This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Other" Magic Kingdom Attractions

Which of these current attractions from other Magic Kingdom parks would u like to see come to Disneyland?

1) Mickey's PhilarMagic

2) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

3) The Hall of Presidents

4) Stitch's Great Escape

5) The Mickey Mouse Revue

6) The Timekeeper

7) Space Mountain: Mission 2

8) The Barnstormer

9) The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

10) Pooh's Hunny Hunt (totally different version)
    Mickey's PhilarMagic
    26.73%
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril
    8.91%
    The Hall of Presidents
    9.90%
    Stitch's Great Escape
    2.97%
    The Mickey Mouse Revue
    8.91%
    Space Mountain: Mission 2
    8.91%
    The Barnstormer
    1.98%
    The Timekeeper
    5.94%
    The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    2.97%
    Pooh's Hunny Hunt (totally different version)
    22.77%

The poll is expired.

"Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
    Which of these current attractions from other Magic Kingdom parks would u like to see come to Disneyland?

1) Mickey's PhilarMagic

2) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

3) The Hall of Presidents

4) Stitch's Great Escape

6) The Timekeeper

7) Space Mountain: Mission 2

8) The Barnstormer

9) The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

I haven't heard anything particuarly overwhelmingly good about any of these attractions, except that Space Mountain Mission 2 has really amazing special effects. But, from what I understand we're getting similar effects here when our Space re-opens.
    I would like to get Pooh's Hunny Hunt over here to replace our Winnie the Pooh ride. But we all know that probably won't happen.
    And is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril pretty much just another Indiana Jones Adventure ride like what we have?
    And a lot of people say Mickey's Phillaharmagic is good, and I wouldn't be suprised if that was added into Mickey's Toon Town somehow soon or to DCA in the future...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

1) Mickey's PhilarMagic Not really interested in this one

2) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril HELL NO!

3) The Hall of Presidents Not interested in this one

4) Stitch's Great Escape HELL NO!

5) The Mickey Mouse Revue Not interested in this one

6) The Timekeeper

7) Space Mountain: Mission 2 Not interested in this one

8) The Barnstormer Not interested in this one

9) The Magic Carpets of Aladdin Not Interested in this one

10) Pooh's Hunny Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
        And is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril pretty much just another Indiana Jones Adventure ride like what we have?
        It's a backwards roller coaster.

Comment

Barnstormer would be better suited for DCA see my "Saving the Farm(http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1041)" thread

otherwise I'd say that of course Pooh should be upgraded to Hunny Hunt and Mr Lincoln would be good if he were updated to Hall of Presidents maybe

or they could use the Operah house for Philiharmagic and move Lincoln into Liberty Street just off of mainstreet and create another path to the hub to deviate onto when the park is uber croweded

or Philiharmagic can go in at Toontown as an operah house like some people have said before
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I voted for these three:
            Originally posted by DL_CRAZE

1) Mickey's PhilarMagic
            I chose them because I loved PhilarMagic and I never got to see the MM revue. I would love to see more of Mickey in his first home too! I also chose the Hunny Hunt because the current cut and paste version of what FL has isn't working for us now. I feel some real improvement could be made. Or at least allow Pooh's "best" friend to give him a present for his birthday at the end! (Yes, I mean Piglet.)

Comment

Oh, and The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management would be another choice but im sure nobody would want that.
              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

There are some notes about these rides. I have seen some of them at least. Mickey's PhilarMagic features Donald Duck more than it does Mickey. It has fantastic smells, but the characters are CG drawn and not hand drawn. I have mixed feelings. I think we can do better. Clones tend to be less than the original.

Timekeeper is fun because of Robbin Williams. Other than that, it is another movie. A movie that looks back to Jules Verne. It is run only intimately at WDW. I am not sure why because it seems like a pretty cheap attraction, one AA and a film.

We could have a much better Pooh ride. WDW is very well done. I don't like it in Critter Country. It should be in Fantasyland, or Toon Town, or DCA. DCA needs attractions for whole families. We can just put it in the Hollywood section since any movie themed ride would fit there.

Stitch's Escape sinks both in fact and in quality. Magic Carpets is just another Dumbo ride without the ears. Hall of Presidents is great in a land called Liberty Square, but would not be a couple draw at Disneyland.

Another Indy Ride would be great. I love the one we have, but do we really need two? Cannot we have an adventure ride without repeating the same theme?

I still hope for new, original rides and attractions that HAVE NOT already been tried successfully or unsuccessfully anywhere else. I think that Walt would be much more creative if he was still around.

Comment

Can someone give a description of each of these attractions?? I've never been to MK, so it makes it difficult to say.... I know I CAN say I'd rather have a brand new attraction that only DL has, though.
                  Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                  Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                  May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Mickey's PhilarMagic is a 3-D film including Disney CGI animated characters

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril is an Indy themed roller coaster with a loop.

The Hall of Presidents is a little similar to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln except with every President on stage.

Stitch's Great Escape is an attraction where u feel 4-D affects from Stitch being let loose.

The Mickey Mouse Revue ia an audio animatronic musical with a huge cast of Disney animated characters.

The Timekeeper is a Circle-Vision film with an audio-animatronic host played by Robin Williams.

Space Mountain: Mission 2 is a Space Mountain with great futuristic effects and loops.

The Barnstormer is similar to Gadget's Go Coaster but themed differently to Goofy's barn.

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is like Dumbo, only Aladdin-ified with magic carpets.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt is agreat quality Pooh ride that just craps on ours.

Comment

I said Hunny Hunt.
                      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

"Hall of Presidents"? Booooring. No need to prvide anasthetic at the door.

Comment

Isn't Everest supposed to go both forwards AND backwards? I think in that case, I'll wait and see before advocating the Indy coaster.

And I'm all in favor of using Hunny Hunt in many various incarnations. I don't think we should use it to tell a Pooh story though.

If I were to "borrow" attractions, I'd probably skip MKs and choose from among the following:
                          TTA
                          Livin with the Land
                          *Maelstrom (first choice)
                          GMR
                          Primeval Whirl

I'll have to visit the other parks before deciding what else I'd like to see here.

But yes, the primary consideration is creating rides unique to DLR, even if they use ride technology from other attractions.
                          See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                          78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Why do the percentages in the poll above equal like 200%?
                            WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

I would also like to add Raging Spirits to that list. It looks pretty cool.

But I voted for Pooh's Hunny Hunt (TDL Version). I know people who despise the Pooh character who loved the ride.

And I was actually surprised they didn't add a Vekoma Roller Scater (Barnstormer, Gadget's Go Coaster) to a Bug's land when it opened. They are rather inexpensive and they are crowd pleasers. Plus it's another Coaster Credit!!!

Comment

I LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic. Donald so totally rules. It should be called Donald's Philharmagic since the whole show revolves around him!

Yooo hooooo! :lol: I love it!
                                "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." --Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

My votes go to:

-Pooh Hunny Hunt.

and..

-Mickey's Philharmagic (even though it really should be called 'Donald's Philharmagic')

Comment

I chose all of them just because in my books, all new rides are good hehehe

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                    ~

Comment

PhilharMagic totally--fantastic show! It's called Mickey's PhilharMagic because it's his "PhilharMagic orchestra", not Donald's. Donald just takes over.
                                      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

What is the Aladdin one? I want to vote Hall of Presidents because of its association with the "Debbie Downer" skit on SNL..

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X