    I dont know, I have seen it myself first hand and it confuses me. I dont dress like a hood or a cholo (gangbanger). I really have no clue. Maybe because of the language gap. other than that I dont know. :confused:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X