This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAL snow at Disneyland?

Since it's starting to get into the Holiday season, does anyone know if it has ever snowed at Disneyland before? Or if there are any pictures of it? (And not the bubble soap snow after fireworks)

Re: REAL snow at Disneyland?

Not that I've ever heard of, but maybe someone who lives in SoCal would know more
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

nope, I do not beleive it ever has, nor ever will.

Comment

Snow in Southern California is probably about as likely as snow here in the Sydney city area, but stranger things have happened.

Christmas Day (our summer) does usually see ash floating about from rampant bushfires...
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

well on 90 degree days(like yesterday) you only hope and pray it will snow!

Comment

I doubt its ever snowed in the last few decades in Anaheim, but here in Palos Verdes (about 20 mins away) we get hail and snow every few years

Comment

hmmmm...maybe...i heard there was a minitaure tornado once (it think in tomorrowland)!

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

Well...it snowed real snow once at Disneyland.

But it was real man-made snow.

Though it was the real frozen water type snow, however.

I can't recall what year, but it was a long time ago for a Holiday Coka Cola commercial. They had plugged all the storm drains down Main Street and placed dams at two ends. They then had an outfit that did portable ice skating rinks and such install all their tubing down Main Street. Finally they filled the street with water and flipped the switch. Don't know how long it took but they ended up with a frozen "pond" right down the middle of Main Street and had the characters ice skating for the commercial.

And that's where the snow came in. You would have thought they would have used artificial flakes or something, but they actually had snow making machines and blew real snow off the roofs for the times the cameras were rolling. Guess they were worried or knew the artificial kind would create goo on the ice rink. Melted almost before it hit the ground, of course...but good enough for the cameras.

They did have some static artificial styrofoam snow banks and flocking effects around the sides and in the backgrounds and such.

And that's the night it snowed real (sorta) snow at Disneyland.

Was a great commercial BTW. Perhaps someone can locate it on youtube or somewhere? I tried to google but couldn't find anything on it because my search keywords where too common I guess and was getting hundreds of results that weren't related.

Comment

Living in So Cal myself, not so far from Disneyland, i'd have to say the closest thing is the VERY few minutes of hail while raining. Everyone was so excited to see hail - classes stopped for like 15 minutes waiting to see if more hail would come.

Comment

It does during December in the Mountains by LA though!
                    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                    -August 2nd 2010

Comment

In the years since Disneyland opened, it has snowed twice in the greater Los Angeles area.

The first was in January of 1957 and the second in January of 1962 both snowfalls were trace amounts ( < 0.3 inches).
                      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

wat, its snowed in Palos Verdes? Maybe like 90 years ago, but i dont think its snowed while ive been alive. But it does hail, and sometimes the hail is so small that it seems like snow.

Comment

Isn't the coastal area and a little farther in of California moving north about 1 inch a year? I remember hearing something like that from one of my physics teachers. You know the geek kind of professor that tells you how the moon is slowly getting farther away from us. So give it some time and we'll have real snow...lol
                          My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                            It does during December in the Mountains by LA though!
                            Even down at the foot of those mountains sometimes. I was at the San Dimas Post Office once, and they have huge color photos of the town just covered in snow, from a storm I think in the 1970's.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                              Even down at the foot of those mountains sometimes. I was at the San Dimas Post Office once, and they have huge color photos of the town just covered in snow, from a storm I think in the 1970's.
                              Cool!:ccool:
                              Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                              "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                              -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                              -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X