Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After you've gone on TOT a couple of times and you know exactly when the elevator will drop, try looking up through the grated car's ceiling. It's really rather freaky watching the car scoot up and down the tracks and makes for a whole different experience. I know it sounds cheezy, but until there is an entirely random drop sequence, you need to be able to notice other little things to keep you entertained.
    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Plus, watch for the "hidden mickey" in the Twilight Zone video
      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine
        I know it sounds cheezy, but until there is an entirely random drop sequence, you need to be able to notice other little things to keep you entertained.
        The best thing to focus your eyes on, is a light bulb on in the top of the shaft. The random drop profile will be nice when it arrives, because it will allow for maximum queezyness.
        -Monorail Man

Comment

I think the DCA version is the worst clone of all time. It is 5 years newer and the ride pales in comparison with the WDW version, just plain sad. What Tokyo is getting is what we should of gotten. The thing that gets my goat is that the queue is unbelievably short and the exit is not themed AT ALL!!!! The most underfunded E-ticket of all time.

Comment

The 5th Dimension is when after a few minutes in the ride, the elevator LEAVES that elevator shaft and moves FOWARD through a whole room/scene! This aspect of the ride is AMAZING and truly builds up suspence.
            I went on TOT in WDW for the first time recently and I didn't find the 5th Dimension room to be all that great actually. The door opening at the end of the room was pretty cool, but it's unloading and loading into the shafts wasn't smooth enough to be at all convincing.

I haven't been on the one at DCA, but it looked alright, except for that terrible exit hallway. That is just unexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by D.O.M.
              I haven't been on the one at DCA, but it looked alright, except for that terrible exit hallway. That is just unexcusable.
              I haven't been on this yet, but i've seen a video, are you talking about the industrial looking basement?? Because that looked pretty bad in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by girl anachronism
                I haven't been on this yet, but i've seen a video, are you talking about the industrial looking basement?? Because that looked pretty bad in the video.
                Right after you get off the elevator. It is the complete opposite of what disney stands for.

Comment

Well, it IS supposed to be like a freight elevator. The guest elevators were lost after all. So, while they may not be posh surroundings, I think they fit the theme fine.
                  See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                  78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ModHatter
                    Well, it IS supposed to be like a freight elevator. The guest elevators were lost after all. So, while they may not be posh surroundings, I think they fit the theme fine.
                    Psh, it should have luxurious fabric d in there! :devil:

Comment

That is an excuse for them being cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                        That is an excuse for them being cheap.
                        Naaa. I think it makes it all the more scary. I love the theme of DCA Tower.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeMarX
                          Naaa. I think it makes it all the more scary. I love the theme of DCA Tower.
                          The exit makes you scared???? It makes me want to throw up. I am not talking about the boiler room or the queue line on the inside. The boiler room is themed nicely but the entry and the exit need major work. I even think the check in area is underwhelming. They need to make the lobby scarier like have some kind of light effect where it simulates lightning storms outside. They did a nice job with the detail of the lobby but the wow effect is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                            The exit makes you scared???? It makes me want to throw up. I am not talking about the boiler room or the queue line on the inside. The boiler room is themed nicely but the entry and the exit need major work. I even think the check in area is underwhelming. They need to make the lobby scarier like have some kind of light effect where it simulates lightning storms outside. They did a nice job with the detail of the lobby but the wow effect is missing.
                            I don't remember the exit. Who cares though, it's an exit off a ride that your Mom and Dad probably didn't want to go on. You just wana get out as fast as possible to tell them how awesome it was!

As for the Lobby, I love it far to much to want to change it.

Comment

You know, when I think about it, the only substantially themed exit area I can think of is Haunted Mansion.

I mean, seriously, you're in a hotel, in an employee-only area, and you've just gotten off a freight elevator that you entered through the boiler room... what sort of theme would you reasonably expect?

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

You know, when I think about it, the only substantially themed exit area I can think of is Haunted Mansion.

I mean, seriously, you're in a hotel, in an employee-only area, and you've just gotten off a freight elevator that you entered through the boiler room... what sort of theme would you reasonably expect?
                                I don't even remember The Haunted Mansions exit area. Save for the ramp that never runs. That's not even the "exit area" though. It's still part of the ride.

Indy I remember. But that's logical being as how the ride part of Indy is a short 250 mile walk from the fastpass booth.

Comment

I don't see why were complaining... You guys complain about not getting new rides, not getting e-tickets! One comes, and we have to nit-pick at every little thing! I'd give anything to go to disneyland again.... Once a ride is built, you guys seem to complain about everything...... not all the time, but yeah... You guys should be grateful for these things. Should be grateful to even go to disneyland! I know, how about we just remove all new rides, and make the park as dull as ever. Sounds good to me

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                  ~

Comment

Originally posted by Evan-500
                                    I don't see why were complaining... You guys complain about not getting new rides, not getting e-tickets! One comes, and we have to nit-pick at every little thing! I'd give anything to go to disneyland again.... Once a ride is built, you guys seem to complain about everything...... not all the time, but yeah... You guys should be grateful for these things. Should be grateful to even go to disneyland! I know, how about we just remove all new rides, and make the park as dull as ever. Sounds good to me
                                    I don't see why someone would come to a Disney discussion board and then get bent out of shape any time people discuss Disney. If you think ToT is great, talk about that. Some people think that elements weren't done to the Disney standard. They will talk about that. That, plain and simple, is discussion.

In case you really don't see why they are complaining, here is a list of what I have heard them say so far:
                                    Pre-ride theming not adequate
                                    No 5th Dimension room
                                    Post-ride theming not adequate

Personally, I found the ride to be a vast improvement over DMGM's, but I can at least see how someone with different criteria than mine would complain.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

This is generally not so much complaining as it is constructive criticism. No one is suggesting that they tear the ride down and start over. We suggest a better themed exit hallway (which is a possible addition), a better garden area for the queue (which is possible) and more show scenes on the ride to make it longer. All of these are possible changes where some of us feel corners were cut in the original development.
                                      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

I can't even remember... what is the exit hallway like at WDW/DMGM TOT?? Is it that much better?

--Jonathan
                                        --Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanIT
                                          I can't even remember... what is the exit hallway like at WDW/DMGM TOT?? Is it that much better?

--Jonathan
                                          I was on the ride a ton in 2003, and I don't remember anything about the exitway, except that it too had a store at the end.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X