This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Tours travel postcards

Don't recall seeing these sold recently in Tomorrowland but found two of mine this evening:

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Star Tours travel postcards

Wow!! I haven't seen those in years!!

Comment

Those are awesome!

I don't know why for like 15+ years I have been calling Bespin the City in the Clouds. D'oh.

Comment

Originally posted by adormouse View Post
        Those are awesome!

I don't know why for like 15+ years I have been calling Bespin the City in the Clouds. D'oh.
        Well...because in the movie they say "Bespin - City in the Clouds" It's like "Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth (or nowadays - Where Dreams SOrta Come True...)"

I still have my travel postcards - love those. Always wanted the old posters they had for Hoth and Bespin ect. that were in the exit. Before they put the weird Engergizer Posters up.

Comment

those are soo cool! i bet those will be collecters if they keep changing Star Tours!
          Angels Fan, born and raised.
          Come on you Galaxy.

Comment

I have those. I think the trip I got them it was one of the few things I wanted to purchase.

Comment

Those postcards are really cool. It's really a shame that the current postcard offerings in the park seem pretty generic. It seems like it wouldn't be very difficult or expensive for DL to offer more postcards like these (in the sense that they are both interesting and specific) for all of the rides/lands.
              Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
              WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
              :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

I had poster versions of Tatooine and Endor that I bought in the summer of 1987, right after Star Tours opened. They got increasingly more damaged over the years through moves, etc. Would love to have 'em back (the whole set, actually).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRider View Post
                  I had poster versions of Tatooine and Endor that I bought in the summer of 1987, right after Star Tours opened. They got increasingly more damaged over the years through moves, etc. Would love to have 'em back (the whole set, actually).

I was actually looking for those on ebay sometime last year and if you actually find an auction, they don't go for very cheap at all!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    I was actually looking for those on ebay sometime last year and if you actually find an auction, they don't go for very cheap at all!
                    Don't I know it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adormouse View Post
                      Those are awesome!

Because Bespin was the 'system' and Cloud City was the city's actual name.

Comment

Very cool! Am I mistaken or did they put the poster versions back up? I thought they took down the Energizer ones recently.
                        <o>

Comment

those are amazing! thanks for sharing them with us!!
                          I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Those posters have always been up. They've been in the rarely used outer room of the queue for years. They might have been moved to the exit now that Energizer's no longer the sponsor, I don't know.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X