This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks 5/12/05 - Tink Got Stuck!!

I went to the park tonight to unwind after a long week of school in which I drew 10 18"x24" drawings, wrote an 8 page essay about statistical data, and a 5 page paper about a Manet painting. I thought, I'll wait early and get a great view of the fireworks. Well, I got a good view, but... TINK GOT STUCK!!

She flew out of the mountain at full speed, but about 6 feet away from it, the line just stuck, and she swung back and forth pretty violently a couple of times. They eventuallyturned her lights off and slid her down the line very subtly during the next sequence, but without Tink there, the Walt Opening Day Speech Segment is hardly as heartfelt or tear-inducing.

She came back for the second flight though. I hope she doesn't have whiplash!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Oh dear!!! Thank God the wire didn't snap!!! We get so wrapped up in the magic that we do not think about mishaps like that. I sure hope they can make it safe enough to prevent this from happening again.

Comment

It was kinda sad. Everyone was pointing and snapping pictures as she hung there helplessly. She tried to keep up the show after a couple seconds and swing her wand around a little bit. But eventually, they turned off her lights and she was pretty invisible.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I know I'm disturbed, but I find that kinda funny.

Sorry if that offends anybody.

Comment

I kind of find that funny too ... I mean, she has to be pretty darn secure so I doubt it would be easy for her to get hurt ... and that would be really embarassing ... but yeah, I find that rather funny
          Originally posted by drunkmom
          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Yeah... she seemed really defeated at first. She just hung on the wire by her back, with all her limbs dangling... She looked like a kitten being held by the scruff of its neck. :lol:
            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

"Tinkerbell" is a pretty hazardous duty but one never wants to consider... much less experience any mishaps. Hopefully, they will isolate and correct the problem for the sake of the cast member.
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Hmm seems like tinkerbelle has been having quite a lot of problems since the debut of the show. In the less than 10 shows done for the public in 2 of them she had major problems (today and last monday). And yes she did swing rather violently (but way up close to the top of the matterhorn) and then they took her to the bottom of the wire during the main street and tiki room portions of the show (which didnt have their castle pyro). Good thing that she came back though!

Oh BTW did anyone else notice the INCREDIBLY rude family who stood up during the entire show in the castle forecourt. They were all wearing red and practically ruined the show for everyone else. They were defending their actions as well after the show as EVERYONE went up to YELL at them.

Comment

Originally posted by dlrfanatic
                  Hmm seems like tinkerbelle has been having quite a lot of problems since the debut of the show. In the less than 10 shows done for the public in 2 of them she had major problems (today and last monday). And yes she did swing rather violently and then they took her to the bottom of the wire during the main street and tiki room portions of the show (which didnt have their castle pyro). Good thing that she came back though!
                  WHOA WHOA WHOA... all of the castle pyro was still there, alive and well. Once Michael says "It looks as though the Gods are upset by all this celebratin'", Tink was already long gone, and they were able to shoot the flames up off the front of the castle for the Indy sequence. I wasn't really aware that there was any from-castle pyro in the Tiki Room sequence.
                  May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Yeah there is castle pyro in the tiki room section, and i guess I should have pointed out that the castle pyro resumed as soon as indy the moment she reached the bottom. It was just the main street and tiki room castle pyro that was missing. I think every segment of e tickets in the sky has some sort of castle pyro.

Comment

Wait a minute... Tink is on wires?!???

Say it isn't so!!

Comment

They must have a safety isolation button for tink. If they push it no pyro will come off of the castle. Good for her or she might be bbq meat.

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout

Say it isn't so!!
                          Uh......NO.....it's all in your mind.....they are just playing, disreguard what they are saying.

"Shut up you guys, your gonna break his spirit, Hes still a disney kid for crying out loud"
                          Beautify Yourself

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout

Say it isn't so!!
                            I'm sure the wires are just there to kids won't try the same thing at home after ordering pixie dust on ebay. Tink must have run short of dust, or gotten tangled in the wires. She could have flown down at any time, she never was in any danger. Keep believing.
                            As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

I was there, got to see tink get stuck but was glad they got her fixed for the finale

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                Oh dear!!! Thank God the wire didn't snap!!!
                                At lease there is more than one wire now.
                                Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

FYI, it is spelled "Tinker Bell"... no e at the end, and a space between Tinker and Bell.

But Tink works
                                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I saw the show too! Couldn't figure out what Tink was doing. Thanks for clearing that up. What an awesome show it is. The only bad thing was when that lady plowed into me with her electric cart, and didn't stop! She plowed my friend next, and after we hit her with a barrage of "choice" words, we finally got an apology. But back to the fireworks. They are worth the price of admission all by themselves. If this is the beginning of the revamped Disney, we have nothing to fear.
                                    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I just heard about this from a friend who was there last night... that's just hilarious! :lol: Glad she's okay and was able to do the finale, though.
                                      "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X