Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A VERY good day at Disneyland 11-18-06 (with pics!)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A VERY good day at Disneyland 11-18-06 (with pics!)

Today, Victoria and I enjoyed an exceptional day at Disneyland. I'm pretty sure I can say it will be one we'll never forget.

Traffic was crowded in L.A. (when is it not?) so we arrived at the park around 1:30pm. Main Street USA is very pretty with its holiday decorations.

We made our way to New Orleans Square which is even more stunning with its elaborate decorations.

We paused a moment for a picture at a place little known by many visitors to Disneyland, but VERY well-known to Disneyland fanatics like us.

...and this is why today was a VERY good day. Because today, I was able to press the doorbell next to this mysterious green door, announce my name and hear, "You may enter."

Today, we were privileged to join several MiceChatters and others for a special luncheon at Club 33

The elevator is tiny and could only accomodate about 4 adults at a time. One can also take the stairs.

The view from above

Our group was seated in the Trophy Room (above the Blue Bayou) where we were observed by a pair of (formerly animatronic) birds

Here's a view down the hallway

Turn right at the end of the above hallway and you enter another large area that leads to the main dining room. This area includes the full bar and the salad/seafood buffet

The only place in Disneyland where one can imbibe strong drink.

Victoria and I posing at the bar.

The table setting was elaborate. The room filled with vintage photos of Uncle Walt. Circarama takes his own photo of the stuffed birdies.

Above our table hung a chandelier that included a microphone! Look closely at the very center of the fixture. (For those who may not know the story: Uncle Walt had the idea that, if the waiters could listen in on the diners' conversations, they could provide incomparable service. "I wish the waiter would bring some more coffee." ...and, voila, as if by magic, the waiter could appear with the coffee pot! When someone pointed out this also created a monumental invasion of privacy, the idea was abandoned. The never-used microphones, however, remain.)

A view from the balcony outside the main dining room. The New Orleans Square decorations are much more beautiful when you're up high and among them!

On the balcony overlooking New Orleans Square. This may well be our Christmas Card photo this year.

After a leisurely 2-hour meal, I purchased a nice shirt and a wristwatch with the Club 33 logo as momentos. (No Club 33 mouse-ears available today, sadly.) We strolled the park awhile, rode IASW Holiday, then made our way out towards DCA. Main Street after dark is just stunning.

We took a couple of spins on California Screamin' and rode ToT before making our way to the Uva Bar for a final nightcap.

Thanks to the kindness, caring and generosity of a Frog, a Fish and a Sage, today was a special day we'll remember always.

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Re: A VERY good day at Disneyland 11-18-06 (with pics!)

Nicely done - thanks!

Comment

Wow! How wonderful for you both! I think you should use that beautiful picture for your Christmas cards, definitely! Very sparkly and magical, perfect for a Christmas greeting.

Comment

mice chatters seem to have a nice way into C33

great photos...

wait a min, where the restroom photo?

Comment

Congratulations! Great update, thanks for the pictures.
          Joey AKA "dlfreak"
          www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
          If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
          Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

Thanks for the report. Great pics!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Awesome trip report, looks like you had a fantastic time. Wonder what would happen if I rang the doorbell...
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Ooh, looks like the Club got their new costumes
                Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Sounds you did have a wonderful day....thanks for sharing!
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

If anybody deserved to go it was the two of you. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. Now, TC, when people talk about Club33 you can say you've been there.
                    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                    Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

How lucky to visit Club 33! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

So, we'll be expecting your christmas cards in the mail soon? )

Comment

What a wonderful trip report!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Comment

Thanks for charing Club 33 with us!
                          Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                          "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                          -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                          -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Congrats! Glad you had a fantastic time at Club 33!

Happiest Memories on Earth!

Comment

Thank you Tom, what a beautiful day!
                              Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X