This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in the other Floors?

On my last trip to the park, my sister asked me what was inside the second/third stories of the buildings on Main Street. I told her I didn't know since it's never come up. What is up there? My sister speculates that there would be offices.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Store rooms?
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

I know for sure that the DL Operator is sitting up there...

There's also a dentist, a music lesson studio...
      When it comes time to die, make sure that all you have to do is die.
      -----
      MiceChat member since 1/16/05 (goin for the least posts/day record!!!)

Comment

Are there other floors? I always thought they were just built tall.

Comment

In the '80s and very early '90s it was offices and a very narrow staircase with linoleum that made you feel like you stepped into a time warp. The wonderful group of longtime switchboard operators used to have a huge space above the Opera House. Never been in the other second stories of the rest of Main Street except for Walt's apartment.
          "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

They're made to look 3-story, but really they're only 2-story.... 2nd Story is something like 60% normal size and 3rd floor is only 40% normal size. Makes the street "look" longer, taller, wider than it really is.

Comment

There was a TEAM Center up over the bank, but they closed it. I believe the Public Address System is up there though, as well.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

for the most part main street has no upper floors, just look at the height of the ceiling next time you're in the meporium or any other shop. once you add AC on the roof, it's done. thanks to forced perspective and lots of tiny windows. Of course, Dr Bitz lives in one of them.
                "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Upstairs on Main St.? It's a roof.

Originally posted by Trader Sam
                  On my last trip to the park, my sister asked me what was inside the second/third stories of the buildings on Main Street. I told her I didn't know since it's never come up. What is up there? My sister speculates that there would be offices.

Comment

Wow, GR1
                    Thanks for all that info.... and 2nd post as well...Welcome to MiceChat!

I've heard a lot of what you wrote for DL from other sources before, but the WDW stuff was completely new to me...

Again, thanks and a please keep posting...! some of us (myself included) are gluttons for
                    detail!

Comment

GR1 -- some corrections to your information:

1) PBX still maintains an office above the opera house, they have not moved offsite
                      2) I do not believe that you have to go through walt's bathroom to access the patio
                      3) there are two entrances to the appartment: up the staircase you mentioned, AND via the patio itself. This entrance is located up the stairs from the back-stage city hall door.
                      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

So where is food/merch stored for all those Main St stores? And, where are the operations offices for all the lower mgmt that handle daily ops? I work at a theme aprk and our offices are all hidden on the second floors and large back areas of buildings.
                        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

the mainstreet stock is mostly kept on the ground level behind the store operation itself (backstage). ODV (Outdoor Vending) has a large "shed" which is more like a huge warehouse back behind indiana jones that services the entire park. DCA's ODV (Outdoor Ventures) warehouse is behind the boardwalk games (you can see it from the top of the highest point on Screamin').
                          -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                          -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                          --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

I thought this thread might be about something else I was wondering... is there anything else in the "Tower of Terror" structure besides the ride?? It seems like such a huge building, I thought maybe they might have put something else inside, like some office space or storage, maybe above the gift shop. :confused:

--J.
                            --Jonathan

Comment

Wow! That's a lot of great information; I'm glad I asked. Thanks!
                              Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanIT
                                I thought this thread might be about something else I was wondering... is there anything else in the "Tower of Terror" structure besides the ride?? It seems like such a huge building, I thought maybe they might have put something else inside, like some office space or storage, maybe above the gift shop. :confused:

--J.
                                I didn't get too in-depth of the area back there, but I did some walking around... There's storage for large cranes, as well as garbage bins, trucks, and a tram route for CMs... Mostly things from DCA shoes are kept back there. And there's the DCA Cafe for CMs.
                                Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                                Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by AP2CM
                                  the mainstreet stock is mostly kept on the ground level behind the store operation itself (backstage). ODV (Outdoor Vending) has a large "shed" which is more like a huge warehouse back behind indiana jones that services the entire park. DCA's ODV (Outdoor Ventures) warehouse is behind the boardwalk games (you can see it from the top of the highest point on Screamin').
                                  The only other building on mainstreet that has a significant 2nd story is the Emporium where the 2nd floor contains the stock room and a few tiny offices. stock rooms are otherwise crammed anywheres just out of site of guests.
                                  Other lands such as New Orleans and Fantasyland have much more interesting complexes. Main Street is old, and it mostly areas cannibalizing what was there before. I.E. The showcase stock room is in the old Hill Brothers Coffee House kitchen.
                                  The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Tower of terror does have lots of empty space but mainly on the lower few levels. Not any office space but breakroom, restrooms and stockroom on the lower level.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X