Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DL close it's doors to public for special group events??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL close it's doors to public for special group events??

I work for a national retailer and my supervisor recently told me on the years the company holds it's anual convention in Anaheim they arange to have DL open one day ONLY for the company and it's invited guests. This sounded a bit strange to me, unless it's after normal operating hours like Grad Night. Will Disney close it's parks to the general public for corporations? I know DL was closed on May 4 for media day but that was an unusual event. And by the way, these conventions are held in August which is a peak period for park crowds. Please shed some light on this for me.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

No, that won't and doesn't happen. They do private parties in the off season after the park closes, but they would never close the park for a whole day for something like that.
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

right...they made such a big deal about the closing last week being one of the only times DL ever closed to the public (did it close after 9/11 like WDW did? I'm guessing so)
      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes they did close on 9/11. I have been there one night during xmas when there was a private party. I think the park closed at 8 that night. There were army men, and a big tub to donate toys. We tried asking some Cm's what was going on, and their trained responce was of course, "Private Party." Grrr at them sometimes.
        sigpic
        Elsa's and Anna's
        Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I remember those private parties ~ Shriner's Night; Gas Co. Night...we thought we were somthin' to attend those events! And, I remember when Disneyland would close early on New Year's Eve and have a special party for anyone willing to pay the $30 for the special ticket...this was way before APs, though.
            ....it all began with a Mouse...

Comment

hmmm....this happens sometimes at DCA when we have HUGE corporate parties like Microsoft or Peoplesoft. They'll close the park at 6pm on a friday instead of 8pm to have a private party. This NEVER happens at DL though...except for May 4th.
              -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
              -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
              --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

I'm not sure when it happens, but I'm pretty sure it does once in a while...
                My first time to Disneyland was on a night like that. My grandmother worked for Rockwell International, now Boeing, and we went on a company night. Also, I have a lot of relative who are in the Fire Department and they have nights like that often.
                My mind won't rest
                and I don't sleep
                Not even in my dreams...
                -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                1985-2005

Comment

I've done many private events at the park over the years and taking over the entire park isn't possible. We've done private luncheons at Tahitian Terrace and Plaza Pavillion, receptions in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon and cocktail/hors d'ouerves in Festival of Fools.

Disney has also used the foyer in the Opera House for V.I.P. receptions for events such as Candlelight.
                  "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfreeek
                    Yes they did close on 9/11. I have been there one night during xmas when there was a private party. I think the park closed at 8 that night. There were army men, and a big tub to donate toys. We tried asking some Cm's what was going on, and their trained responce was of course, "Private Party." Grrr at them sometimes.
                    Sorry disneyfreeek.....those parties around Christmas are the Cast Member Family Parties! It's all our fault! Sorry!

Comment

Private Parties DO take place at Disneyland. However, never is the park closed for the entire day. What happens is the park will hard close (main street closes with the park instead of an hour later) and closes early. Then those guests who are with the private party are allowed to stay, they usually meet somewhere to get special armbands for identification purposes.
                      The whole park is available to them, but everything is open. It depends on what 'package' the group gets. So while the park will be open, really only a handful of shops and attractions will be open.

Fantoongal is correct abotu the Cast Member Holiday Party. That was great and is one of my favorite memories of DL thus far.
                      The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Other than Grad Night, we were never at a Private event at DL, but I was at Universal Studios for a Private event put on by Oracle. Computer geeks all over the place...

It was way cool having a private party at a theme park all to yourselves. Friends/co-workers (some enemies) everywhere in the park. Free food and drinks.

Comment

Yes, "Gay Day" was one of these after hours special events once. it was a tradition for many years... I miss when it was a "private" party. I went to the last one, I remember it well... (I ended up going out with the lead on IJA for a little while afterewards ). I think it was '97 or '98.

--J.
                          --Jonathan

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X