This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splash Mountain's Refurb

Does anyone know the exact dates for this winter's refurbishment of Splash Mountain?
    I know it's scheduled for downtime from late January on, but did not know the up-date.
    Also, if anyone knows the specifics of what they're doing in there during the refurb, that would be helpful.
    Thanks, everyone!

Re: Splash Mountain's Refurb

I assume the refurb is just a normal refurb. Fixing/replacing broken aspects of the ride, deep cleaning everything, switching out lights and speakers, etc... I doubt we'll see any new characters or scenes, just everything working.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

As of right now, Splash Mountain is scheduled to be down for refurb January 23 to May 4, 2007. As usual, things may change between now and January.

Comment

really? can they keep one of the most popular rides down during holidays like the presidents weekend and especially SPRING BREAK!!! to many ppl will be coming to the park. with that ride down, the other mtns lines' are gonna be chaotic
        Angels Fan, born and raised.
        Come on you Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
          As of right now, Splash Mountain is scheduled to be down for refurb January 23 to May 4, 2007. As usual, things may change between now and January.
          Wow, really? That's a pretty long refurb...

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
            Wow, really? That's a pretty long refurb...
            That is very long. When I visited last time, Splash Mountain was down from January to mid-March to put in new boats, which is a pretty big change. I wonder what on earth they are doing?

Comment

I can't imagine anything that could make that ride more perfect than it already is. The only thing that could improve it for me is if they ran you through it twice. Just sail right through the loading/unloads zone, I'd love that! So if it's just a refurb, that is a really long one.
              "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Comment

[quote=mrfantasmic;Also, if anyone knows the specifics of what they're doing in there during the refurb, that would be helpful.
                [/quote]

They are taking out the showboat and putting in The Blaxk Pearl, and you wil be following the exploits of a pirate named Jack Sparrow. At the end, you're going straight to Davy Jones' Locker.

Comment

Why is Splash having a refurb?

Comment

Originally posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
                    They are taking out the showboat and putting in The Blaxk Pearl, and you wil be following the exploits of a pirate named Jack Sparrow. At the end, you're going straight to Davy Jones' Locker.
                    Oh yeah... and they're putting in a loop.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Have you been on splash in the recent month? It needs a major re furb bad! All of the characters look matted almost all of the time the AA's are out of sync or just not working. I have seen these things happen too often recently. So it need to be fixed up a bit.
                      The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Have you been on splash in the recent month? It needs a major re furb bad! All of the characters look matted almost all of the time the AA's are out of sync or just not working. I have seen these things happen too often recently. So it need to be fixed up a bit.
                        And the Owl at the end IS working along with your on-screen photo.

Comment

this is the regularly scheduled refurb, just like matterhorn. the awesome part is that I hear canoes wont be open daily during this period, so they are expecting people to cross that bridge just for winnie the pooh.

haha

Comment

Originally posted by aenobarbe View Post
                            this is the regularly scheduled refurb, just like matterhorn. the awesome part is that I hear canoes wont be open daily during this period, so they are expecting people to cross that bridge just for winnie the pooh.

haha
                            Or to meet Winnie the Pooh, or to go shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Oh, well yes I have, and I KNOW how bad it's getting. I assumed that it was a regular refurb, but I saw it was so long and wondered if it was just really extensive.
                              It appears that is so, and that's a good thing for the future of the ride. So many pieces of it are out of wack, and it will be good to have it back.
                              But nearly 4 months? Wow.
                              I'll have to renew my AP by the time it's done.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X