• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TotoMarvs
    Banned User
    • Nov 2006

Renovation of Star Tours?

Well, me and my friends decided to go to DLR afterschool one day, just to ride a couple rides and just hang out. We went on Star Tours and instead of going into the right, we hung back and started talking with the CM there. He started telling us about some "secret" renovation plans for Star Tours. I have no clue if this is true or not, if he was just screwing with us, but this is what he told me...

Star Tours will have a new plot, one example was when you are exiting the docking station in your cruiser, you see the cruiser in front of you and notice it's being piloted by Captain Rex, and you see him take that infamous wrong left turn.

Plans for screens to be installed on the doors on both sides, as if they were windows, so instead of action just being in front of you, it would also be on your sides.

Something about different versions of plots, one including heading to Tatooine and joining in a pod race.

This got me excited, i'm just thinking it might be false because i have never heard about any renovations. Anyone know of any truths to this?
  • barfownz
    Legend
    • Nov 2005

Re: Renovation of Star Tours?

^^ If this would be true, then Star tours would accually be worth riding!

They should atleast enhance the quality on it.

Comment

• penguinsoda
      Jester of Randomness
      MiceChat Moderator
      • Jan 2005

I haven't heard anything for sure but the ride does need some serious upgrading. I love Star Tours, its one of my favorite attractions but even I think it has become horribly dated.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• elly
        Don't diss my bonnet
        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
        • Aug 2006

:yea: WOW! IF its true, we all know some CMs like to feed guests false info to get rumours started, i'm going to be WAY super stoked! Altho i'd love to see a trip to Hoth and have the AC pumped WAY up in the sims so you get very chilly while there
        Will there be screams when the sun sets,
        -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
        elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
        Originally posted by pratt55
        Elly is adorkable.

Comment

• cpdisneyprincess
          Oh my Goodness!
          • Mar 2006

That would be so totally awesome if that were true. I'm not holding my breath - but it would be cool. I do remember around the time of the release of Ep.III George Lucas made some cryptic statment at the offical Fan Gathering about an update of Star Tours - but George does like to talk big (HELLO Indy 4!!!)
          It is sad how that ride has gone - last time I rode you could hear all sorts of things rolling around under the floor when ever everything moved. That ride is what made me a Star Wars Junkie (i know a little backwards - but hey I like doing things - differently...)

Comment

• MaleficentFan
            It's a dead man's party!
            • Jan 2006

^ At Celebration III, right? I was there and he mentioned they would eventually update it, but who really knows.

But didn't someone recently report they saw on the Star Tours screen that it said, "More destinations coming soon..." Or has that always been there? I wouldn't know since I refuse to wait more than 5 minutes for that ride.
            Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

• iheartdisneyland
              I LOVE Disneyland :)
              • Nov 2006

I also heard that Lucas was going to help update the ride. I hope it's true!! I do love that ride, but like others I never wait that long for it. I did read in another post that someone that went to WDI said tomorrowland was looking at some great improvments! So we can all hope!:yea:

Comment

• cpdisneyprincess
                Oh my Goodness!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MaleficentFan View Post
                ^ At Celebration III, right? I was there and he mentioned they would eventually update it, but who really knows.

But didn't someone recently report they saw on the Star Tours screen that it said, "More destinations coming soon..." Or has that always been there? I wouldn't know since I refuse to wait more than 5 minutes for that ride.
                You were at Celebration III?? Lucky Duck.

I think the "More destinations coming soon..." thing either has always been there or has been there for a while as a part of the tour/airlines type ad themeing in the front part of the line.

I would love to see them add Hoth and Tattoine and maybe Naboo or something...it's be fun to have it random everytime.

But that is all probably pipe dreams anyway...

Comment

• Saddlesore Swanson
                  • Jan 2006

If it's true, I'll thank the maker. I really hope so. The podrace thing has been mentioned many times in a possible Star Tours update, even by Lucas himself I believe.

Perhaps this is the E-ticket hook-up that Circarama was referring to in his WDI trip report ... ?
                  Magic Journeys...

Comment

• mrmainstreet
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2005

Peoplemover returning, and additional flights on Star Tours are probably some of the most common rumors. They have been going on for years, and take many different forms. It doesn't mean that they won't happen. But like the boy who cried wolf, its difficult to get worked up about something that has failed to materialize for the same number of years.
                    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

• SplashMoun10
                      Picturing the Magic
                      • Sep 2006

sounds like a good idea as long as they still keep the old version of the ride as an option to ride to

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

• Melonballer
                        Shablagoo!
                        • May 2005

I think that if we are going to see anything soon, it will be announced at Celebration 4 in LA. That's where I would do it.

Comment

• DLandFansAZ
                          .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .
                          MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                          • Jul 2005

There is always hope, come on how long did we wait until they finally added the loop to Pirates.
                          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

• Saddlesore Swanson
                            • Jan 2006

I do like the twist that in the new version that you'd see the StarSpeeder 3000 make its bad left hand turn right in front of you ... If it happens, that will be the New Star Tours tribute to the old one, a la this thread.
                            Magic Journeys...

Comment

• Rtoups
                              Hola!
                              • Jul 2006

well George Lucas announced that they were planning to renovate Star Tours and make it a pod racing related journey.....BUT he announced this for the one at MGM studios. So im not sure if they will do one here.

Comment

• aaronpaulcustoms
                                YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!
                                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
                                sounds like a good idea as long as they still keep the old version of the ride as an option to ride to
                                NO DOUBT!!! YEAH!!! YOU KNOW IT!:yea:

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                                For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

• Walt Jr.
                                  It's all about Theme!
                                  • Aug 2006

Probably won't happen. There are so many rumors like this.
                                  Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                                  "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                                  -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                                  -August 2nd 2010

Comment

• Wolffin
                                    A Disneyland Hobo
                                    • Mar 2006

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I would love to see it updated. I fell in love with that ride on our last trip to the park in March. I think it would be awesome if it were to be updated, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• paradigm4
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Oct 2006

As everyone else has said, as great as Star Tours is, it is definately dated. I love the idea of having a few different locations chosen at random.
                                      - Paul

Comment

• mrfantasmic
                                        • Jan 2005

David Koenig reported on this once... check the other site's archives for more information on this idea. If I remember correctly, it was almost exactly that.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X