Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Hollywoodland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywoodland

Hey guys I was just reading up on Disneyland facts when on Wiki I found this on the Rogar Rabbite ride page
    "Roger Rabbit was even set to be the star of his own land, behind Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland, called Hollywoodland"
    Does anyone have any other infomation on Hollywoodland or is this just a fake fact?
    Happy Halloween!!!

Re: Hollywoodland

you really cannot trust Wiki at all.
    but maybe that was the inspiration for Hollywood Pictures Backlot for DCA. minus roger.

Comment

Sounds very suspicious - but you have to take everything in Wikipedia with a grain of salt, it's too easy to label rumor or fabrication as fact and stick it in a listing.

The original plan for the area between Main Street East and Space Mountain (and the Old Administration Building with the Primeval World Diorama and the train tracks) was on the original 1955 Park Plans to be developed as "Edison Square".

But since they use that area for the parade staging (they park the parade units in there and turn it around for the return run later) and other Backstage uses like trashbins and service vehicles, it has never happened.

Go look at Google Earth, and it's all there in it's glory - Start at the placemarks for Space Mountain and the Inn Between, and it's south of there.

Someone might have proposed that area for a "Hollywoodland" area briefly - I'd say it lasted all of fifteen minutes... But then cooler heads prevailed, and the Park managers convinced Imagineering they couldn't lose the parade staging space.

So instead they carved out some space from tbe Backstage areas at the north end of the park, made a tunnel under the DLRR train tracks, and built Toontown where it is now - which has roughly triple the space that the "Edison Square" area would have allowed for.

--<< Bruce >>--
      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

No, there was an announcement for Hollywoodland that was to be part of the "Disney Decade". Dick Tracy Crimestoppers was to be an attraction, as well as a Baby Herman runaway baby-buggy experience.

I always felt that "Hollywoodland" should have been the name used for the Hollywood section of D.C.A. "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" does not work for me at all.

Hollywoodland at Disneyland would have probably been located where Mickey's Toontown is today. I don't think there were ever plans to place it on the backside of Main Street, U.S.A.

Comment

Yes there were...the railroad was to pass through one of the showbuildings and the back of SM was to be the "Hollywood Hills".

These were real plans.

Comment

Wasn't that part originally supposed to be Adventureland?
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

I recall Jim Hill mentioning something similar to Hollywoodland,
              but it was for Disney MGM Studios at WDW. I haven't heard
              of any further expansion of Toontown.

One of the possible attractions was to have been a ride
              thru toontown, with what became the "Spiderman ride"
              technology. Imagine Universal's Spiderman ride, only with
              Roger Rabbit as the star.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Holleywoodland was a realitor company.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                  Yes, in fact the famous Hollywood sign originally said "Hollywoodland". In 1949, the last 4 letters were removed.
                  "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
                  - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                    It was also the name of a recent book and movie about the death of 50's television's Superman...actor George Reeves. Which coincidently had a few Disneyland references in it including one of the first scenes in the movie, where mention is made of the old Indian Village at Disneyland. So someone in the writing department either knew enough about the era to know about that...or grew up during that period and had first-hand knowledge themselves.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X