This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Mountain Memories

What memories do you have of Space Mountain?

One of the memories I have of Space Mountain is always seeing that robot with the blue cap to the left of the loading area, he would always lift up his blue cap as a form of saing hello.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

I remember when Space Mountain really rocked, before the stupid Fedex crap (including the package scanner robot), and before the Dick Dale silliness that led to the ride's ultimate demise...
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

But it also lead to the rides awsome re-hab .

I remember eating at pizza port staring up at the line and telling my family to hurry and finish their pizza, because I wanted to run up to space mountain before the line got to long.
      I also remember teh big octogon sun thing... *scratches head*

Comment

I remember those stupid films you saw in the queue with the "spacey" uniforms. Ugh. Oh, the cheesiness.
        "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
        --"Being Alive"
        Company Stephen
        Sondheim

Comment

Last edited by Michelle; 09-25-2005, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I liked the music and thought it made the ride seem faster. The first lift especially.
            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

My fondest was getting a ride on it on the last day of operation. Nobody knew at the time it was the last day of operation, so when I heard I was of course sad. But then happy that I was one of the last people to ever ride the old version.

I miss SM ... Can't wait for it to reopen.

Comment

When did Fed Ex become the sponsor and did it change anything at all to the ride?
                "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

my fav. memory was when i didnt want to go on, i was in 5th grade and i went on a trip after school with an old friend named Chanse, i was a wuss and didnt go on, but then i went on later that day and it was so fun, i've loved it ever since...i cant wait for the new SM....
                  We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by Am_I_Demon
                    my fav. memory was when i didnt want to go on, i was in 5th grade and i went on a trip after school with an old friend named Chanse, i was a wuss and didnt go on, but then i went on later that day and it was so fun, i've loved it ever since...i cant wait for the new SM....
                    I had a similar experience. I was maybe 7 or 8, and for as long as I could remember my brother and his friend always talked about how fast it went and how scary it was. So my mom took us for our birthdays, and we got in line, and I was freaking out. Just freaking out! I was so scared to go on it, and I cried the whole line long, and once I got on, I loved it and wanted to go over and over again.
                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have no memories, i've never been on it yet. I still can't believe it, i've been going to Disneyland since 1987 too.

Comment

I don't remember whether it was a rainy day or what, but for some reason the park was not very full one day about 10 years ago. My ex would not ride Space Mountain (or any other coaster.) There was NO LINE for Space Mountain! I have never seen this before... so I went on by myself, kept going back around and rode the darn thing FIVE TIMES IN A ROW! I would have kept going but my ex was getting tired of just standing around waiting... and probably rightly so. I'll never forget that day.
                        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I remember those awsome commericals they used to play in the queue:

"This is the Galactic News Network. You give us 20 million nanoseconds and we'll give you the GALAXY."

Comment

I remember stuffing my shoes to be just tall enough to ride! :devil:
                            Originally posted by drunkmom
                            this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I barely remember anything about it, except standing on the second level in the queue in the hot hot hot summer sun. And how nice it was once you got inside. And there was a little robot scanning packages.

And FedEx is far superior to UPS.
                              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I remember the first time going on the ride on my first visit to Disneyland when I was, I think, 7 or 8. I recall the line being huge, most of the outside switchback queue being used, and to the escalator... it seemed to take forever. We finally got inside and I was looking longingly through the viewing window, and then we entered the loading area which seemed massive. I was in awe of the entire park, but this and Pirates really seem to stand out.

Another memory, and I can't remember if it was the same trip or a later one, we went to Space Mountain during a parade and found the line almost empty. We got on it about 5 times in a half hour or so, which was a real treat after the long lines we were used to.

More recently, and I know this is the DLR forum, but my sister and I rode Space Mountain at WDW this past October just as the park was closing. When we got off the CM working the entry had closed it off, so we thought we were done for the night, but he let one last group through and we managed to get in with them. My sister and I were the very last people to get on Space Mountain that night, and as it worked out, we got our own train of cars also since the one in front of us filled up with just the two of us remaining. It was almost creepy standing in the large loading room there all by ourselves with just the two CMs. The last people on the other track were loaded at just about the same time as we were climbing up the hill right beside them, and we cheered to each other knowing we were lucky enough to get in just one last ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                                  I don't remember whether it was a rainy day or what, but for some reason the park was not very full one day about 10 years ago. My ex would not ride Space Mountain (or any other coaster.) There was NO LINE for Space Mountain! I have never seen this before... so I went on by myself, kept going back around and rode the darn thing FIVE TIMES IN A ROW! I would have kept going but my ex was getting tired of just standing around waiting... and probably rightly so. I'll never forget that day.
                                  Heck yes! When I was little my mom and I would do the early entrance and basically just get our Space fix for the day.

Comment

I remember it before it had the cheesy "newscast" crap and the soundtrack. I liked how it had a creepy feel to it... When they added all that extra crap, it was like they were trying to make it too 'happy, peppy, and bursting with joy'.

This thread makes me wonder about the ages of MiceChat members... LOL I feel OLD.
                                    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                                    -
                                    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                                    -
                                    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                                    -
                                    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

i was at the disney warehouse yesterday and they were playing the music to space mountain. It really made me miss the ride. I always thought that the music made the ride more enjoyable for me

Orlando doing good
                                      http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                                      Princess of Randomness

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X