• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterGracey
    Dateline Disneylander
    • Jan 2005

Re: Vault 28?

Vault 28 is aimed at locals. Plain and simple.

Very few tourists are going to want or be able to afford to shell out $40 for a 1-color screened tee, or $150 for a couture top.

The store is aimed at local teen and young adult annual passholders who can afford to purchase this stuff with their parents' money or with their very hard-earned minimum wage job paychecks.

Not only is that a smaller crowd to target, but it's a tough crowd to please, too.

Vault 28 is going to have a tough time. Especially with the prices of the merch they offer.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• crystalzi
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sd331 View Post
      You have to understand that Vault 28 is aimed at an entirely different demographic than the "average" guest. The people who willingly spend $60 for a Disney-themed T-shirt at the store are the same people who spend $60 for a T-shirt from Nordstrom, Neiman Markus and other stores carrying designer brands, aka couture. I'm sure if you look at the people who buy from Vault 28, they're wearing just as expensive clothing as that sold in the store. As far as quality, it may seem nuts to spend that much money on "regular quality" clothing for Disney, but the same can also be said about any other designer brand with a high price for the label. It's all about preference; if you already don't shop at high-end stores, Vault 28 probably isn't your niche of clothing.
      Very well said. My thoughts exactly.
      "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
      Kidada Jones

Comment

• HeavensLight
        New MiceChatter
        • Oct 2006

I spend $60 on Nordstrom t-shirts with no problem and they're well made, microfiber, or Tommy Bahama, 100 percent cotton and far superior to the stuff at Vault 28. Maybe they should have called it Teen Disney for Girls. Which is fine. But don't call it Vault 28 which suggests classic, quality merchandise for both sexes. It's not "average" guests rejecting the store from what I see, it's people who have discriminating tastes, younger and older, male and female. It sounds like some are saying this merchandise seems geared toward the idle rich with inherited wealth. If so, it will flop.
        "There's a Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow ... Waiting at the End of Every Day." -- Disneyland's Carousel of Progress

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X