This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolly Holiday time

What are the can't miss, only out in Christmas time things for you?

For me it's all about the fudge. I didn't care for the egg nog but the Pumkin fudge is the most heavenly christmas treat in the world. Nothing can match it.
    I've heard that there's tamales but I've never seen them. I would REALLY like help finding them.
    Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

Re: Jolly Holiday time

The show that they project on IASW at night with the lights and stuff is pretty impressive.

Edit:
    Here is a video to give a visual:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W59C_to2fw
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 11-10-2006, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetkitten View Post
      I've heard that there's tamales but I've never seen them. I would REALLY like help finding them.
      Tamales can usually be found at an ODV cart by the red corn dog truck and across from the Mark Twain entrance (near the Fronteirland walkway.)
      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

The tree and how they decorate IASW.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I look forward to cooler weather and everyone just seems to be calmer and not as stressed. IDK why...maybe it's me, but I can handle crowds alot better when it's cooler out and the decorations seem to make everyone happy and it just seemd everyone has more patience and are more kind to each other.

Comment

The candy canes. I can never seem to get any though. This year I'm on a mission!

IASWH, I love the Christmas version of this attraction. The outside is just amazing to me when it's all lit up. So I'll add the lighting ceremony as part of my "must do" things.

Of course there is also the parade and fireworks.

So much to see and do.....I love this time of year!

Comment

The tree. Decorations. Everyone getting in the holiday spirit. I agree w/ SCUBAbe, too - everyone seems to be happier, even with bigger holiday crowds.

I just love Christmas - such a magical time of year.
              She did it!

Comment

I am going to have A LOT of the Honey Popcorn that they sell over in Critter Country. What is it about seasonal foods that make one crave them? The pleasant holiday association or is it the scarcity the rest of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post
                  The candy canes. I can never seem to get any though. This year I'm on a mission!
                  Go in the candy store and ask when they will be making them. They sell out immediately. I think they only make them on select Saturdays. I can't believe I pay $8 for a candy cane each year, but I do. It's tradition. :ap:
                  Last edited by SusieP.; 11-10-2006, 11:32 AM.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post
                    I'll add the lighting ceremony as part of my "must do" things.
                    Absolutely. I saw it first time last year and started blubbering, it was so beautiful (not just the lights - be there for the ceremony - that's important). It's top of my list now, and while I'll always make plans to go to DL at some point during the holidays.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                      Go in the candy store and ask when they will be making them. They sell out immediately. I think they only make them on select Saturdays. I can't believe I pay $8 for a candy can each year, but I do. It's tradition. :ap:
                      Thank you for the advice! I've been trying for three years to get some but I'm never at the right place at the right time. Now that we live down here it may be easier. In the past I was limited to my 5 day vacation. Not anymore.

Comment

The snow after the fireworks show with "I'm dreaming of a White Xmas" song playing always brings a lump to my throat.

Comment

The Christmas Fireworks w/ Snow - for sure. And IASW - outside and inside. It's soo pretty. Just seeing the park all dressed up - we normally don't make it till after Christmas these days - but it still feels like Christmas was lacking if I don't make it at least once for Christmas at DLR

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            The show that they project on IASW at night with the lights and stuff is pretty impressive.
                            Yeah, that was my favorite part of last year's holiday season! I liked to hang out in front there, just to see it.

Comment

You all have me excited this will be my first Christmas Trip to disneyland in December!
                              Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
                              ‚Äč

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X