X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Mermaid ride video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBUMRk-nkdA

Wow - - this is the mock-up video of the unbuilt Little Mermiad attraction for Disneyland. They should start building it Monday! This would be a smash with all ages if they followed through with the quality.

Put it where the defunct Motor Boat Cruise lies fallow.

Re: Little Mermaid ride video!

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
    Put it where the defunct Motor Boat Cruise lies fallow.

Very cool find!

Where was the motor boat cruise located at?

Comment

:lol: This is a joke! :lol:
      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

I totally agree with MerlinJones!! When I saw this video on the new Little Mermaid DVD that came out in October, I was blown away! Whether you're young or old, boy or girl, this attraction would appeal to everyone if it were done exactly like the video shows.

Personally, I would consider this attraction an E ticket...again, if it were done correctly! Disneyland would surely have a hit with it!
        Love Is An Open Door
        :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

Excellent. Is that the one on the DVD?

Comment

That's not bad for someone filming their tv. Was an excellent ride through and I'm glad I bought the DVD... if for no other reason that the ride-through. I think it would be one of the best attractions ever if they built it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
              Very cool find!

Where was the motor boat cruise located at?
              It was located in the river by autotopia, why they got rid of it, I don't know. You can still see remnants of it by the park and still take a good look at em on Yesterland.com
              Oh what the future will hold...

Comment

Originally posted by Vashsky666 View Post
                It was located in the river by autotopia, why they got rid of it, I don't know.
                According to everything I've ever read about it, because of high cost of maintaining the boats.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                  :lol: This is a joke! :lol:

no- not a joke-

This ride was in production- models were made- this was serious. Then the project was shelved.

Check the Little Mermaid DVD- the info is all there.

Comment

I guess it was orginally designed for Disneyland Paris or Tokyo, but it's definitely Anaheim-worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vashsky666 View Post
                      autotopia

:lol:

Comment

Very nice!

Completely agree that Motor Boat area is perfect for it.

BTW. they really should put all the quality they can, I can easily
                        see how by scrimping WDI can totally ruin this ride. (just imagine
                        EVERYTHING being painted flats like Aerial and Eric!!) Also IMHO
                        they should use the TDL Pooh tech for it.

Comment

Exactly Nephy, it was in some form of pre production from what I have heard but due to budgetary reasons (nee - Pressler) ODV carts were more appealing.

I think that an attraction of this caliber would be an amazing addition to Dland, or any of the parks!

Comment

Originally posted by nish221 View Post
                            they really should put all the quality they can, I can easily
                            see how by scrimping WDI can totally ruin this ride. (just imagine
                            EVERYTHING being painted flats like Aerial and Eric!!)
                            Oh, WDI would want to go all out on it, like they always do. The upper management would want to cut back and save a buck.

Comment

Yeah this ride would be fantastic in Disneyland would be one of my favorite rides becase Little Mermaid was the second Film i saw from Disney! (Bambi was the first)
                              Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
                              ‚Äč

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X