Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Will the people movers come back?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the people movers come back?

I read on Mouseplanet or somewhere that DL is supposedly bringin back the People Movers and are scheduled to reopen in 2008 or something...
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

Yup, Al himself said that. It's still just a rumor, not confirmed yet.

Comment

sweet..hmm, i hope they do, i wanna see what its like..
      We're addicted to Disney

Comment

It is currently under consideration...

Comment

i never even went on rocket rods...i always wanted to, but i remembered the line always being so long, but, it'd be awesome
          We're addicted to Disney

Comment

I never went on the Rocket Rods. I hated the idea when I first saw the concept art, I hated the rods when I saw them on tv, and I hated the fact that when they closed Disney didnt do anything with the track. Thanks for nothing Pre$$ler!

Comment

hah, The rocket rods were a great idea, they had much more plans to make the more fun, more fast, and much more eficient. There was even supposed to be awsome effects in the tunnels... but.... Pressler cut the budget. I still really liked rocket rods.. but they could have been better and still working to this day!

Comment

I think it is possible the PM will come back but, only time will tell!
                The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

My problem with the "rocket rods" from day 1 is that they didnt make any sense whatsoever. I mean they didnt fit into the victorian theme, they didnt fit into the future theme, and they sure as hell didnt fit into Ei$ner's "Montana" theme. On top of that they were nothing more than an outdoor version of Space Mountain.

Comment

It would be nice to see the PM track being in use. Right now it's just this huge thing in the middle of the walkway that has no USE whatsoever. The idea of an Autopia-like attraction on the PM track would be good. It was nice to wave to people in the PeopleMovers, anyway.
                    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                      hah, The rocket rods were a great idea, they had much more plans to make the more fun, more fast, and much more eficient. There was even supposed to be awsome effects in the tunnels... but.... Pressler cut the budget. I still really liked rocket rods.. but they could have been better and still working to this day!
                      not just pressler

GM promised to pay half of the costs for building the ride I believe

GM chose to back out of the deal and thus the budget was cut in half (no idea what else Pressler cut after that though)
                      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                        My problem with the "rocket rods" from day 1 is that they didnt make any sense whatsoever. I mean they didnt fit into the victorian theme, they didnt fit into the future theme, and they sure as hell didnt fit into Ei$ner's "Montana" theme. On top of that they were nothing more than an outdoor version of Space Mountain.
                        they were cool looking cars of the future and they went very fast (since people believe we'll be driving faster in the future which I find to be totaly innacurate but whatever)

they matched the future theme but they didn't match the victorian future that never was theme

the rocket rods were ok but yeah badly executed and it didn't match the story they were preaching about what the lands new theme was
                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Do you think they will bring back the TRON tunnel?

Also, why did they get rid of the tron tunnel in the first place, it would have looked very cool for rocket rods.
                          Beautify Yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Derekuda
                            Do you think they will bring back the TRON tunnel?
                            Ooh, I hope so. And I'm all for bringing the PeopleMover back! Why not?
                            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok yes. rocket rods sucked butt.. it was somewhat fun to ride a bore at times.. lines that went for days...I can say it in my honest opinion it was a sucessful failure..The succesfully built a new attraction on an old attraction but failed to do enough research that it destroyed itself. Im hoping they will bring the people mover back and once again put some movement into tommorowland. I still cant stand the rockets and that ball spinner. I think its an eye sore and causes such a bottle neck into tommorowland. The brown rocks or whatever theyre suppose to be would be cool if they were cyrstal looking. But im getting of the topic.. Yes bring back peoplemover!!
                              We rock the party that rocks the party!
                              We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X