This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Times Editor Recalls Days As A CM

Here's a link to an interesting piece in today's Los Angeles Times.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...l=la-tot-promo
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Ah, very interesting indeed! That's back when my Dad worked there. I should ask if he remembers the stunt they played since he used to work at the TT in Adventureland.

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller

There's nothing better than a good story that's well written, thank you for posting that. I enjoyed it.
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Great article! Paul Castle Sr. was my neighbor way back when, nice to hear he is still remembered as the longest running Mickey, his wife was Tinker Bell at that same time. Went to school with his son, Paul Castle Jr.
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Excuse me as I cry! that was wonderful.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

OH MY GOSH.... what a great article! That guy can write! I went from belly-laughing to wiping tears of emotion from my eyes.

What is it about that place that makes it different from any other location, that reaches to our hearts and brings out every emotion, hope, and dream, whether we've had the priviledge to be a cast member or not? Regardless of our various walks-of-life it brings us together and joins us in shared emotion; something we all have in common. And maybe thats the heart and soul of Disney's magic.

And certainly worth celebrating for the next 18 months.

Comment

Aww, I just loved this article. It was sweet and funny and well-written, all in one.
              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Awesome article!

"Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
                -Walter O' Dim.

Comment

That was Great! The image of the Seven Dwarves spin-dancing made me laugh till I had tears. Thanks for the link.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

What an interesting article. I can't believe that they wouldn't let Mowdli grow his hair out/let him wear a wig.

And LORD FORBID if they should actually have an Islander or Middle Easterner play Mowgli either.
                    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
                      That was Great! The image of the Seven Dwarves spin-dancing made me laugh till I had tears. Thanks for the link.
                      ditto!
                      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller

Thanks for posting the link buddy. Us out-of-towners would never have seen it otherwise. It was a great article.
                        As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Hahahaha...that article was AWESOME. He's a really great writer!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who took the time to write a post after reading the article. I thought it was an exceptionally good piece.

Glad I could spread it around the country via MiceChat!
                            "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X