• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidspaceman
    Minion
    • Apr 2005

Minature Golf Course @ Disneyland?

As a kid growing up in the 60's, I loved to play Miniture Golf. I got so obsessed with it that whenever my family saw one, while driving in the car, they would distract me and try to get me to look the other way! Anyway, I remember a course somewhere near the Disneyland Hotel. Does anybody remember the Minature Golf Course? ...where was it? ...any of the holes? ...any pics?
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• LightBeer
    Smells like beer
    • Mar 2005

I'm not sure if there ever was a putt putt course at the DLH but I know there was one right across the street on Harbor.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

• stinkerbell
      Man O Lantern
      • Jan 2005

Hahaha!!! We talk about the mini-golf place all the time!!! I remember playing there (I think it was close to the Castle Inn on Harbor?) when I was younger....junior high for sure. My husband remembers playing there when he went to Disneyland when he was 12.....I remember playing there when I was in high school and when I was in college.

The last time we played on it was in 1997. Our oldest daughter was two at the time and she was asleep in her stroller while we played. At least, that's what we kind of remember.....it was a while ago.

We were just talking about it the other day with someone who remembers hanging out at the same mini-golf place as a 12 year old while his parents went back to the hotel, and we were talking about how you just wouldn't let your kids hang out on Harbor by themselves anymore, but how common it was back then.

Comment

• Flaming Cabin
        UH..LIKE DUH..
        • May 2005

I've heard about it..themed to the park and all. By the DH hotel. It sounds so great!..all those balls!!!

Comment

• 101 Dalmatians Rule
          Who Loves Disneyland?
          • Mar 2005

I remember playing minature golf with my mom across the street from Disneyland. I thought the minature golf place was part of a motel called the Saga Inn or something like that. It has been a very long time, so I could be wrong. :confused:
          I See SPOTS!!!!!!
          :yea: :bow: :lol: :thumbup:

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
          Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007 :yea:

Comment

• stinkerbell
            Man O Lantern
            • Jan 2005

I sure I'm talking about the one you're talking about 101. There must have been another one near the DLH??

I do remember a castle at the one on Harbor.

Comment

• Liquidspaceman
              Minion
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by stinkerbell
              I sure I'm talking about the one you're talking about 101. There must have been another one near the DLH??

I'm pretty sure it was within walking distance of the DH. It had ?Disney themes throughout. So it had to be Disney, otherwise copyright infringement?
              -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
              adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
              our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Comment

• 101 Dalmatians Rule
                Who Loves Disneyland?
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                I sure I'm talking about the one you're talking about 101.

I can only remember bits of the place since I have no pictures to help me remember. My mom did not think it was necessary to take any pictures since it was not part of Disneyland.
                I think I remember a castle being there. I also recall an arcade being there or close to it.
                I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Comment

• Disguy
                  -Going Retro-
                  • Jan 2005

I remember a little, I always wanted to stop there and play but we never made it. For some reason I thought it was next to Melody Time :confused: My dad refused to go there since 'it's something we can do at home'

Comment

• Jspider
                    • Jan 2005

well if you look at old aerial photo's I've noticed that there's some building near the Paradise Pier hotel (though ti wasn't called that then) that are now gone (replaced by parking lot just like a couple hotels were destroyed for added space for the Timon lot)
                    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• 101 Dalmatians Rule
                      Who Loves Disneyland?
                      • Mar 2005

You know... since minature golf was very popular back then maybe Disneyland had their own along with the many old motels in the area. The minature golf places were destoyed by other newer hotels as minature golf became less popular :confused:
                      I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Comment

• Crazy Legs
                        All you need is LOVE
                        • Feb 2005

Hi guys well there was a mini golf course that was across from the park on Harbor. Golf n Stuff.I did work there.

Heck i worked there the last night it was opened.They then sprung a meeting on us calling all of us to come in and said okay were closing. Disney wants us out.

Disneyland wanted the land. So now nothing sits there grass I think and a fence.I know behind it and beside it there is a Disney parking lot.

I loved Mini golf.
                        :crazylegs

Comment

• stinkerbell
                          Man O Lantern
                          • Jan 2005

When did it close?? And I could have sworn it was on Harbor, but since DCA was built, I have to admit, I've sort of forgotten how it all used to look, even though we visited twice just before and during construction of DCA (in addition to all my childhood/college visits), so you'd think I could remember a little better.....

Comment

• socal05
                            • Mar 2005

I'm 99 percent sure the course was at the DLH. My wife and I just walked over there and she was talking about coming over there when she was you and how they had a bunch of stuff to do (gone now). I know I've seen some old pic of this.

Comment

• 101 Dalmatians Rule
                              Who Loves Disneyland?
                              • Mar 2005

[QUOTE=Crazy Legs]Hi guys well there was a mini golf course that was across from the park on Harbor. Golf n Stuff.I did work there.

Did a motel own the minature golf place or was it only located next to a motel?
                              I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Comment

• stinkerbell
                                Man O Lantern
                                • Jan 2005

I'm very sure that the one I'm talking about was nowhere near the DLH.

Here's the one I'm talking about

One miniature golf course I've always felt sorry for is in Anaheim, California. It's across the street from Disneyland. Seriously, you've got the huge entrance to the Disneyland parking lot, with the enormous sign saying "Happiest Place On Earth". And if you turn around, there's a crummy little miniature golf course. It's attached to a motel, and I always think that the kids in that motel probably burst into uncontrolled sobbing when they get told that today, they're not going to see Mickey and Goofy. Instead, they get to go golfing. While watching hundreds of cars going to the Happiest Place on Earth.

I went to that course once, and it wasn't terrible. But the whole time you're there, the Matterhorn and Space Mountain are in clear view. And that doesn't help.

Comment

• DarylF
                                  Imagineer in training
                                  • Apr 2005

We have an amazingly HUGE sports bar up here in Calgary called Shanks... it has a Miniature golf course running through the dining rooms, and throughout the complex. Perhaps ESPN Zone could implement such a concept? Mini Golf would also be right at home in Paradise Pier. Even the area in the DLH with the waterfalls could have a minigolf course worked into it. I don't think one needs to be in Disneyland itself.

I miss Golf 'n' Stuff! It was on the corner of Disney Way and Harbour (next door to the Saga Inn)

Comment

• stinkerbell
                                    Man O Lantern
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DarylF
                                    I miss Golf 'n' Stuff! It was on the corner of Disney Way and Harbour (next door to the Saga Inn)
                                    Thanks! That's exactly where I picture it in my head! :bow:

Comment

• idontneedaname
                                      Sock Puppet
                                      • Feb 2005

it was attached to Maryland church. It was on Harbor across from the DLR entrance (previous entrance)

Comment

• jaybee
                                        • Jan 2005

There was a mini golf place just north of the DH back in the early 70's. It was nothing special which is probably why it didn't last long and was paved over for a parking lot. In this aerial view from the 80's, it would be the little parking lot just north of Monorail station in the crop field.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X