This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I'd seen it all....

As a CM walking backstage because of the crowded nature of tonight, they had the backstage open for guests to leave or go into the park for overflow so people won't get over crowded.

Well walking near that overflow way I saw of all things an ODV cart just sitting there by the line hawking their wares.

All I could think was "leave the people alone till they at least get on stage again!"

Who in the world thought that was cool to do that?

I mean, I know that's kind of a captive audience, but still.

Have some respect.

I wasn't cool with that.

Bye.

Re: Thought I'd seen it all....

Sorry, what's ODV?

Comment

Out Door Vending.The carts that sell stuff like the flashing necklaces and light up roses
      Originally posted by LlamaLover
      Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

Comment

Who Cares!! Get over it

Comment

Originally posted by disneyohno View Post
          Who Cares!! Get over it
          I have to agree. It's not like they were being rude or anything.

Comment

Well, when the place was congested enough to necessitate the opening of backstage areas for crowd control, maybe it would have been a good idea to NOT have an ODV cart right there, since it takes up space itself, and if someone buys something, a line forms which makes congestion all the worse.
            There are PLENTY of shops along Main Street to buy shiny light-up stuffthat do not add to the congestion out on the street, there is really no need for an ODV cart there. I agree with Gumby.
            The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Who Cares!! Get over it
              wow !

Comment

Who Cares!! Get over it
                Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                wow !
                Double wow!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

I love it when it is so crowded that we have to go backstage to exit. Did they take people around and send them back into Main Street near the hat shop where the parades start and end?
                  Disneyland Passholder Since The Dawn of Annual Passes.
                  SHRIMPBOATCAPTAIN on vmk

Comment

Interesting. I would have never thought that would be done. I would think that the idea would be that when they have to use the backstage area for crowd control, the main priority would be to get you back onstage.

Oh yeah and TRIPLE WOW!
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Who Cares!! Get over it
                      Nice.

I would think that the goal here would be to get these people out of the backstage area asap. Trying to make a buck and hence slowing down the traffic seems wrong to me as well. It just smacks of Disney trying to get their hands in your pockets all the way back to your car.

Surprising that management hasn't installed odv carts in Mickey and Friends yet. They could make a killing. (I can see it now...Mickey Mouse jumper cables, slim jims, air fresheners, floor mats...)

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                        Nice.

I would think that the goal here would be to get these people out of the backstage area asap. Trying to make a buck and hence slowing down the traffic seems wrong to me as well. It just smacks of Disney trying to get their hands in your pockets all the way back to your car.

Surprising that management hasn't installed odv carts in Mickey and Friends yet. They could make a killing. (I can see it now...Mickey Mouse jumper cables, slim jims, air fresheners, floor mats...)
                        I agree and what if they put some of those carts at the tram load right after the fireworks?
                        -Jack :geek:
                        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

...And you didn't take photos!?

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                            :lol: Don't give them any ideas, they're doing fine on their own.
                            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

[quote=localdisnyfan;1100520}

Surprising that management hasn't installed odv carts in Mickey and Friends yet. They could make a killing. (I can see it now...Mickey Mouse jumper cables, slim jims, air fresheners, floor mats...)[/quote]

I'm still laughing at the thought of an ODV cart selling auto-related Disney merchandise at the parking structure. The air fresheners are a particularly good idea. They could be shaped like characters, and each character could have a unique scent.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X