• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for a foreigner's first time

Thanks for any tips or suggestions!
    ><> just call me n8 <><

Re: Tips for a foreigner's first time

yeah, visit It's A Small World. No matter how old anyone is, the first time going there usually amazes people because of the sheer size and number of moving chuckie dolls.

With that said, ride every single ride that you can, don't skip any, even if you think it's lame. If you don't go on one of those rides, they will kind of regret not going, because you don't know how long it will be before he gets to go to the parks again.

Comment

Yeah. As part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion both 'Honorary Citizen' AND '1st Visit Buttons' are widley available. Sadly there is no Ukrainian translation of the park maps. I've searched the various languages (tried to get a souvenir for some Russians back home, didn't work) and it isn't one.
      Otherwise, frankly it depends on his interests. Come to the park, take a tour is he pleases. But otherwise just take him through the park and experience the classis Disney attractions:
      Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Indy, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, anything on the RoA, Big Thunder, small world (I know he's 16, but still- you must, tradition), Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Star Tours. See a parade, watch Fantasmic!, and watch the fireworks. Plus, just plain wander around enjoy the sights and sounds of incredible themeing, remark on the atmosphere characters roaming around and the ambient background music. For a first time, a stay of 2 or 3 days is prefered so you are not so rushed and can see shows (like Billy Hill) and such.
      The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Good tips so far - thanks! I totally forgot about IASW. That is the ultimate foreign ambassador.

Where can you get the pins? City Hall, I presume?

I'm looking forward to taking him to some of the musty attractions I don't go to anymore like HISTA. He has never seen a 3-D movie before, much less one with fake mice freaking you out.
        ><> just call me n8 <><

Comment

don't forget Its Tought To Be A Bug over at DCA, that should trip him out
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by 33 reject View Post
            Good tips so far - thanks! I totally forgot about IASW. That is the ultimate foreign ambassador.

Where can you get the pins? City Hall, I presume?

I'm looking forward to taking him to some of the musty attractions I don't go to anymore like HISTA. He has never seen a 3-D movie before, much less one with fake mice freaking you out.
            City Hall will have them. So will actually most stores at this point.
            The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Yes, I believe City Hall is the place to get those buttons.

I suggest going on the Mark Twain and asking a CM if he can be a co-pilot. And when you get on Indiana Jones, kinda feel the scene out to see if the people on the mics are having fun that day so you can tell them it's his first experience on the ride. I know they make birthday announcements on that ride, so maybe they'll do a "1st visit" announcement for him. Just a thought.
              Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

Wow. It sounds like this kid is going to have a blast!

I've always wanted to do something like that with some of my young cousins who have never been to the park and are not likely to visit it any time soon. I always thought about blindfolding them and putting earphones on them. I'd lead them onto one of the center, elevated platforms of the train station and do the reveal. Their first sight would be straight down Main Street with the castle at the end. They're REALLY into the Disney Princesses, so the castle would be the icing on the cake.
                Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

First off ... this sounds awesome. You guys are sure to have an awesome time.

Second, I thought the band Foreigner was going to Disneyland. LOL!!!

Just make sure he isn't "Hot Blooded".

Comment

Tell us how the trip goes! I'm really curious on how he reacts! That is one of my favorite things. To see a first timer experience the magic! It's such a great feeling, especially when you have the honor of taking them around! I'm so excited for you! :0)
                    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone! I will have to write a mini-report after I get back on 11/19. If anyone happens to bump into us at the park on Friday or Saturday, feel free to say hello to us. I'm sure you'll recognize him by the ear-to-ear smile, the thick russian sounding accent, and a first-timer pin.
                      ><> just call me n8 <><

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X